[MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v2.0 and ashipmod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

unit757
x4

Re: [Mod] Taranis

Post by unit757 » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 06:35

sco1981 wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 23:36
unit757 wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 20:24

Awesome, I'll update and give it a test on some poor pirates.

One other issue which I just noticed now in 1.3, which I'm guessing you just added, the rotating radar on top of the bridge (****ing awesome addition) fades out of view unless you are practically ontop of it.
Yeah, i tried many things, but i think the third lod file is missing, so i guess it will always disappear.
Maybe someone has an idea how to fix this.
How is it set up? I'm going to guess its similar to how animated extras were in X3, being attachments. Is the LOD built into the model itself, or is it looking for a file that can't be found? I haven't looked at all into the X4 models yet, but assuming they follow previous X games setups, one of the teladi biomes has an animated radar you could possibly have it attach instead. That was one of the things I really liked about the Rebirth capital ships, they all felt more... alive? Made it feel more like a ship then just a floating box.

I did also have a thought on the engines. Is there any way you can tell it to use the model for the L sized engines instead of the XL ones? They should be smaller, and thus fit better.

Or absolute worst case you could change it to an L sized ship so it uses the parts, but retaining the cost and stats of an XL?

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 08:11

unit757 wrote:
Fri, 21. Dec 18, 06:35

How is it set up? I'm going to guess its similar to how animated extras were in X3, being attachments. Is the LOD built into the model itself, or is it looking for a file that can't be found? I haven't looked at all into the X4 models yet, but assuming they follow previous X games setups, one of the teladi biomes has an animated radar you could possibly have it attach instead. That was one of the things I really liked about the Rebirth capital ships, they all felt more... alive? Made it feel more like a ship then just a floating box.

I did also have a thought on the engines. Is there any way you can tell it to use the model for the L sized engines instead of the XL ones? They should be smaller, and thus fit better.

Or absolute worst case you could change it to an L sized ship so it uses the parts, but retaining the cost and stats of an XL?
The Rebirth radar exists on its own, but i think i have to add the third lod to the dae file. And there is the problem, i can't export from dae to xml yet.
I tried to add the lods to the xml file and created copy-lod files in the data folder, but nothing changed.
Don't see the teladi radar as extra xml variant, only paranid have one. But this is big as the ship and don't looks like a radar.

The L engines i tried too, but they are way too small. It looks very ugly then. Resize the whole model isn't possible as well resize the engines.
I don't get the export to work yet. :(

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 08:13

TR0LL wrote:
Fri, 21. Dec 18, 00:39
Could you make an idiot's guide to adding ships? Id really like to add some Eve Online ships.
A complete guide is a lot of work and importing ships of other games seems to be impossible right now.
But someone wrote a good startup:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=409698

unit757
x4

Post by unit757 » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 08:28

sco1981 wrote:
Fri, 21. Dec 18, 08:11
unit757 wrote:
Fri, 21. Dec 18, 06:35

The Rebirth radar exists on its own, but i think i have to add the third lod to the dae file. And there is the problem, i can't export from dae to xml yet.
I tried to add the lods to the xml file and created copy-lod files in the data folder, but nothing changed.
Don't see the teladi radar as extra xml variant, only paranid have one. But this is big as the ship and don't looks like a radar.

The L engines i tried too, but they are way too small. It looks very ugly then. Resize the whole model isn't possible as well resize the engines.
I don't get the export to work yet. :(

Ahh, ok. Shame, but I'd imagine as time goes on, and more people start to get involved with modding someones going to figure it out. Keep up the good work though! Rebirth's ships are to beautiful to be left behind in that game

Xfan989
x4

Post by Xfan989 » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 19:21

Keep up the nice work. Ship variety is a problem in X4, so ship mods are more than welcome.
If you somehow manage to get the engines fixed to the right size, and the drones working (says for me drones unavailable, even when I have some on board), that would be amazing.
Overall, the visuals with turrets and shields work quite nicely, you picked some good spots for minimal clipping.

If you plan on further upgunning the "True Battleship" version, I marked some spots that just seem to be waiting for turrets :P

Also, the two L turrets you added in V1.5 (I marked them in the pic below) - I suggest to create a new turret group for those two, to be more flexible in weapon choice.
Die Nacht ist nur so dunkel, damit man sie besser sieht.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 20:59

Xfan989 wrote:
Fri, 21. Dec 18, 19:21
Keep up the nice work. Ship variety is a problem in X4, so ship mods are more than welcome.
If you somehow manage to get the engines fixed to the right size, and the drones working (says for me drones unavailable, even when I have some on board), that would be amazing.
Overall, the visuals with turrets and shields work quite nicely, you picked some good spots for minimal clipping.

If you plan on further upgunning the "True Battleship" version, I marked some spots that just seem to be waiting for turrets :P

Also, the two L turrets you added in V1.5 (I marked them in the pic below) - I suggest to create a new turret group for those two, to be more flexible in weapon choice.
Ty, engines are not possible right now for me, cause i can't export a resized version from dae- to xml file format yet.
Will look into the drone thing, how do you drop dones? Is this not an automatic system?
I added these two L turrets to an existing group, cause i think there is a limit for turret groups.
May add some more turrets in the future. ;-)

Xfan989
x4

Post by Xfan989 » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 21:48

sco1981 wrote:
Fri, 21. Dec 18, 20:59

Will look into the drone thing, how do you drop dones? Is this not an automatic system?
I added these two L turrets to an existing group, cause i think there is a limit for turret groups.
May add some more turrets in the future. ;-)
Yes, drones should deploy automatically when under attack. However, on the Taranis it doesn't work for me.

Turret groups.
You currently have SEVEN of those in the V1.5 True Battleship
The Nomad from "Faction Battleships" has THIRTEEN turret groups.
So you can add quite some more groups if you like :)

Takei
x4

Post by Takei » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 22:20

sco1981 wrote:
Ty, engines are not possible right now for me, cause i can't export a resized version from dae- to xml file format yet.
Have you tried just simply making new XL engines using an L model? That might be the right fit.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 22:59

Xfan989 wrote:
Fri, 21. Dec 18, 21:48
Yes, drones should deploy automatically when under attack. However, on the Taranis it doesn't work for me.

Turret groups.
You currently have SEVEN of those in the V1.5 True Battleship
The Nomad from "Faction Battleships" has THIRTEEN turret groups.
So you can add quite some more groups if you like :)
13??? Ok, i think thats too much. :P
I added 2 Groups in version 1.6 and there are now 10L and 56M turrets in the battleship version.
How much has this Nomad?
Did get some repair drones and fly to xenon, after hull was damaged, the repairdrones comes out. :gruebel:
Last edited by sco1981 on Fri, 21. Dec 18, 23:21, edited 1 time in total.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 23:00

Takei wrote:
Fri, 21. Dec 18, 22:20
sco1981 wrote:
Have you tried just simply making new XL engines using an L model? That might be the right fit.
The problem is, the L model is way too small, so i have to resize the XL or the L one. :(

Kamuchi_
x4

Post by Kamuchi_ » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 23:22

Took the previous version into Faulty Logic and it went toe to toe with 2 destroyers and a whole lot of fighters for a first wave and then another group coming shortly after.
Half the guns were destroyed, one engine got vaporized and heavy hull damage but it took the win.
Having 2 extra main turrets on the side feels like it's one of the last things it needed to have some more weight in the fight, but oh boy did this remind me of some classic space fights with rounds going every where and beams lighting up the space!
Can't wait for a full scale Xenon invasion with FOCW to see how it does with the extra guns :mrgreen:

I do have a small request incase you are going to shuffle with the turrets, and that is if the top 2 turrets behind the bridge and the bottom 2 turrets at the center could each get it's own group.
Reason for asking is so that we could install a few plasma weapons to deal with shields while the other turrets deal with the hull or beams with another type of fast firing weapon to increase it's diversity in loadout for when more weapons get added to the game by dlc or mods.
https://i.imgur.com/cZGKWlr.png

Was thinking of letting the argons use it aswel, but after thinking about it...nah!
The ship looks awesome, the battleship version feels great flying in combat and when ever whiping someone out, it gives you that feeling you are your own faction with a different ship design :lol:
Great work and looking forward to more tweaks! :D

https://i.imgur.com/fg5B13c.png

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 10:33

Kamuchi_ wrote:
Fri, 21. Dec 18, 23:22
Took the previous version into Faulty Logic and it went toe to toe with 2 destroyers and a whole lot of fighters for a first wave and then another group coming shortly after.
Half the guns were destroyed, one engine got vaporized and heavy hull damage but it took the win.
Having 2 extra main turrets on the side feels like it's one of the last things it needed to have some more weight in the fight, but oh boy did this remind me of some classic space fights with rounds going every where and beams lighting up the space!
Can't wait for a full scale Xenon invasion with FOCW to see how it does with the extra guns :mrgreen:

I do have a small request incase you are going to shuffle with the turrets, and that is if the top 2 turrets behind the bridge and the bottom 2 turrets at the center could each get it's own group.
Reason for asking is so that we could install a few plasma weapons to deal with shields while the other turrets deal with the hull or beams with another type of fast firing weapon to increase it's diversity in loadout for when more weapons get added to the game by dlc or mods.
https://i.imgur.com/cZGKWlr.png

Was thinking of letting the argons use it aswel, but after thinking about it...nah!
The ship looks awesome, the battleship version feels great flying in combat and when ever whiping someone out, it gives you that feeling you are your own faction with a different ship design :lol:
Great work and looking forward to more tweaks! :D

https://i.imgur.com/fg5B13c.png
Yeah, i want to play with FOCW too, this will be awesome, but i need more unique battleships for that big battle feeling. :)

Next version, i will separate 2 L turrets to a own group, but can't do more. The Turret behavior hud is limited to 11 Groups.
You can let argon and antigone use this with the addon, but i don't like it too. Maybe with more ships on the horizon.

Xfan989
x4

Post by Xfan989 » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 11:45

sco1981 wrote:
Fri, 21. Dec 18, 22:59

13??? Ok, i think thats too much. :P
I added 2 Groups in version 1.6 and there are now 10L and 56M turrets in the battleship version.
How much has this Nomad?
It has 6 L and 20 M turrets if I am not mistaken

Kamuchi_
x4

Post by Kamuchi_ » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 15:27

sco1981 wrote:
Sat, 22. Dec 18, 10:33
Yeah, i want to play with FOCW too, this will be awesome, but i need more unique battleships for that big battle feeling. :)

Next version, i will separate 2 L turrets to a own group, but can't do more. The Turret behavior hud is limited to 11 Groups.
You can let argon and antigone use this with the addon, but i don't like it too. Maybe with more ships on the horizon.
Thanks for the group seperation, that way we can atleast add a couple of shield busters to it :twisted:

With the 2 extra L turrets and FOCW it really shines :D
Parked it at the Ianamus Zura <> matrix gate while I'm building some gunstars and I can say that the best spot in the house is standing at the landing platform and watch the fireworks while giving scale to the ships unlike when standing on the bridge, it is so awesome :lol:

https://i.imgur.com/EcDrgC1.png
https://i.imgur.com/DwTJVxQ.png
https://i.imgur.com/4jEyhtR.png

Just went on a 1v1 with a Xenon I and if I didn't take manual control, it would have died.
The balance for the battleship version in FOCW is pretty much spot on :)

YorkRoss
x4

Post by YorkRoss » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 16:48

A bit of a suggestion if/when you port over the Arawn: I would give it at least 8 or 10 S-size landing/launch bays for Drones/Fighters to launch from. The Taranis's 2 launch pads is really limiting in the current X4 state when recovering all your defense drones (it kinda makes sense since its not meant to be a Carrier but still, its annoying spending a couple minutes SETA'ed every time your defense drones come home to dock). Not really sure about any M-docks on the Arawn but...well, im sure you'll figure that out.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 17:49

Kamuchi_ wrote:
Sat, 22. Dec 18, 15:27
Thanks for the group seperation, that way we can atleast add a couple of shield busters to it :twisted:

Parked it at the Ianamus Zura <> matrix gate while I'm building some gunstars and I can say that the best spot in the house is standing at the landing platform and watch the fireworks while giving scale to the ships unlike when standing on the bridge, it is so awesome :lol:

Just went on a 1v1 with a Xenon I and if I didn't take manual control, it would have died.
Looks impressive, but i think i should buff K's and I's too, or at least the I as dangerous enemy. :twisted:

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 17:51

YorkRoss wrote:
Sat, 22. Dec 18, 16:48
A bit of a suggestion if/when you port over the Arawn: I would give it at least 8 or 10 S-size landing/launch bays for Drones/Fighters to launch from. The Taranis's 2 launch pads is really limiting in the current X4 state when recovering all your defense drones (it kinda makes sense since its not meant to be a Carrier but still, its annoying spending a couple minutes SETA'ed every time your defense drones come home to dock). Not really sure about any M-docks on the Arawn but...well, im sure you'll figure that out.
I would do that, but the docking bays are too big and i can't edit the models right now.

Kamuchi_
x4

Post by Kamuchi_ » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 17:56

sco1981 wrote:
Sat, 22. Dec 18, 17:49
Kamuchi_ wrote:
Sat, 22. Dec 18, 15:27

Looks impressive, but i think i should buff K's and I's too, or at least the I as dangerous enemy. :twisted:
That would conflict with BlackRain's tweaking I think, better ask him to buff the I :D
I added a few screenshots to the nexus page aswel, approve if you like any and I'll delete the rest, the low orbit and the Matrix #451 are my fav https://i.imgur.com/rwqwU9c.png :D

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 19:10

Kamuchi_ wrote:
Sat, 22. Dec 18, 17:56
That would conflict with BlackRain's tweaking I think, better ask him to buff the I :D
I added a few screenshots to the nexus page aswel, approve if you like any and I'll delete the rest, the low orbit and the Matrix #451 are my fav https://i.imgur.com/rwqwU9c.png :D
Ah ok, i have to play more than mod the game. :P
Thanks for the screenshots, the 3 Taranis looks cool, some more for a big fleet and time to takeover some sectors. :D

Kamuchi_
x4

Post by Kamuchi_ » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 19:22

sco1981 wrote:
Sat, 22. Dec 18, 19:10
Kamuchi_ wrote:
Sat, 22. Dec 18, 17:56
Ah ok, i have to play more than mod the game. :P
Thanks for the screenshots, the 3 Taranis looks cool, some more for a big fleet and time to takeover some sectors. :D
Oh yeah, but desperate to build some gunstars to help secure all the xenon gates, FOCW really makes things interesting that the Teladi station docks got wrecked and 1 Taranis wasn't enough lol
I'm really loving this ship :D

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”