QOL Mods Compilation [Bug Report]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Charly1987
x4

QOL Mods Compilation [Bug Report]

Post by Charly1987 » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 16:44

[WARNING: This Compilation needs to be tested and may cause unknown Bugs,thats what this Thread is for,please report any Bug you may get by this Compilation below this Thread.]

Hello, I would like to start this Thread of a compilation of the best Quality of Life mods to make X4 more enjoyable. Also use this Thread to report any bugs you may occur by using this Mod Compilation or add new ideas which you think should be on the list too.

Mods List:

1. Sectorsatellites by iforgotmysocks
Mod Info in the Spoiler
Spoiler
Show
This mod improves both types of the satellites.

Normal satellites:
- add instant price updates for all discovered stations in a sector

Advanced satellites:
- uncover all stations in a sector by spawning "Advanced Satellite Detection Probes" that reveal the fog of war around stations and are being removed afterwards. they are not visible on the map, just briefly in player assets
- add instant price updates for all stations in a sector

Both types will check for new discovered/build stations in their sector every 10 minutes and hook them up aswell.

Current suggestions/todos for improvement:
- allow advanced satellites to provide a larger amount of missions for the current sector

The old approach to this mod was to just increase the range of satellites, but that didn't always work correctly. There's no harm in using both, that's why i left the "Advanced Satellite Range" mod available in the optional files section. All it does is tripple the vanilla range for both satellite types.

2.LEARNING ALL THE THINGS by iforgotmysocks
Mod Info in the Spoiler
Spoiler
Show
This Mod highers the chance for level up on Skills for your Pilots.
Npcs seem to level a bit slow for my liking so i gave them a little insentive to learn some more.
Every playercontrolled npc has a chance to improve his skills by 1 point every 20 minutes.
1 star equals 3 points, so the max points required for 5 stars are 15.

You can adjust the chance and the amount of points added in the modfile yourself at learningallthethings/md/learningallthethings.xml
Standard is a 30% chance for 1 point (not star) every 20 minutes.

Handicap: Right now this does not apply to ships which are docked, once they undock they'll receive experience again. Once i can find the time i'll see that i can add docked ships aswell, if possible.
3.Increased Bail Chance by Vapemom69
Mod Info in the Spoiler
Spoiler
Show
This Mod Adds a flat 30% chance for pilots to bail when shields are below 20% and hull integrity is below 75%. The default bail rate is intended to be between 25-45%, modified by pilot morale and hull/shield damage, but in practice it seems extremely rare. Developer comments suggest they intended pilot morale to decrease as their situation grew more dire, but this wasn't implemented. Combined with the general infrequency of combat in X4, the salvage/pirate playstyle wasn't very viable. I wanted to make a simple mod to help with that.
You can change the percentage to whatever you like in Notifications.xml. Pilots will have a chance to bail when their shields are below 20% and hull is below 75%. It only applies to ships the player is attacking; ships attacked by player-owned AI always have 1/4th the chance (7.5%). Xenon and Kha'ak will never abandon ship.
4.Increased Long Range Scanner by Loktide
Mod Info in the Spoiler
Spoiler
Show
Increases the scan range and speed of the long range scanner mode. Default is 10x Max Range, 200km->2000km; speed is 20x (so the scan takes half as long as it used to). Can be edited to change detection radius. Optional file removes the need to ping hunt for lockboxes, any lockboxes detected are added to map as an unknown object. Lockboxes spawn in, so you will only see them within 200km of your position.

Note: The game can provide false positive pings on the long range scanner, not sure if bug or feature, the increased scanner range will also increase the frequency of these false positives.
5.Early SETA by Loktide
Mod Info in the Spoiler
Spoiler
Show
Changes the crafting requirements for the SETA device to a single interface chip so it can be built immediately.
You can buy chips from the trader on stations.
6.Player Tradeship Buy Notifications by Azalrion
Mod Info in the Spoiler
Spoiler
Show
Shows notifications in the logbook for whenever a player trade ship buys wares
Install Guide: Put this downloaded folders in the extensions folder in your root directory in X4. If you dont have this folder,just create it.
Exampel: Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\extensions
GOG Users may try Documents/Egosoft/X4/NumberFolder/extensions

Uninstall Guide: Simply delete the Mod you dont want anymore in the extensions folder. No savegame issues known yet by this mods.
Last edited by Charly1987 on Thu, 6. Dec 18, 23:51, edited 5 times in total.

Charly1987
x4

Re: QOL Mods Compilation [Bug Report]

Post by Charly1987 » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 20:55

Complete. Please add any Mod you think that should be on the list too for QOL gaming and I will update the list :)

Rael
x4

Post by Rael » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 23:28

Player Tradeship Buy Notifications by Azalrion

Shows notifications in the logbook for whenever a player trade ship buys wares

xtra
x4

Post by xtra » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 23:31

i have 1,2,4,5 installed, it works good.
ALLE X Spiele und alle Bücher!

XTC0R
x4

Post by XTC0R » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 23:34

I have all of them installed and played on 1.21 Beta 6h today. No issues related to the mods so far.

Charly1987
x4

Post by Charly1987 » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 23:24

I just got a bug which is non stopping shaking screen and i get portet out of the map. I noticed this was just before the hotfix appeared for 1.21 . So cannot say if its from the update or from one of the mods or both. My Pilot can still fly the ship but as soon i try to controll it ,my screen shakes ,turns black and im getting portet out of the sector.

It just suddenly appeared when i was in the space switching back from desktop in SINZA mode to the game while Autopilot on.

Anyone else got this bug?

Update: This Bug appeared in Sector True Sight, driving out of this sector by Pilot ,removing my Gamepad from PC and deactivating Joystick/Gamepad in settings did fix this. But might also just be something with the True Sight sector which is bigger then the others.
Update2: yes its something with the sector True Sight, after i returned to it ,the bug returned too

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”