[TOOL] X4 Customizer 1.23

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

alexu4326
x2

Re: [TOOL] X4 Customizer 1.15.2

Post by alexu4326 » Fri, 1. May 20, 19:21

Writing output files
Skipped Write_To_Extension due to KeyError: "'virtual_path'".

trying to edit ships

so click edit ship
edit ships i want
click run script bang that error

what i do wrong ? ( expecting anithing because i am a moonkey and a noob same time )

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Fri, 1. May 20, 20:05

Try clearing the "path_to_source_folder"; that shouldn't be needed in your case, and your error report helped me notice a bug in it anyway (will push a fix later today). Normally, the tool grabs everything it needs from the cat/dat files and other extensions.

alexu4326
x2

Post by alexu4326 » Fri, 1. May 20, 20:29

glad to help

so i edited some ships stats

done #Apply_Live_Editor_Patches()

but it not look like i do a mod ...

what is the next step to finish what i edited

sorry for me dumb head but is my first mod that i am working

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Fri, 1. May 20, 20:36

I just uploaded 1.18.1 with a fix for the prior issue, and another one I noticed that showed up in 1.18 (which can cause diff generation to fail).

Just to clarify, the "#" character in python starts a comment line. So "#Apply_Live_Editor_Patches()" would be skipped, but "Apply_Live_Editor_Patches()" should generate the mod files based on your custom edits.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 19. May 20, 20:08

Hi SirNukes, thanks a lot for this great tool, I am using the diff creator since editing a lot of entries in the material_library for this mod viewtopic.php?f=181&t=427042&p=4955974
It really solved my headache in the diff creation. Problem is, if I use a material_library containing only the entries I want to modify, then the patch that is created also deletes all the entries from the original matarial_library that I left untouched. Is there a command to add to avoid the originals being deleted if not edited by the mod?
Here the commands I used:

Code: Select all

# X4 Customizer input script.
from Plugins import *

# Example assumes xml files are in a "work" folder.
source_folder = r'E:\DATA_02\GAMES\X4 Foundations\EXTENSIONS\STARS\libraries'

# Single file example.
Generate_Diff(
    original_file_path = source_folder + r'/material_library_VANILLA.xml',
    modified_file_path = source_folder + r'/material_library_MYMOD.xml',
    output_file_path   = source_folder + r'/patch.xml',
    )
The resulting patch is ok but it deletes the parts I simply did not touch and did not put in mymod.xml, resulting as:

<remove sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='p1']/material[@name='icecocoon2']"/>
  <remove sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='p1']/material[@name='pa_face_01_01b']"/>
  etc.
  etc

then comes the <replace> which is ok, works well. Only I have to delete all the <remove>, I am sure there must be a cleaner way to create the diff patch without this.
Thanks! :mrgreen:

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Tue, 19. May 20, 20:31

The patch generator will makes patches that recreate the modified file from the original, so that part works correctly from the sound of things. Removed elements should see <remove> patches.

If you only want diff patches to go from selected original materials to modified materials, then those should be the only materials fed into the diff generator. It should be safe(ish) if you trim the original material file to only the entries in the modified file. (The general danger of this approach is if xpaths need to use element order instead of attributes to identify an entry, but for materials they all have unique identifiers, so that shouldn't come up.)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 19. May 20, 21:04

yes it does create a <remove> strings for every material, not a big issue to delete them thereafter, and now that you say it makes sense indeed that the base library can be already emptied from the not used materials, I should have thought about. :roll: it is a patch so no need of all the listed materials, only those that are changed :headbang:

TheMandalorian
x4

Post by TheMandalorian » Mon, 25. May 20, 11:47

Thank you for this great tool.
I am currently looking for a way to use it to navigate the galaxy, clusters, sectors, zones in a treeview.
Is that possible?
I am a little familiar with python so maybe I can contribute also.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Mon, 25. May 20, 19:55

Sounds like you want a new gui tab with info display? It would take some effort. There's logic in there for parsing the galaxy structure, used in the resizing logic, but more steps are needed to translate that to a gui view (maybe with plotting of sector layouts?). Making it editable would be more effort on top of that.

TheMandalorian
x4

Post by TheMandalorian » Thu, 28. May 20, 10:07

SirNukes wrote:
Mon, 25. May 20, 19:55
Sounds like you want a new gui tab with info display? It would take some effort. There's logic in there for parsing the galaxy structure, used in the resizing logic, but more steps are needed to translate that to a gui view (maybe with plotting of sector layouts?). Making it editable would be more effort on top of that.
Yes, you‘re right. A new tab would be great and plotting of sector layouts would be even greater :) !

Currently using X4GalaxyCreator which is based on galaxy definitions in Json.
Your tool parses the game files in galaxy-resizing scripts.
Would it be beneficial to include the intermediate json format in your tool (Code reuse etc.)?
All in all the data on galaxies is quite heavily spread over multiple files.
Therefore I wonder what the best way would be to add galaxy-visualization/generation to your tool...

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Sun, 21. Jun 20, 17:51

is there a way to blacklist some extensions from loading? I have three of them that break the editor, so now I have to move them out of extensions folder, use the editor, move them back. And GUI have to be restarted. Woild be much simpler if I could just blacklist them by id
Signature yes signature a GIGANTIC SIGNATURE!!

SirNukes
x4

Re: [TOOL] X4 Customizer 1.23

Post by SirNukes » Tue, 23. Jun 20, 01:10

Version 1.23 is up, with extension whitelist and blacklist support (using folder name).

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Tue, 23. Jun 20, 12:51

yay, awesome!
Signature yes signature a GIGANTIC SIGNATURE!!

BaronVerde
x4

Post by BaronVerde » Sun, 20. Dec 20, 10:22

This is a beautiful tool, thank you for sharing !

And it runs on Linux from sources :-)

There is a thing I am trying to understand. It does not, on my GOG Installation 3.30 Hotfix 2 read the stats of bullets, components, engines, shields and weapons. It reads wares and ships, though and did find the Split extension.

The symptoms are:

Starting thread: Get_Tree_View(shields, rebuild = True)
Empty branch found in tree
Get_Table_Group failed.
I suspect (but as a noob to this game am totally unsure) that the directory structure is different and the macros don't reside at the expected places. I realized when following this tuorial viewtopic.php?t=181&t=406229 that some macros were not in the places described, I found them elsewhere (e.g. macros described to be in folder 'fx' were in 'weaponFX').

I have no idea of Python (am more of a C/C++ tinkerer, but I am ready to take a tour). My question is: may there be a problem with building the tree and if so how can I correct it ? Any hardwired paths or expectations ? Or have I simply messed something up ? Will give any info necessary.

/l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Tue, 22. Dec 20, 03:28

BaronVerde wrote:
Sun, 20. Dec 20, 10:22
I suspect (but as a noob to this game am totally unsure) that the directory structure is different and the macros don't reside at the expected places. I realized when following this tuorial viewtopic.php?t=181&t=406229 that some macros were not in the places described, I found them elsewhere (e.g. macros described to be in folder 'fx' were in 'weaponFX').
Well, if linux does have different pathing than Windows, that could be an issue. To avoid long startup time from parsing all the xml files, my tool uses some assumed partial paths to find things like shields. However, the issue could be the linux case sensitivity.

While I did put some effort into OS portability, I never actually tested on linux. Taking a glance around, I see a couple places where I didn't force lower case pathing. Git is now updated to 1.24.1 with some changes that might help, if you would like to try it out.

BaronVerde
x4

Post by BaronVerde » Tue, 22. Dec 20, 13:23

Yes, that seems to have helped. Thank you.

Edit: Awesome, it works and builds the correct tree and the transforms I did are understood by the game. And it showd me the errors I made with my own tinkering with the XML syntax. Definitely a recommendation for Linuxers !

/l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

ADMNtek
x4

Post by ADMNtek » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 20:18

could someone maybe make a video in how to set this up because i cant get this thing to work. i know how to mess with XML files and all i want is to create a diff file patch.

Usgiyi
x3ap

Post by Usgiyi » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 23:16

There seems to be a problem editing things with VRO loaded. After testing it seems to be anything that is diff patched by VRO (engines, shields, weapons, etc); anything that isn't diff patched doesn't cause an error.
Only have VRO + the Split & Terran dlc extensions loaded. I'm using GUI based editing.
If you edit anything that has a diff patch and try to write the edits to an extension you just get an error:

Successfully completed Apply_Live_Editor_Patches
Cleaning up old files
Writing output files (diff encoded)
Skipped Write_To_Extension due to AssertionError: "".
Script run completed
Here's the live editor log:

{
  "patches": {
    "boost_thrust,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_allround_01_mk1_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_allround_01_mk1_macro\"][1]/properties/boost,thrust": "8",
    "travel_attack,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_allround_01_mk1_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_allround_01_mk1_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,attack": "4",
    "travel_release,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_allround_01_mk1_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_allround_01_mk1_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,release": "2",
    "boost_thrust,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_allround_01_mk2_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_allround_01_mk2_macro\"][1]/properties/boost,thrust": "8",
    "travel_attack,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_allround_01_mk2_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_allround_01_mk2_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,attack": "4",
    "travel_release,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_allround_01_mk2_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_allround_01_mk2_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,release": "2",
    "boost_thrust,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_allround_01_mk3_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_allround_01_mk3_macro\"][1]/properties/boost,thrust": "8",
    "travel_attack,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_allround_01_mk3_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_allround_01_mk3_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,attack": "4",
    "travel_release,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_allround_01_mk3_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_allround_01_mk3_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,release": "2",
    "boost_thrust,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk1_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk1_macro\"][1]/properties/boost,thrust": "10",
    "travel_attack,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk1_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk1_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,attack": "2",
    "travel_charge,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk1_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk1_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,charge": "0.5",
    "travel_release,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk1_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk1_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,release": "1",
    "boost_thrust,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk2_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk2_macro\"][1]/properties/boost,thrust": "10",
    "travel_attack,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk2_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk2_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,attack": "2",
    "travel_charge,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk2_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk2_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,charge": "0.5",
    "travel_release,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk2_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk2_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,release": "1",
    "boost_thrust,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk3_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk3_macro\"][1]/properties/boost,thrust": "10",
    "travel_attack,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk3_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk3_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,attack": "2",
    "travel_charge,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk3_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk3_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,charge": "0.5",
    "travel_release,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk3_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_combat_01_mk3_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,release": "1",
    "travel_attack,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_travel_01_mk1_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_travel_01_mk1_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,attack": "6",
    "travel_release,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_travel_01_mk1_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_travel_01_mk1_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,release": "3",
    "travel_attack,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_travel_01_mk2_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_travel_01_mk2_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,attack": "6",
    "travel_release,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_travel_01_mk2_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_travel_01_mk2_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,release": "3",
    "travel_attack,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_travel_01_mk3_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_travel_01_mk3_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,attack": "6",
    "travel_release,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_m_travel_01_mk3_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_m_travel_01_mk3_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,release": "3",
    "boost_thrust,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_allround_01_mk1_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_allround_01_mk1_macro\"][1]/properties/boost,thrust": "8",
    "travel_attack,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_allround_01_mk1_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_allround_01_mk1_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,attack": "4",
    "travel_release,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_allround_01_mk1_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_allround_01_mk1_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,release": "2",
    "boost_thrust,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_allround_01_mk2_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_allround_01_mk2_macro\"][1]/properties/boost,thrust": "8",
    "travel_attack,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_allround_01_mk2_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_allround_01_mk2_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,attack": "4",
    "travel_release,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_allround_01_mk2_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_allround_01_mk2_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,release": "2",
    "boost_thrust,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_allround_01_mk3_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_allround_01_mk3_macro\"][1]/properties/boost,thrust": "8",
    "travel_attack,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_allround_01_mk3_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_allround_01_mk3_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,attack": "4",
    "travel_release,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_allround_01_mk3_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_allround_01_mk3_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,release": "2",
    "boost_thrust,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk1_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk1_macro\"][1]/properties/boost,thrust": "10",
    "travel_attack,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk1_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk1_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,attack": "2",
    "travel_charge,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk1_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk1_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,charge": "0.5",
    "travel_release,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk1_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk1_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,release": "1",
    "boost_thrust,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk2_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk2_macro\"][1]/properties/boost,thrust": "10",
    "travel_attack,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk2_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk2_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,attack": "2",
    "travel_charge,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk2_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk2_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,charge": "0.5",
    "travel_release,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk2_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk2_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,release": "1",
    "boost_thrust,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk3_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk3_macro\"][1]/properties/boost,thrust": "10",
    "travel_attack,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk3_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk3_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,attack": "2",
    "travel_charge,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk3_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk3_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,charge": "0.5",
    "travel_release,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk3_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_combat_01_mk3_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,release": "1",
    "boost_thrust,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk1_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk1_macro\"][1]/properties/boost,thrust": "6",
    "travel_attack,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk1_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk1_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,attack": "6",
    "travel_charge,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk1_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk1_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,charge": "1.5",
    "travel_release,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk1_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk1_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,release": "3",
    "boost_thrust,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk2_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk2_macro\"][1]/properties/boost,thrust": "6",
    "travel_attack,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk2_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk2_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,attack": "6",
    "travel_charge,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk2_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk2_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,charge": "1.5",
    "travel_release,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk2_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk2_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,release": "3",
    "boost_thrust,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk3_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk3_macro\"][1]/properties/boost,thrust": "6",
    "travel_attack,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk3_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk3_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,attack": "6",
    "travel_charge,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk3_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk3_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,charge": "1.5",
    "travel_release,extensions/ego_dlc_terran/assets/props/engines/macros/engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk3_macro.xml,./macro[@name=\"engine_ter_s_travel_01_mk3_macro\"][1]/properties/travel,release": "3"
  }
}

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 04:13

1.24.5 is up with a fix. Thanks for the notice; this was a small but significant bug when dealing with other extension diffs.

Usgiyi
x3ap

Post by Usgiyi » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 06:54

Thanks for the quick fix. Works great now.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”