[WIP] [TC] X3 Galaxy

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

celludriel
x4

Re: [WIP] [TC] X3 Galaxy

Post by celludriel » Wed, 26. Dec 18, 20:24

cdeeks wrote:
Wed, 26. Dec 18, 19:50
celludriel wrote:
Wed, 26. Dec 18, 18:12
cdeeks wrote:
Wed, 26. Dec 18, 12:28
Thank you so much for this mod, keep up the great work. :D
Nameless573 wrote:
Wed, 26. Dec 18, 16:46
I trying this one. Thanks alot!
Your welcome, keep in mind I'm not sure how balanced it all is and if all the wars are behaving as they should. Hard to test all that stuff solo
Have been playing this all day and one thing I use is the increased travel speed mod and it feels normal using this mod as I get speeds up to 15000 ms in travel mode. I imagine in normal travel mode this would be tedious, I also noticed it is very difficult to locate certain factories as there just so spread apart so your miners have a hard time trying to sell wares.
Actually the galaxy itself already has a double travel speed build in to compensate for no highways. Your double speed mod is probably overriding the one in the galaxy. I can increase the amount of factories for a faction, however I have no control where the god engine will deploy them. Well I got a little control, like not in sectors without belt of type x, or not in sectors with economy rating < x. However other then that it's not my decision where they are placed.

You think I have to up the amount of refineries or limit more the location of the refineries, or should I increase the amount of miners so once they do reach their trade destination they bring in enough ?

cdeeks
x3tc

Post by cdeeks » Wed, 26. Dec 18, 20:32

celludriel wrote:
Wed, 26. Dec 18, 20:24
cdeeks wrote:
Wed, 26. Dec 18, 19:50
celludriel wrote:
Wed, 26. Dec 18, 18:12

Your welcome, keep in mind I'm not sure how balanced it all is and if all the wars are behaving as they should. Hard to test all that stuff solo
Have been playing this all day and one thing I use is the increased travel speed mod and it feels normal using this mod as I get speeds up to 15000 ms in travel mode. I imagine in normal travel mode this would be tedious, I also noticed it is very difficult to locate certain factories as there just so spread apart so your miners have a hard time trying to sell wares.
Actually the galaxy itself already has a double travel speed build in to compensate for no highways. Your double speed mod is probably overriding the one in the galaxy. I can increase the amount of factories for a faction, however I have no control where the god engine will deploy them. Well I got a little control, like not in sectors without belt of type x, or not in sectors with economy rating < x. However other then that it's not my decision where they are placed.

You think I have to up the amount of refineries or limit more the location of the refineries, or should I increase the amount of miners so once they do reach their trade destination they bring in enough ?
I definitely think more refiners and perhaps more asteroids to mine would boost the economy. I know ES are some issues with the economy anyway and that's something we just have to wait and see get patched. In regards to travel speed, I had no idea it was included in this but good idea :)

Also, I don't know if this related to your mod or the game in general, I used cheat mod to reveal and scan the whole map and only one single engine part factory was willing to sell engine parts. as a result, all wharfs and shipyards are stalling and the economy is dying. I know this was a problem in vanilla game but this was fixable with mods and tweaks.
https://imgur.com/a/O5Vn0VD

celludriel
x4

Post by celludriel » Wed, 26. Dec 18, 22:34

cdeeks wrote:
Wed, 26. Dec 18, 20:32

I definitely think more refiners and perhaps more asteroids to mine would boost the economy. I know ES are some issues with the economy anyway and that's something we just have to wait and see get patched. In regards to travel speed, I had no idea it was included in this but good idea :)

Also, I don't know if this related to your mod or the game in general, I used cheat mod to reveal and scan the whole map and only one single engine part factory was willing to sell engine parts. as a result, all wharfs and shipyards are stalling and the economy is dying. I know this was a problem in vanilla game but this was fixable with mods and tweaks.
https://imgur.com/a/O5Vn0VD
I can increase the amount of belts if there aren't enough, for the engine part factory I'll look into the god.xml and see the values. Now you are testing the full galaxy ... with the balance values for the little galaxy ... soooooooo yeah ... that's probably not balanced at all. My first priority was to balance the little x3Galaxy ... and if that was fun and playable ... move over to the big one. You are welcome to test the big one, but I can't warranty a fun experience.

TR0LL
x4

Post by TR0LL » Thu, 27. Dec 18, 06:18

Instead of just increasing the number of stations, factories, and refineries a faction has, can you control how many they want to maintain? if so bump that number. I don't think they should start at their cap and I think the factions should want to expand territory for resources constantly, this is the reason for wars afterall.

celludriel
x4

Post by celludriel » Thu, 27. Dec 18, 15:07

TR0LL wrote:
Thu, 27. Dec 18, 06:18
Instead of just increasing the number of stations, factories, and refineries a faction has, can you control how many they want to maintain? if so bump that number. I don't think they should start at their cap and I think the factions should want to expand territory for resources constantly, this is the reason for wars afterall.
Well I can control a few things but not to many

Code: Select all

<product id="arg_engineparts" ware="engineparts" owner="argon" type="factory">
          <quotas>
            <quota galaxy="2"   />
          </quotas>
          <location class="galaxy" macro="x3_galaxy_macro" faction="[argon,hatikvah]" relation="self" comparison="ge">
            <economy max="0.75" maxbound="false" />
          </location>
          <module>
            <select ware="engineparts" race="argon" faction="argon"/>
          </module>
        </product>
This entry can be read as the following:

We want a factory facility for the ware "engineparts" where the owner faction is argon. There is a quota of two in the entire galaxy (i'm not sure if this is max or min quota). The location is somewhere in the galaxy where the galaxy is the x3 galaxy. It can spawn in any space where the argon relation total is greater or equal to argon or hatikvah relationship total. It can only spawn in a cluster where the economy rating is max 0.75 and apparently it's not maxbound (I have no idea yet what this param does). The module that has to be present on the factory is an argon engineparts module belonging to the argon faction.

The god.xml products section is full with these entries for each faction god.xml

For now I have the following little update

- fixed the miner jobs
- added zone switch notifications to the fullGalaxy

cdeeks
x3tc

Post by cdeeks » Thu, 27. Dec 18, 15:24

celludriel wrote:
Thu, 27. Dec 18, 15:07
TR0LL wrote:
Thu, 27. Dec 18, 06:18
Well I can control a few things but not to many

Code: Select all

<product id="arg_engineparts" ware="engineparts" owner="argon" type="factory">
          <quotas>
            <quota galaxy="2"   />
          </quotas>
          <location class="galaxy" macro="x3_galaxy_macro" faction="[argon,hatikvah]" relation="self" comparison="ge">
            <economy max="0.75" maxbound="false" />
          </location>
          <module>
            <select ware="engineparts" race="argon" faction="argon"/>
          </module>
        </product>
This entry can be read as the following:

We want a factory facility for the ware "engineparts" where the owner faction is argon. There is a quota of two in the entire galaxy (i'm not sure if this is max or min quota). The location is somewhere in the galaxy where the galaxy is the x3 galaxy. It can spawn in any space where the argon relation total is greater or equal to argon or hatikvah relationship total. It can only spawn in a cluster where the economy rating is max 0.75 and apparently it's not maxbound (I have no idea yet what this param does). The module that has to be present on the factory is an argon engineparts module belonging to the argon faction.

The god.xml products section is full with these entries for each faction god.xml

For now I have the following little update

- fixed the miner jobs
- added zone switch notifications to the fullGalaxy
Thank you for hard work. i will continue to test this mod.

TR0LL
x4

Post by TR0LL » Thu, 27. Dec 18, 17:27

Sorry, I am not as knowledgeable with modding the X games, so im kinda shooting in the dark but I would presume that somewhere in the faction logic there has to be something that controls how much territory, and the amount of product that the faction wants to maintain, if this value is not increased, Id bet that they wont rebuild as they were effectively over the capacity they wanted.

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Sat, 29. Dec 18, 14:13

Hi there,

there is mention of a small and a large X3 galaxy. Where can I find the different galaxy sizes - downloads?

celludriel
x4

Post by celludriel » Sat, 29. Dec 18, 15:14

ApoxNM wrote:
Sat, 29. Dec 18, 14:13
Hi there,

there is mention of a small and a large X3 galaxy. Where can I find the different galaxy sizes - downloads?
in the zip file should be two mods

x3Galaxy and x3GalaxyFull you can only use one mod at a time ! Just copy one of those to your extensions folder

In other news. While we have a nice galaxy now, the current factionlogic of egosoft will not or barely work with it. Factions won't take over empty sectors. Not every faction will fight eachother and the list goes on. I'm currently working on a script that would bring a more 4X feel to the mix

Plan atm
========

- Write a manager that will let all factions expand in unowned sectors
- Expand the manager to let all factions invade neighboring owned sectors
- Expand more and refine

I will be doing all this work in the Experiment War galaxy and when deemed working there port it over to the X3 galaxy. This will be a tedious and long journey people so anyone willing to help out or give ideas is more then welcome

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Sat, 29. Dec 18, 16:09

celludriel wrote:
Sat, 29. Dec 18, 15:14

Plan atm
========

- Write a manager that will let all factions expand in unowned sectors
- Expand the manager to let all factions invade neighboring owned sectors
- Expand more and refine

I will be doing all this work in the Experiment War galaxy and when deemed working there port it over to the X3 galaxy. This will be a tedious and long journey people so anyone willing to help out or give ideas is more then welcome
Man, if you manage to get this done and polish it to a point it works, I will salute you! Really hope you can get it done. Good luck and thank you for your efforts!

BlackDracis
x4

Post by BlackDracis » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 22:58

You mention War Galaxy is that not up in running yet and that's why I don't see it? Yes I am known to be blind lol if it is posted somewhere. I have been enjoying your mod very much and was just curious how its coming along. My only suggestion for your future plans you mention is if factions can expand is to have more open sectors. maybe have all factions start with 3 to 5 sectors. I am no modder sadly so I don't know if that will work or is even possible

Dani_Gecko
x4

Post by Dani_Gecko » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 11:04

I've come to the scripting sub-forum just to look for a script for traders to be set to an infinite loop (any hints or links on that are appreciated!!).

But... OH MY GOD (god.xml that would be, I guess) what an amazing project! Unfortunately there is no help I can offer (as XML or JAVA are not my expertise, rather Fortran-90 or Matlab).
I can offer encouragement though! I do love your mock-up galaxy and adore the work going into it! X3 Mayhem map in X4? Sure!! Maybe even talk to Litcube or Joubarbe? *drifts away in thoughts* what fun did I have!

This makes a little dream come true. Modern graphics in an environment I learned to love! Please and thank you for this mod! I'll get on playing right away!

As a little input: I read about your struggle aligning the jumgates and connecting everything. Just as a personal preference: Aiming for the accelerators whilst coming in at 6400m/s is always is a hassle. Can you just have jumpgates (the real gates) or disable the collision box for the accelerator? Every second time I approach one of there I get stuck in the inside...

And... I understand, Egosoft already contacted you with an employment offer? :)

Cheers and keep it up! Looks awesome so far!

hendrikjena
x4

Post by hendrikjena » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 20:49

Great job thanks, but is missing the XL shipyard for Teladi Ministry? Thank you

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 25. Feb 19, 02:29

I wish I had seen all of this when I was learning how to add sectors into vanilla uni lol. After adding 7 clusters(sectors) with gates I know how much work you put into this, awesome job celludriel.

BlackDracis
x4

Post by BlackDracis » Mon, 29. Apr 19, 01:18

Guess he isn't working on this anymore :(

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Mon, 29. Apr 19, 02:10

BlackDracis wrote:
Mon, 29. Apr 19, 01:18
Guess he isn't working on this anymore :(
Give it some time. Even if these guys were to finish these maps, a few critical points has to be addressed:
-3 of the core races are missing at the moment (Boron, Split, Terran)
-The vanilla war scripts do not work with custom maps and aren't that configurable, so they have to be recreated from scratch
-The economy has to be fine-tuned to support such large-scale map

If these points aren't fixed, it doesn't make much sense to recreate the X3 galaxy.

vahull
x4

Post by vahull » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 08:35

I don't know if this is being worked on still, but i would love to see it updated to work with all the Split and Terran factions
-------------------------------------------
Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Starscorcher/
Gamer and MOD Developer
Starscorcher Gaming Discord https://discord.gg/S5ZXKr43bP

NitramAkloh
x4

Post by NitramAkloh » Thu, 25. May 23, 18:20

Me too, now with Kingdom End DLC. I wish to know how to work further myself. :(

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Thu, 25. May 23, 19:04

u guys can assume the right answer for yourself if u check the time stamp of his last posting ..

NitramAkloh
x4

Post by NitramAkloh » Fri, 26. May 23, 18:33

I know. But the project is on Github and open source. Maybe someone has the ambition to continue it. I would like to, but I lack the knowledge. Basically the Split, Terrans and Boron are still missing. So define their start. And change the background of the sectors. Replace the accelerators with jumpgates. My biggest problem is understanding the XML structure. The wiki is still too abstract and incomplete for me, because it does not describe the above mentioned deficiencies:
  1. * How can I replace accelerators with jumpgates?
    * Is there a way to apply the sector backgrounds from x3 in x4?
    * How can I set the starting point for a fraction?
    * Bonus: How can I set the played music for a given sector?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”