[TOOL] X4LogAnalyzer - Help analyse the trade log

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Roeleveld
x4

Re: [TOOL] X4LogAnalyzer - Help analyse the trade log

Post by Roeleveld » Thu, 7. Jan 21, 20:37

drJulien wrote:
Thu, 7. Jan 21, 14:48
Roeleveld wrote:
Thu, 7. Jan 21, 06:58
Please share the code (and a compiled version) for others to use, if you don't mind.

.net-code is not (necessarily) evil, it's just not easy to run elsewhere.
Am going to see if I can get it running using proton or wine. If it does, I'll simply write up those instructions and we have a "portable" tool.

I'm not overly concerned about open/closed source, I simply want software to be available on all platforms with acceptable performance.
For games and work-related software that means: native or using a really good emulation layer.
For tools like this: Anything will do.
Thanks for your interest.
This is extremely rushed. And there's a lot of what some might consider useless fat around the bone. But I like to think big. if it's on a browser it's very portable and I've deployed this on linux mysql. Wait mysql? why do you need a database? the json file currently used is not ideal - I've seen how many ships you guys have!
Linux mysql? You mean Oracle mysql, I presume :)

As for database requirement, why not use "sqlite", that can easily be used, for single-access is more than enough and can handle the amount of data you're likely to encounter.
Sorry I hijacked this thread, maybe it's the exact same project just a new version so I vote to keep discussing here.
I agree, it's the same type of tool and the previous developer might awaken again and join in.
[/quote]
https://github.com/docJulien/X4APS
see the readme for installation notes. very rushed. there is no "binary" gotta build it and research how dotnet standalone can be executed. im curious if visual studio code on linux can build this. otherwise use VS Community.
[/quote]
You can't create a exe-file for me that I can test with wine?

Personally, I don't see the point in needing a login or even a web interface.
I wouldn't use a browser to go through the details stored on my own system.

drJulien
x4

Post by drJulien » Thu, 7. Jan 21, 21:20

Roeleveld wrote:
Thu, 7. Jan 21, 20:37
Linux mysql? You mean Oracle mysql, I presume :)
As for database requirement, why not use "sqlite", that can easily be used, for single-access is more than enough and can handle the amount of data you're likely to encounter
No I mean Linux (apache), Mysql. I've tested this thing on linux just now. sqlite is a bit slower. it should be used by changing the mysql adapter to the sql entity framework package on nuget and adjusting the connection string. I dont see a way of switching between both easily in a development project, sadly. it would also require testing and time.
Roeleveld wrote:
Thu, 7. Jan 21, 20:37
You can't create a exe-file for me that I can test with wine?

Personally, I don't see the point in needing a login or even a web interface.
I wouldn't use a browser to go through the details stored on my own system.
you wanted portability, the web browser is the best. everyone has one and it's already open.
dot net (web) is run as a standalone app (kestrel) served by a number of ways including apache. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet ... etcore-3.1

My goal is to have this running on my PC while I play X4 and access it on my tablet in real time! I know it's a selfish set of criteria - the installation steps are pro level and dev is expert level but the results are there! :P

Even if it is on Lan, I want to enable security I don't want to be blamed for someone getting their pc crashed or data lost. But you're free to create a branch which strips off everything. And that branch if you start from the current status would still use json files. I put the logic in a separate project; you can branch out or create a separate project that accesses the "business logic" but uses c++ windows forms or anything you want, but would be part of the same solution (a visual studio collection of projects). I have zero experience making windows forms that work on wine and manipulate xml files.

XTC0R
x4

Post by XTC0R » Fri, 8. Jan 21, 11:01

Maybe worth checking this MOD as well:

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=431930

drJulien
x4

Post by drJulien » Fri, 8. Jan 21, 13:58

XTC0R wrote:
Fri, 8. Jan 21, 11:01
Maybe worth checking this MOD as well:

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=431930
This is perfect for most people. A minimalized version.
But it seems to use tons of ram I wonder if it's fast. It seem to be parsing the whole save file into an object which our project here is skipping only to the log so it takes seconds (after my quick optimisation I did 2 days ago, even better performance to be expected in the future if I keep going)

drJulien
x4

Post by drJulien » Mon, 11. Jan 21, 20:10

new version fixes the 10 minutes processing time after 50+ hours of gameplay.
processing is now down to 10 seconds.
further improved by storing the last import date and only importing new log entries.
https://github.com/docJulien/X4APS/issues?q=
you had to make me look at xml files, you maniacs.. I had to rewrite the whole code. I wish the OP would verify my work - I wonder why "container" was treated differently but I didnt see any example of this in my savegame.

now back to the game

drJulien
x4

Post by drJulien » Fri, 22. Jan 21, 12:28

drJulien
x4

Post by drJulien » Fri, 22. Jan 21, 15:30

new update in 4.0 promised to bring more economy stats in game.
So this could make this project irrelevant. but it's still nice to have this off-game or on a separate monitor/device. if they enable multi-monitor in the new version then it's game over from my project and I'm glad!

Perry-Rhodan49
x4

Post by Perry-Rhodan49 » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 07:54

Hi @drJulien, looks like a great addon. Unfortunately I can't get it running. Since they didn't enable 'multi-monitor', I dare to ask if you continue to work on this great tool, specifically on an installation package für windows and more statistics?

drJulien
x4

Post by drJulien » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 13:49

Perry-Rhodan49 wrote:
Sun, 6. Jun 21, 07:54
Hi @drJulien, looks like a great addon. Unfortunately I can't get it running. Since they didn't enable 'multi-monitor', I dare to ask if you continue to work on this great tool, specifically on an installation package für windows and more statistics?
You can use visual studio community to make your package. Licensing and ruining my career is why I dont want to release a package. but please let's chat let me know how to reach you if you're still interested!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”