[WIP][Mod]TaterTrader v4- An Autotrade Alternative

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [WIP][Mod]TaterTrader v4- An Autotrade Alternative

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 22. Jun 20, 16:35

Scoob wrote:
Mon, 22. Jun 20, 15:37
DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 22. Jun 20, 14:47
If you don't assign it to the station it should be fine.
Thanks for replying, I appreciate it.

Do you mean don't assign it as a station trader? I just ordered the ship from the Wharf and, once built, set it up as a Tater Trader trading only Nividium. I thought assigning it to the station was essential for this to work correctly? Perhaps I'm missing some nuance of the configuration? I know it worked perfectly for at least two runs, then reset. The second time it didn't even make a single sale, it idled for a bit, then re-assigned its self to the Mining group.

I will play around some more this evening.

If at all possible, could you perhaps screen-shot the exact options I should be using for this role? Basically, selling Nividium from the HQ.

Scoob.
Honestly, i never thought about people using traders for ore. If there are sell orders and buy orders, it should work without assigning to a station.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 22. Jun 20, 19:33

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 22. Jun 20, 16:35
Honestly, i never thought about people using traders for ore. If there are sell orders and buy orders, it should work without assigning to a station.
Just want to add that this appears to be an issue of the vanilla scripts taking over, rather than TT failing. When I use Mules to do the selling, they work for a while - just like TT - then suddenly that ship is re-assigned to a different group and to regular mining duties.

I will test NOT assigning it to a station and see how that goes. However, does that mean the credits won't go the HQ account? If so, that sorta defeats the point as this station is raising funds to buy other stuff.

Edit: Not assigning the TT to the station sees it sit "searching for trades" endlessly, while there are several valid trades available. I will continue testing.

Edit 2: I can confirm that NOT assigning the ship to a station means it will never make any trades. Whereas assigning it will see it usually make some trades, before reverting to Mining. Something vanilla is overriding the default behaviour.

Scoob.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 22. Jun 20, 20:48

Scoob wrote:
Mon, 22. Jun 20, 19:33
DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 22. Jun 20, 16:35
Just want to add that this appears to be an issue of the vanilla scripts taking over, rather than TT failing. When I use Mules to do the selling, they work for a while - just like TT - then suddenly that ship is re-assigned to a different group and to regular mining duties.

I will test NOT assigning it to a station and see how that goes. However, does that mean the credits won't go the HQ account? If so, that sorta defeats the point as this station is raising funds to buy other stuff.

Edit: Not assigning the TT to the station sees it sit "searching for trades" endlessly, while there are several valid trades available. I will continue testing.

Edit 2: I can confirm that NOT assigning the ship to a station means it will never make any trades. Whereas assigning it will see it usually make some trades, before reverting to Mining. Something vanilla is overriding the default behaviour.

Scoob.
It would probably take a diff to lib.request.orders to prevent vanilla from overriding. I'll see what i can do

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 22. Jun 20, 21:44

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 22. Jun 20, 20:48
It would probably take a diff to lib.request.orders to prevent vanilla from overriding. I'll see what i can do
I noticed there was a slightly newer version of Misunderstood Wookie's branch of the Mules and Warehouses Extended mod. I applied this and now my Mule is trading just fine, without being reassigned - well, it's been running for over an hour without an issue thus far. Perhaps Mules takes into account a recent vanilla change that TT does not? Note: I'm using the "M1 - Travel Mule" option, assigned to my HQ.

It is odd to see the vanilla game behaviour taking over though, so it would be nice if it was fixed. I don't think having a Mining hub like this is a huge leap when it comes to valid game mechanics.

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 23. Jun 20, 00:51

I'm having some weird TT problems this eve, even a normal trader simply isn't working. I'm in a sector with ware selling for well under average and buyers paying way more than average. However, my TT just sits there doing nothing at all. I've tried lots of different combinations of settings impacting range, wares bought / sold, factions dealt with, explicit sectors etc. but nothing works. There are very viable trades in one particular sector, but even limiting just to this sector the TT does nothing. I'm very confused.

Note, my settings for the TT currently:

Trader Home: Heart of Acrimony II
Home Bound: unchecked.

Ranges both zero - plenty of local trades.

All settings Unchecked except "Legal Wares"

That's it, yet it isn't moving. Any ideas?

Edit: it just woke up! Typical lol. I had to use the copy preset to include ALL wares, I've not had to do that with my other TT's, they just traded based off having "Legal Wares" checked. I did update the script a few days ago, did something change?

Scoob.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 23. Jun 20, 02:40

Scoob wrote:
Tue, 23. Jun 20, 00:51
I'm having some weird TT problems this eve, even a normal trader simply isn't working. I'm in a sector with ware selling for well under average and buyers paying way more than average. However, my TT just sits there doing nothing at all. I've tried lots of different combinations of settings impacting range, wares bought / sold, factions dealt with, explicit sectors etc. but nothing works. There are very viable trades in one particular sector, but even limiting just to this sector the TT does nothing. I'm very confused.

Note, my settings for the TT currently:

Trader Home: Heart of Acrimony II
Home Bound: unchecked.

Ranges both zero - plenty of local trades.

All settings Unchecked except "Legal Wares"

That's it, yet it isn't moving. Any ideas?

Edit: it just woke up! Typical lol. I had to use the copy preset to include ALL wares, I've not had to do that with my other TT's, they just traded based off having "Legal Wares" checked. I did update the script a few days ago, did something change?

Scoob.
The trader is faster as of a couple days ago. If it was previously working without having use presets checked, it was a bug or it was receiving ware basket from civilian fleet. Use presets will clear out the ware basket and apply the ones checked, if you manually add wares after, uncheck use preset

o-papaya-o
x4

Post by o-papaya-o » Tue, 23. Jun 20, 09:04

I confirm that since the update, the wait between two races is faster and makes bigger profits. very good work DeadAirRT
C’est en voyant un moustique se poser sur ses coui**** que l’on s’aperçoit qu’on ne peut pas régler tous les problèmes par la violence.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 23. Jun 20, 11:56

DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 23. Jun 20, 02:40
The trader is faster as of a couple days ago. If it was previously working without having use presets checked, it was a bug or it was receiving ware basket from civilian fleet. Use presets will clear out the ware basket and apply the ones checked, if you manually add wares after, uncheck use preset
Must have been some obscure bug then. I reset all my TT's to include the presets and they're all trading significantly faster than before with very little wait time between trade runs. Very good! I double-checked and my previously working traders were all set to trade ship building wares, but had no list of individual wares showing use presets was no checked.

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 6. Jul 20, 16:45

Hi,

I've found another slight issue. My TaterTraders often attempt to sell stuff to Faction-owned Support Ships. However, in the case of my L-Class ships at least, they can never actually dock. I've had numerous traders get stuck with a "Critical" (cannot be cancelled) Dock order at a Support ship they can never complete.

The Support ships wants the wares and can dock L and XL-Classed ships for repairs just fine, plus my ship at least has Cargo Drones, but it simply doesn't ever work.

On another note, likely linked to my earlier post, but every so often TT simply does not work at all. I've got numerous TT's working fine, some free traders, some assigned to stations. However, ever so often I try to set up a new one - just using the same settings as another one, just in a different part of the universe or assigned to a different station - and they sit there stuck "searching for trades" yet never take any, despite MANY viable trades being present within their set parameters. This makes it REALLY HARD when first using TT as you're likely to assume you've done something wrong and try other settings, but you had it right all along, TT was just unresponsive.

Like I said, I have several TT's working great and they have been for game days, I try to set up a new one with the same settings and nothing. Most odd!

Edit: Interestingly, just after I posted this, several of my TT's (station-assigned ones) that were doing nothing, all woke up at once. No settings changed and prices / stock didn't suddenly change as they're servicing a Wharf which has built nothing for a while, so stock was steady.

Scoob.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 7. Jul 20, 07:24

The creation of orders to dock are handled by vanilla script. Until egosoft fixes their shit, nothing can really be done to fix it.

As to them occasionally not doing anything, I've never experienced anything remotely similar. The only way to figure out what is happening would be to enable script log files and set the debug variable to true. The downside is that it would cause severe performance issues trying to debug using that method.

Also, some bad news:

I'm done with x4 (again) and not sure if I'll return to modding this game. If anyone is interested in taking over maintenance of tater: you are free to use my changes and code, just make sure to credit the original author ludsoe

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 7. Jul 20, 12:47

Ah, I see, thanks for the information. My vanilla station-assigned ships do precisely NOTHING, they'll not buy, they'll not sell they just sit there. EVERYTHING they need is in the neighbouring system, supplied by my own station, but they seem incapable of trading. Most frustrating. Hence why I'm using TT and Mules just to handle the basics.

Thanks for the work you've put in during your time with X4, perhaps see you again in the future.

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 13. Jul 20, 21:24

Any idea why my Station Tater Traders, assigned to ONLY trade Food Rations and Medical Supplies, have suddenly decided to start selling Energy Cells from their station? EC's are NOT for sale.

Scoob.

redwards

Post by redwards » Tue, 23. Feb 21, 02:37

Does TaterTrader work in the 4.0 beta?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 23. Feb 21, 02:46

redwards wrote:
Tue, 23. Feb 21, 02:37
The github version is updated for the beta

redwards

Post by redwards » Tue, 23. Feb 21, 03:48

Thanks!

monish_05m
x3tc

Post by monish_05m » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 02:03

DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 23. Feb 21, 02:46
redwards wrote:
Tue, 23. Feb 21, 02:37
The github version is updated for the beta
how can i download your github version, there is nothing on the release page?

Leo and Friends

Post by Leo and Friends » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 08:41

Is it useful to buy a trade subscription to help tater trader, or is the mod already aware of the updated prices at stations, even though the player isn't?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 17:16

Leo and Friends wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 08:41
Is it useful to buy a trade subscription to help tater trader, or is the mod already aware of the updated prices at stations, even though the player isn't?
Taters only use known stations and offers. I typically use sector satellites but buying the trade subscription would work as well

chh2tx
x4

Post by chh2tx » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 20:31

Just noting, my Anecdotal observation is that the mimic orders fleet operations results in lower trade performance than when the traders work independently. Not sure why. They seem to take lesser trade offers than before. Granted this is purely feeling.

They definitely work and follow the fleet commander, the highest ranked, but it sure feels like a significant drop in trade profit. It's hard to truly measure other than seat of pants.

Baldamundo
x4

Post by Baldamundo » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 10:34

Does this mod work with the mimic order?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”