Mods that are reported as working with Versions 2.x to 6.x - Monday 01st October 2023

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: Mods that are reported as working with Versions 1.0 to 2.1 Beta - Updated 2 Mar 2019

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 1. Mar 19, 21:09

DeadAir Gate works on 2.0 as well. Untested on betas.

Only kicks out the usual unavoidable errors.

greengriffon
x3tc

Re: Mods that are reported as working with Versions 1.0 to 2.1 Beta - Updated 2 Mar 2019

Post by greengriffon » Fri, 1. Mar 19, 21:28

The custom ship logo mod that I just released yesterday works with the most current beta, but really it should work with any version of X4.

Griff's Realistic Ship Logos

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... escription

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Fri, 1. Mar 19, 22:27

Many thanks for the reports, have updated and added to the list :)
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

taintedxodus
x4

Post by taintedxodus » Sat, 2. Mar 19, 08:11

just the unavoidable errors for faction battleships.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Sat, 2. Mar 19, 20:56

taintedxodus wrote:
Sat, 2. Mar 19, 08:11
just the unavoidable errors for faction battleships.
Thanks for that, did quick update with it changed :)
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

djmidex
x4

Re: Mods that are reported as working with Versions 1.0 to 2.1 Beta - Updated 3 Mar 2019

Post by djmidex » Sun, 3. Mar 19, 12:33

Hi!
Working mods (ver. 2.0):

Argon Headquarter (PHQ) - Starstripe
Early SETA - Loktide
Getting Paid - iforgotmysocks
NoSuperHighways - Anon

taintedxodus
x4

Re: Mods that are reported as working with Versions 1.0 to 2.2 - Updated 27 Mar 2019

Post by taintedxodus » Sun, 31. Mar 19, 06:07

Hmm I'll mention it here unless theres a better idea for it but djfhes Carrier - djfhe / Nexus will work for 2.20 if lib.recall.subordinates.xml gets changed to this:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
<diff >
    <add sel="/aiscript/params/param[@name='debugchance']" pos="after">
        <param name="djfheJumpRecallParams" default="[]" type="internal"/>
    </add>

<add sel="/aiscript/attention/actions/do_if[@value='$subordinates.count gt 0']/do_all[@exact='$subordinates.count']/do_elseif[@value='$destination or this.object.hasunitdrone.{$subordinates.{$i}}']/do_else/do_if/create_order/param[@name='safetodockat']" pos="after">
        <param name="djfheJumpRecallParams" value="$djfheJumpRecallParams"/>
    </add>

<add sel="/aiscript/attention/actions/do_if[@value='$subordinates.count gt 0']/do_all[@exact='$subordinates.count']/do_elseif[@value='$destination or this.object.hasunitdrone.{$subordinates.{$i}}']/do_if[@value='$destination and ($secondpass? or ($activepatrol and $evalsector and $evalsector == this.sector) or not $dockcontainer.dockingallowed.{$subordinates.{$i}} or ($freedocks.{$subordinates.{$i}.class} lt 1))']/do_if[@value='not $goingtohighway?']/do_if[@value='$activepatrol']" pos="after">
        <do_elseif value="$djfheJumpRecallParams? and $djfheJumpRecallParams.count gt 0 and $djfheJumpRecallParams.{7}.{$subordinates.{$i}.type}? and $djfheJumpRecallParams.{7}.{$subordinates.{$i}.class}?">
            <create_order object="$subordinates.{$i}" id="'OrderDjfheJump'" name="$order">
                <param name="destination" value="$djfheJumpRecallParams.{1}" />
                <param name="target" value="$djfheJumpRecallParams.{2}" />
                <param name="emergency" value="$djfheJumpRecallParams.{3}" />
                <param name="wait" value="$djfheJumpRecallParams.{4}" />
                <param name="rotation" value="$djfheJumpRecallParams.{5}" />
                <param name="timeout" value="$djfheJumpRecallParams.{6}" />
            </create_order>
        </do_elseif>
    </add>
</diff>

BrummBear02
x3ap

Re: Mods that are reported as working with Versions 1.0 to 2.2 - Updated 27 Mar 2019

Post by BrummBear02 » Mon, 1. Apr 19, 11:59

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=413426

Two new ships from me. They should not produce anything but signature check and thus unavoidable errors
Gebt mir einen Spiegel dann schlage ich ihn mit seinem eigenen Gesicht

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Re: Mods that are reported as working with Versions 1.0 to 2.2 - Updated 2nd April 2019

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Mon, 1. Apr 19, 21:18

Many thanks for the updates, list updated :)

user1679

Re: Mods that are reported as working with Versions 1.0 to 2.2 - Updated 2nd April 2019

Post by user1679 » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 05:55

A list of working mods I'm currently using with v2.21

DISCLAIMER:

By "working", I mean they allow the game to load and "new game" also loads completely without getting stuck. I have not actually tested all the mods and their
functionality because most of them require many hours of gameplay.

In X4\Extensions

The next set of mods had to be installed using the "Documents" method (WIn 7), even if the author stated otherwise... This may
mean that while the game loads, some of these mods may in fact not work in game.

(Win 7) In Documents\Egosoft\X4\extensions
Items denoted with a ***

* No more RCS Thruster Sounds - Appears to not work for some ships
* Weapon Shield Balancing - Only installed shield balancing. NOTE: May conflict with FOCW since it also has balancing, don't know how to check since everything loads.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Re: Mods that are reported as working with Versions 1.0 to 2.2 - Updated 23rd April 2019

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 02:25

Thank you very much for that list, I have updated the original post with the changes :)

Browser_ice
x4

Re: Mods that are reported as working with Versions 1.0 to 2.2 - Updated 23rd April 2019

Post by Browser_ice » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 20:26

For 2.0 - Increased Long Range Scanner - Loktide / Nexus

the log file reports that it cannot validate successfully some parts of this MOD because of missing signature files. Other then that, I did not see any errors. This is the only MOD I am using.

[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 File I/O: Could not find file '.\extensions\increasedlongrangescan\content.xml.sig'
[=ERROR=] 0.00 File I/O: Could not find file '.\extensions\increasedlongrangescan\libraries\parameters.xml.sig'
[General] 0.00 File I/O: Failed to verify the file signature for file '.\extensions\increasedlongrangescan\libraries\parameters.xml' (error: 14)
[=ERROR=] 0.00 File I/O: Could not find file '.\extensions\increasedlongrangescan\libraries\parameters.xml.sig'
[General] 0.00 File I/O: Failed to verify the file signature for file '.\extensions\increasedlongrangescan\libraries\parameters.xml' (error: 14)
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Wed, 24. Apr 19, 02:25

Thanks for that, I changed Debug for Scanner to green :)

user1679

Post by user1679 » Sun, 5. May 19, 10:08

I found an incompatibility with two mods in the list I provided:

Player Owned Ship Production viewtopic.php?f=181&t=403662#p4763132
Mobile Ship Production viewtopic.php?&t=409289#p4802047

The first mod when installed by itself, breaks the "upgrade / repair" screen causing all the buttons to be
missing on that screen.

The second, which requires the first mod actually restores the "upgrade / repair" screen but together
these mods permanently disable the "undock" button, forcing the player to use the keyboard shortcut.

I dug into the source code and it appears the mod author included two files that create the menu
when docked. Since the mod was written for game v1.50 and Egosoft doesn't provide a decent
GUI modding API, these menu files significantly changed in game v2.21. Using a DIFF tool shows
many functions and vairables redefined in the LUA, beyond simply what the mod author added.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Mon, 6. May 19, 23:48

user1679 wrote:
Sun, 5. May 19, 10:08
I found an incompatibility with two mods in the list I provided:
Player Owned Ship Production viewtopic.php?f=181&t=403662#p4763132
Mobile Ship Production viewtopic.php?&t=409289#p4802047

The first mod when installed by itself, breaks the "upgrade / repair" screen causing all the buttons to be
missing on that screen.
The second, which requires the first mod actually restores the "upgrade / repair" screen but together
these mods permanently disable the "undock" button, forcing the player to use the keyboard shortcut.
I dug into the source code and it appears the mod author included two files that create the menu
when docked. Since the mod was written for game v1.50 and Egosoft doesn't provide a decent
GUI modding API, these menu files significantly changed in game v2.21. Using a DIFF tool shows
many functions and vairables redefined in the LUA, beyond simply what the mod author added.
I dropped them both back down to 1.50 list until the mod author looks at them..
Last edited by NZ-Wanderer on Tue, 7. May 19, 02:28, edited 1 time in total.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 6. May 19, 23:55

Mass Move Marines seems to be working fine with 2.21. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 7. May 19, 02:27

Thank you for that, list updated, also moved the 2 from the last page from 2.0 back to 1.5.

Shadowman2012
x4

Re: Mods that are reported as working with Versions 1.0 to 2.2 - Updated 7th May 2019

Post by Shadowman2012 » Mon, 3. Jun 19, 10:12

If this topic still alife,
theese mods works well in 2.50:
Secret Stash
Improved Repair Laser
Mass Move Marines
Increased Long Range Scanner
Paint Jobs for Sale
Fix Illegal Buy
Equipment upgrades without RNG
Buildtime Reduction - Station Modules
Fly-by Lockbox
Fly-by Looting

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Re: Mods that are reported as working with Versions 1.0 to 2.2 - Updated 7th May 2019

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Mon, 3. Jun 19, 13:32

Shadowman2012 wrote:
Mon, 3. Jun 19, 10:12
If this topic still alife,
theese mods works well in 2.50:
Thank you for the list, much appreciated.. - Yes this topic is still alive and will continue to be for as long as it is needed by anyone :)

List updated with your changes...

jdieff
x4

Re: Mods that are reported as working with Versions 1.0 to 2.5 - Updated 3rd June 2019

Post by jdieff » Wed, 5. Jun 19, 00:20

Hello players,

Posted yesterday "DFun Skills Increasing (DFSI)" on Steam :)
EN : viewtopic.php?f=181&t=417327
FR : viewtopic.php?f=187&t=417326

Bon jeu à tous !

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”