[Mod]Standalone Station Manager Credit Transfer V1.4.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Matterom
x4

[Mod]Standalone Station Manager Credit Transfer V1.4.1

Post by Matterom » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 05:02

While this mod was supposed to be redundant as of 1.51 i have decided that the basic function of transparent manual control of the budget is valuable, rather than the arbitrary

This is a extension that allows for station managers to transfer credits from the station to the player after it reaches a certain point over budget. The default setup is rated at 10m checks and instantly when over budget.

Features:
  • Auto Transfers station credits if above the budget defined by talking to the manager
  • If there is a build storage and it still needs cash it will transfer 50% of the trade cash cash to the build storage
  • This Amount is logged to general for your viewing pleasure.
  • If a station has no operating budget it holds onto the cash.
  • Will move credits from the build storage if there is nothing being built
Hotfix 1.4.1
  • Removed chat dialog from superfluous npcs(eg, pilots, ship traders, ect).
  • Conversations were directing to an older version of the chat menu that was depreciated and didn't exist. should work now, tested on the wrong file.
Changelog 1.4
  • Using 64 bit Integers rather than 32 bit integers (budget no longer restricted to 21 mill)
  • Added commas
  • Max step increased from 10 to 100.
Changelog 1.3
  • Default budget set to 1M
  • Now Configurable Through a chat interface with the station manager See Budget Options
  • Improved Log Displays
  • Fixed a divisor error that was rarely taking money from the player account (oops)

Notes: The mod produces a few debug log outputs which, i have found to be unavoidable
the standard sig outputs
diff errors which can be ignored
and an error related to the way i setup my conversations. This one can also be ignored as i've found it not to affect the functionality of the mod itself, However i'm still looking for a way to fix it.

I ask you do not re-upload without my explicit permission.
Google Drive: Download
Nexus Mods: Link
Last edited by Matterom on Sun, 11. Aug 19, 08:45, edited 9 times in total.
My Mods:
Sector Administration: A Tax Mod
Standalone Station Manager Credit Transfer: A vanilla alternative and replacement
1.6 Simple Order Fixes: Small fixes for version 1.6 AI
Simple Carrier Repair: Small Carrier Repair

Invasion

Re: [Mod] Station Manager Auto Credit Transfer

Post by Invasion » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 16:44

Nice! I was looking for this
But why only transfer when exceeding 3x the operating budget?
By the way, stations have a minimum recommended and expected operating budget
Minimum recommended is shown in Logical Overview, and expected operating budget is shown in the info panel, under station manager
I suppose you are talking about the latter, because if the station has less than expected operating budget, we get an upkeep mission to top up station funds
<Blunt Threadslayer>
Making you sweat today, so you won't have to bleed tomorrow

pflip
x4

Post by pflip » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 18:34

Invasion wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 16:44
Nice! I was looking for this
But why only transfer when exceeding 3x the operating budget?
By the way, stations have a minimum recommended and expected operating budget
Minimum recommended is shown in Logical Overview, and expected operating budget is shown in the info panel, under station manager
I suppose you are talking about the latter, because if the station has less than expected operating budget, we get an upkeep mission to top up station funds
Ah! that's why I was not triggering the transfer. I was wondering if the script was working at all.

Regarding the 3x, it will be nice to implement a slider in the UI where you can set the preference.

Good mod, thank you

--- Pflip

---- Imperare sibi maximum imperium est -----

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 20:47

Initially i was using the minimum operating budget, but i discovered that no matter how the station was setup, it was always 0, And i do plan on making it configurable... but for that i need to learn lua. And that would take some time.

I suppose i can go with 2x. I setup for Three because I've got a super profitable station and i didn't want the log to be cluttered., guess i could move the log to general as well instead of upkeep
My Mods:
Standalone Station Manager Credit Transfer: A vanilla alternative and replacement

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:58

Hrm, Apparently in the one i released it did have them at 2x instead of 3, i must of changed it and forgot about it. Anyway i made some minor tweaks and re uploaded it.
Edit: Whoops
Forgot to remove a parenthesis, rapidly reuploaded and started seeing a lot of weird errors so i removed the download, Turns out cat/dat files don't like being updated while loaded. The more you know.
My Mods:

arknor1981

Post by arknor1981 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 00:22

below operating budget log messages are annoying as hell.

every 10 mins they contact me and disable SETA
I don't think we really need the log files saying they have insufficient funds when there sitting on a fortune

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 02:50

arknor1981 wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 00:22
below operating budget log messages are annoying as hell.

every 10 mins they contact me and disable SETA
I don't think we really need the log files saying they have insufficient funds when there sitting on a fortune
Yeah, i cut it to 1/4th but now i guess i'll just revert it.

edit:
Alright, i reverted that bit to vanilla,
set the trigger point to 1.5 of the budget, and set the interval to 10m
Also it auto empties out the build storage cash if it's not building anything.
My Mods:

deepmerlin2057
x4

Post by deepmerlin2057 » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 20:47

This mod is a godsend for those of us who manage tons of stations. You should post it at Nexus mods for more visibility. https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/

Baldamundo
x4

Post by Baldamundo » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 16:24

Does this mod transfer money from your account to the station when below the operating budget?

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 20:17

It shouldn't, but as of 1.51 this mod will officially be obsolete. Will be replacing it with something else soon.
My Mods:

Baldamundo
x4

Post by Baldamundo » Sun, 13. Jan 19, 09:28

Matterom wrote:
Fri, 11. Jan 19, 20:17
It shouldn't, but as of 1.51 this mod will officially be obsolete. Will be replacing it with something else soon.
Is it safe to uninstall the mod in an existing save?

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 13. Jan 19, 09:31

Baldamundo wrote:
Sun, 13. Jan 19, 09:28
Matterom wrote:
As far as I know from personal exp yes its safe.

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Sun, 13. Jan 19, 09:38

Baldamundo wrote:
Sun, 13. Jan 19, 09:28
Matterom wrote:
It's a change to the listening handler, So yeah it's pretty safe to uninstall. Mine actually has a few features egosoft's "Fix" doesn't have. But again I'll be replacing this soon.
My Mods:

Wiesel No1

Re: [Mod] Station Manager Auto Credit Transfer (Redundant as of 1.51)

Post by Wiesel No1 » Sun, 13. Jan 19, 15:34

hi,

if you have challanges starting the mod under W7/W8 replace the lines in content.xml with this:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<content id="MCT" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits to player (and half to build storage if construction in proccess and needs credits) If it has 2x it's requested production budget" author="Matterom" version="1.2" date="2018-16-12" save="0" enabled="1">
  <text language="7" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits" author="Matterom" />
  <text language="33" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits" author="Matterom" />
  <text language="34" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits" author="Matterom" />
  <text language="39" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits" author="Matterom" />
  <text language="44" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits" author="Matterom" />
  <text language="49" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits" author="Matterom" />
  <text language="55" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits" author="Matterom" />
  <text language="81" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits" author="Matterom" />
  <text language="82" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits" author="Matterom" />
  <text language="86" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits" author="Matterom" />
  <text language="88" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits" author="Matterom" />
</content>
best regards

Matterom
x4

Re: [Mod] Station Manager Auto Credit Transfer (Redundant as of 1.51)

Post by Matterom » Thu, 17. Jan 19, 02:30

Wiesel No1 wrote:
Sun, 13. Jan 19, 15:34
hi,

if you have challanges starting the mod under W7/W8 replace the lines in content.xml with this:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<content id="MCT" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits to player (and half to build storage if construction in proccess and needs credits) If it has 2x it's requested production budget" author="Matterom" version="1.2" date="2018-16-12" save="0" enabled="1">
  <text language="7" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits" author="Matterom" />
  <text language="33" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits" author="Matterom" />
  <text language="34" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits" author="Matterom" />
  <text language="39" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits" author="Matterom" />
  <text language="44" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits" author="Matterom" />
  <text language="49" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits" author="Matterom" />
  <text language="55" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits" author="Matterom" />
  <text language="81" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits" author="Matterom" />
  <text language="82" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits" author="Matterom" />
  <text language="86" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits" author="Matterom" />
  <text language="88" name="Manager Credit Transfer" description="Auto Transfers credits" author="Matterom" />
</content>
best regards
I've gone ahead and included this to the base file
My Mods:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”