Only available as a default behavior order not as a right click order (because I couldn't see how to do that).
To use, set the default behavior to "Deploy Satellites" and set the starting sector, whether or not to use the more expensive advanced satellite, whether or not to cover gates (includes both jump gates and highway gates [also inactive jump gates because they apparently count]), whether or not to restock, the amount of satellites to purchase when restocking (up to the maximum amount this ship can carry), and finally, the search range, in clusters (the big hexagons).
NOTE: Increasing the search range is not recommended unless your ship finds itself in a dead end system, setting it to max is strongly discouraged. The script will do just fine at the default value, you may bump it up by one or two if it gets stuck.
It will take a few minutes for your pilot to perform his calculations before placing sats, if he is just sitting in a system where stations need sats it is because he is busy crunching numbers.
This is not intended to be any kind of recreation of the awesome X3 satellite network mods, it is just a quick fix until something better comes along.
If you having trouble with the language file, make sure the mod is in your game folder/extensions NOT your documents folder.
- Fixed error spam in the search for new sector/collaboration code.
- Moved to a cat file to hopefully fix the language files.
- Ships will now restock at equipment docks instead of shipyards/wharfs as equipment docks don't have the perpetually short on resources issue.
- The order will no longer cancel itself if range is set to 0.
- v0.30 Major update
- Note: if you are updating from an older version, all deploy satellites orders will be canceled and have to be reissued. This is due to the new options.
- Added several more options to the config screen:
- Cover Gates: Will place sats to cover gates as well as stations. (Includes highway and inactive gates)
- Use Advanced Sats: If checked, the ship will only deploy Advanced Satellites, if unchecks it will only use Basic Satellites. This applies regardless of what is in the hold.
- Restock: If checked the ship will fly to the nearest shipyard/wharf and buy some satellites when it runs out.
- Stock Amount: How many satellites to purchase each time the ship goes to restock, up to the maximum amount ship ship can carry. Defaults to 10.
- Search Range: How far to search for stations/gates that need a satellite, in clusters (The big hexagons), Default value is 2. Decreasing this to 0 will make the ship stay in the same sector. Increasing it beyond 2 is not recommended unless your ship is stuck.
- Brand new placement algorithm. This new algorithm will try to optimize the placement of satellites to use the fewest satellites possible. However, this algorithm trades accuracy for efficiency; it does not find the best solution, only one that is 'good enough'. It depends largely on the initial guess values with are randomize. This means that each run it will tend to come up with a different solution, some of which may be better than others.
As should be obvious, this is much computationally intensive than just flying to a station as in previous version. Thus the calculation is spread out over a few minutes, during which your ship will sit there seemingly doing nothing. This is perfectly normal.
- Will no longer place sats on top of stations, to make it easier to click on the stations. If the above algorithm tell it to place a sat on a station, it will offset it 15km in the x and z direction.
- Collaboration: Ships will no longer compete to see who can race to a station the fastest. When a ship arrives in a target sector, it will check to see if someone else is already there deploying sats, if so it will move on.
- Editing a value in the config menu will now restart the script, explicitly.
- If a ship runs out of a satellites and the restock order is not checked, the ship will cancel the order, reverting to the default hold position order, then message you.
- Ships will no longer play highway merry-go-round.
- Moved download link to mediafire since people without adblockers had issue with previous host.
- Round 3 vs. the language file.
- Another attempt at fixing the language file issue.
- Added support for advanced satellites.
- Added (untranslated) language files for non-english languages.
- Attempted fix for flying through destination sector when many station already had sats nearby.
- Improved checks for multiple sat layers.
- Improved some interrupts, I think.
- v0.10 initial release