Unable to download the Catalogue Tool

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BigSabo

Unable to download the Catalogue Tool

Post by BigSabo » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 12:05

Despite enabling cookies and being logged into the website I keep getting the Access Denied message preventing me from downloading the catalog tool mentioned in one of the stickied posts.

EmperorDragon
x4

Re: Unable to download the Catalogue Tool

Post by EmperorDragon » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 14:38

Could be a security issue, I have some beefy security on my machine too (due to work) and "unapproved" downloads/registrations/installations can be an issue for me as well from time to time.

If you have Steam, try downloading the Rebirth tools through Steam, it also works perfectly well for working with X4's .cat files.
“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

BigSabo

Post by BigSabo » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 22:51

It's not showing up in my Steam list because I assume that I haven't bought Rebirth. I suppose I figured that I didn't need to buy that game just to mod X4 maybe that't not the case...

ADMNtek
x4

Post by ADMNtek » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 01:28

BigSabo wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 12:05
Despite enabling cookies and being logged into the website I keep getting the Access Denied message preventing me from downloading the catalog tool mentioned in one of the stickied posts.
try this one works fine for me and it comes with a gui.
https://mega.nz/#!YNQhmIYY!mw3dXjtD0D3J ... D2TLS0MFMQ

jmattspartacus2

Post by jmattspartacus2 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 05:10

IIRC, you can register your steam account with your forum account, and it will let you download from the forum link.

xxjd190xx

Post by xxjd190xx » Tue, 9. Feb 21, 18:48

Can someone send me the file. I can't download the tool. Thanks

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 9. Feb 21, 19:06

ADMNtek's link from above still works. Forum download and Steam download also work fine for me and were updated for X4: Foundations.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

BOSKIF

Post by BOSKIF » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 18:02

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Tue, 9. Feb 21, 19:06
ADMNtek's link from above still works. Forum download and Steam download also work fine for me and were updated for X4: Foundations.
Nein, it still shows "Access Denied".

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 18:21

Download description of Catalogue Tools wrote:The X Catalog Tool is available only to users who have either one of the X Games registered in their forum profile or linked their Steam account.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

stefanxyz
x4

Post by stefanxyz » Thu, 5. May 22, 18:58

I can confirm, that downloading the tool does not work, despite having the steam account linked and cookies enabled.
Can you please provide an accessible link to the catalogue tool. This would be highly appreciated.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 5. May 22, 20:12

The forum download still works fine for me. Do you get any kind of error message, when trying to download the tool? Do you have script blockers or similar installed? Have you tried right clicking on the download link and selecting the "Save as..." (or similar) option?

You can also get the Catalog Tool via Steam by selecting the "Tools" category from your library and searching for "X Tools".

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”