[WIP][Mod]TaterTrader v4- An Autotrade Alternative

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

Re: [WIP][Mod]TaterTrader v4- An Autotrade Alternative

Post by Scoob » Fri, 24. Apr 20, 04:12

DeadAirRT wrote:
Fri, 24. Apr 20, 04:02

Is that the only path to the destination? I'm not quite as familiar with vanilla stuff.

How do you have your blacklist's set up?
No, not the only path, sometimes not even a path it seems. It's really weird. I just removed all my Black lists and re-did them, in case something had gone screwy. Will see if that helps.

Scoob.

ShiBDiB
x4

Post by ShiBDiB » Sat, 25. Apr 20, 01:16

deadair do you have a github version of this somewhere? Was going to do a PR that adds a toggle avoiding supply ships as trade targets
-----
My Mods
Go Home Drone, Reaction Force, Disable Story, Pay The Builder, Landlord, Training Exercise
Github with the latest (Unstable) Versions
Nexus Page
Steam Workshop Page

Phiolin
x4

Post by Phiolin » Sat, 25. Apr 20, 08:29

GitHub is here: https://github.com/DeadAirRT/TaterTrader

It is quite well hidden somewhere in the thread. Maybe it would be better starting a new thread or including it with the other deadAir mods, as it doesn’t look like OP is returning.

Phiolin
x4

Post by Phiolin » Sun, 26. Apr 20, 11:08

When setting trader home to a station, I see it automatically assigns itself to that station, which is good for organization.
However, mine assigns itself into the "Defence" station fleet. Any reason why it does that? Wouldn't it make more sense to have it in the "Trader" fleet by default?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 26. Apr 20, 17:13

Phiolin wrote:
Sun, 26. Apr 20, 11:08
When setting trader home to a station, I see it automatically assigns itself to that station, which is good for organization.
However, mine assigns itself into the "Defence" station fleet. Any reason why it does that? Wouldn't it make more sense to have it in the "Trader" fleet by default?
It would make more sense. The problem is, i don't believe there is access to that code and part of the reason why i dislike assigning ships to stations. It is overly complicated for no benefit (other than ui stuff) imo.

elwetaidy

Post by elwetaidy » Sun, 26. Apr 20, 17:41

This mod is great when trading and makes profit .. but what is the logic when its trading with my own stations how does it think and also when marking the station trader?

I can see that a stations in range sells cheap but i cant supply my own station he leave me and go make normal trading ... And if i want it to buy and sell to my station it does not take the station price into mind he go buy higher even if there is a cheaper price a little far

Phiolin
x4

Post by Phiolin » Sun, 26. Apr 20, 17:48

I think to supply your own stations you'd be better looking at the mules and warehouses mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/416

TaterTrader is an AutoTrade alternative, and Autotraders were never really meant to be used to supply your own stations. While you can mess with the configuration options to try and make it do what you want, you should not expect that it'll magically just work, because it is not really what this mod is intended to be used for.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 26. Apr 20, 17:56

elwetaidy wrote:
Sun, 26. Apr 20, 17:41
This mod is great when trading and makes profit .. but what is the logic when its trading with my own stations how does it think and also when marking the station trader?

I can see that a stations in range sells cheap but i cant supply my own station he leave me and go make normal trading ... And if i want it to buy and sell to my station it does not take the station price into mind he go buy higher even if there is a cheaper price a little far
It depends on your settings but in general, it only cares about maximizing profit (highest result of price difference * number of units moved).

If you have check distance on, it factors distance into the trade.

If you have fast trade, it doesn't look at as many trades.

It's hard to definitely answer without the settings of trader, station, blacklists, and at least a trade overview of the station he traded at and the one you thought he should trade at.

chucktown079
x3ap

Post by chucktown079 » Mon, 27. Apr 20, 14:08

Is there any way to make sure your pilots use max gate distance? IIRC before split, I would set max gate distance and as they leveled, the value would go up on its own. For example, I started off with a max distance of 8 so I set it to 8 then they would level up and have a max distance of 12 but it would automatically set it to 12. Right now, I have to go through each pilot and manually change it from time to time. With 30 traders running around, its a bit tedious.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 27. Apr 20, 16:43

chucktown079 wrote:
Mon, 27. Apr 20, 14:08
Is there any way to make sure your pilots use max gate distance? IIRC before split, I would set max gate distance and as they leveled, the value would go up on its own. For example, I started off with a max distance of 8 so I set it to 8 then they would level up and have a max distance of 12 but it would automatically set it to 12. Right now, I have to go through each pilot and manually change it from time to time. With 30 traders running around, its a bit tedious.
There is a way but it has more draw-backs than positives imo. You could always use civilian fleets mod and only have to update the fleet leader (all the rest will be set to their highest level as long as it doesn't exceed fleet leader). That only solves the issue if you use multiple traders set up in the same areas though.

bbn
x4

Post by bbn » Mon, 27. Apr 20, 22:32

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 27. Apr 20, 16:43
(...) use multiple traders set up in the same areas though.
:?

That got me thinking... I treat TaterTraders as "Fire and forget" (only adjust range with Civilians Fleet sometimes exactly as you pointed up above). Is it better to set up TaterTraders to deal with specific wares or group of wares in a limited areas? Right now I have a fleet of around 30 TaterTraders which trade in everything and each of them bring from 40k to 200k Cr per run...

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 01:29

bbn wrote:
Mon, 27. Apr 20, 22:32
DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 27. Apr 20, 16:43
(...) use multiple traders set up in the same areas though.
:?

That got me thinking... I treat TaterTraders as "Fire and forget" (only adjust range with Civilians Fleet sometimes exactly as you pointed up above). Is it better to set up TaterTraders to deal with specific wares or group of wares in a limited areas? Right now I have a fleet of around 30 TaterTraders which trade in everything and each of them bring from 40k to 200k Cr per run...
You can get some extra efficiency out of them by having each one focused. That is what I always did until recently. TBH it's not really worth the hassle just to save usually minimal time on the finding trade portion.

bbn
x4

Post by bbn » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 02:05

DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 28. Apr 20, 01:29
You can get some extra efficiency out of them by having each one focused. That is what I always did until recently. TBH it's not really worth the hassle just to save usually minimal time on the finding trade portion.
Ah, cool. Thanks for the answer. So I'll leave them as they are :)

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 02:35

v1.04

Fixed huge question mark while ships are searching for trade, changed player visible items to t-file references, added t-files that need translating.

Phiolin
x4

Post by Phiolin » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 09:23

Submitted a pull request for the german translation.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 18:59

Phiolin wrote:
Tue, 28. Apr 20, 09:23
Submitted a pull request for the german translation.
Thank you!

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 19:48

TaterTrader now has french, german, and russian translations.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 29. Apr 20, 04:56

Spelling correction. The rest of the text must be checked directly in the game. I suppose that the translation of the text will be adjusted after the tests of the mod.

Also in some places simplified translation. Too long product names may not fit in the form field.

I propose to the author of the Russian translation to check this moment.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<language id="07">

<page id="3282837" title="DeadAir Tatertrader T Files" descr="names used in DeadAir Tatertrader mod" voice="no">
 <t id="100">Параметры</t>
 <t id="101">База торговца</t>
 <t id="102">Прописка</t>
 <t id="103">Проверить расстояние</t>
 <t id="104">Штраф за прыжок %</t>
 <t id="105">Владелец станции режим покупателя</t>
 <t id="106">Владелец станции режим продавца</t>
 <t id="107">Свободная торговля</t>
 <t id="108">Быстрая торговля</t>
 <t id="109">Торговая станция</t>
 <t id="110">Станция контрабандиста</t>
 <t id="111">Копировать пресеты</t>
 <t id="112">Все товары</t>
 <t id="113">Легальные</t>
 <t id="114">Нелегальные</t>
 <t id="115">Для строительства кораблей</t>
 <t id="116">Для строительства станции</t>
 <t id="117">Высокие Технологии</t>
 <t id="118">Переработанные ресурсы</t>
 <t id="119">Продукты питания</t>
 <t id="120">Исключенный сектор</t>
 <t id="121">Включенный сектор</t>
 <t id="122">Включить ограничение на торговлю</t>
 <t id="123">Скорость сканирования</t>
 <t id="200">Сообщения в журнале (полная строка в комментариях над записью)</t>
<!--'Selling '+$Gromount+' '+$GrofferBuy.ware+' from CargoHold at '+$GrofferBuy.unitprice/100+' I should earn '+$Gromount*$GrofferBuy.unitprice/100+' in profit.'-->
 <t id="201">Продажа %1 %2 от груза на %3. Я должен заработать %4 в прибыли.</t>
<!--'Queuing up Supply Run for '+$Gromount+' '+$GrofferSell.ware+' Buying at '+$itemcostsell+' to supply '+$GrofferBuy.buyer.knownname-->
 <t id="202">Очередь на поставку %1 %2. Покупать %4 по %3.</t>
<!--'Queuing up Station Ware Sale for '+$Gromount+' '+$GrofferSell.ware+' from '+$GrofferSell.seller.knownname+' to sell at '+$itemcostbuy+' I should earn '+$Gromount*$itemcostbuy+' in profit.'-->
 <t id="203">Очередь продажи товаров станции для %1 %2 из %3 для продажи по %4. Я должен заработать %5 прибыли.</t>
<!--'Queuing up Cargo Transport Run for '+$Gromount+' '+$GrofferSell.ware+' from '+$GrofferSell.seller.knownname+' to '+$GrofferBuy.buyer.knownname-->
 <t id="204">Очередь на грузовые перевозки для %1 %2 с %3 до %4.</t>
<!--'Queuing up Trade order for '+$Gromount+' '+$GrofferSell.ware+' Buying at '+$itemcostsell+' to sell at '+$itemcostbuy+' I should earn '+$Gromount*($itemcostbuy-$itemcostsell)+' in profit.'-->
 <t id="205">Очередь торгового ордера для %1 %2. Покупка по %3 для продажи по %4. Я должен заработать %5 прибыли.</t>
<!--'Station Trader: Supplying '+$Gromount+' '+$GrofferSell.ware+' from '+$GrofferSell.seller.knownname+' to '+$GrofferBuy.buyer.knownname-->
 <t id="207">Торговец станции: Поставка %1 %2 из %3 в %4.</t>
<!--'Station Trader: Selling '+$Gromount+' '+$GrofferSell.ware+' at the price of '+$itemcostbuy+' Expected Profit is '+$Gromount*$itemcostbuy-->
 <t id="208">Торговец станции: Продажа %1 %2 по цене %3. Ожидаемая прибыль %4.</t>
<!--'Station Trader: Buying '+$Gromount+' '+$GrofferSell.ware+' for '+$GrofferBuy.buyer.knownname+' at the price of '+$itemcostbuy+' Expected Cost is '+$Gromount*$itemcostbuy-->
 <t id="209">Торговец станции: Покупка %1 %2 для %3 по цене %4. Ожидаемая стоимость %5.</t>
<!--'Station Trader: Fetching '+$Gromount+' '+$GrofferSell.ware+' for '+$GrofferBuy.buyer.knownname+' from '+$GrofferSell.seller.knownname-->
 <t id="210">Торговец станции: Поиск %1 %2 для %3 из %4.</t>
</page>
</language>

Pichu0102
x4

Post by Pichu0102 » Thu, 30. Apr 20, 02:41

I think I somehow broke it.

MiFoludek
x3tc

Post by MiFoludek » Sat, 2. May 20, 22:34

Hi,

Is there a way to assing TaterTrader to very early build storage?
I can not set station as the homebase for ship
(Very early -> The station without tier and dock bay.)

BR

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”