How To: Export Models, Re-Import. (Blender)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Darkfire1
x4

Re: How To: Export Models, Re-Import. (Blender)

Post by Darkfire1 » Mon, 18. Mar 19, 16:32

I am visual step by step learner lol... But if I had the bandwidth I would try to do it my upload is less than 1meg.

I was able to get both rebirth and x4 unpacked. Got the titurel in blender added a gun and engine, shield, for testing purposes. Part of what I couldnt find was what was the minimum needed parts wise to have the ship work in game, do you have to make a bridge for it to work?

Exported and tried to use the converter and got the texture errors, which I assume I hadnt told it UV only.

I think a reaver mod would be interesting to give the game some life, hence my Titurel being the first ship!
X3 TC Ship Index
Community Ship Pack Mod
X2 The Threat - X3 R - X Terran Conflict

Darkfire1
x4

Post by Darkfire1 » Mon, 18. Mar 19, 16:36

BrummBear02 wrote:
Mon, 18. Mar 19, 02:22
depending on the model this would take several hours or, if S or M sized, days for a sloppy port. read up my tutorial on creating your own ship for dummies. it covers most of the porting process for L and XL ships.
Also why isn't your guide in the list stickied by the mods? Having trouble searching to find it
X3 TC Ship Index
Community Ship Pack Mod
X2 The Threat - X3 R - X Terran Conflict

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Mon, 18. Mar 19, 21:28

i dont know.

this is my unfinished tutorial
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=414274

here you can also find some answers
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=414599
Gebt mir einen Spiegel dann schlage ich ihn mit seinem eigenen Gesicht

Ateiri

Post by Ateiri » Fri, 27. Sep 19, 18:41

Any idea why it could not worked?
There are no logs about errors, absolutely nothing.

Code: Select all

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations>XRConvertersmain.exe importxmf "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\extensions\ashipmod\dev\assets\units\size_xl\units_sco_xl_capital_destroyer_2.xml"

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Fri, 27. Sep 19, 21:24

Ateiri wrote:
Fri, 27. Sep 19, 18:41
Any idea why it could not worked?
There are no logs about errors, absolutely nothing.

Code: Select all

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations>XRConvertersmain.exe importxmf "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\extensions\ashipmod\dev\assets\units\size_xl\units_sco_xl_capital_destroyer_2.xml"
go and read my tutorial i linked in the post right above yours.
Gebt mir einen Spiegel dann schlage ich ihn mit seinem eigenen Gesicht

darknightghost
x4

Post by darknightghost » Sun, 22. Dec 19, 05:05

Is there any documents or source code about how to parse .xmf files in you own code?

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 26. Jan 20, 23:48

Has anyone got import/export of models working in blender 2.8?
I used 2.7 for changing some vertex colours, but i'm trying to make and kitbash ships and I just cant stand 2.7 for that.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 27. Jan 20, 17:25

Axeface wrote:
Sun, 26. Jan 20, 23:48
I used 2.7 for changing some vertex colours, but i'm trying to make and kitbash ships and I just cant stand 2.7 for that.
2.81 works. But not always. Sometimes after you exported some models and try to convert them, it says something like "texture coordinates missing" or so. But when you export the same file in 2.7 it works without a problem. So you have to try it out.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Mon, 27. Jan 20, 20:39

Max Bain wrote:
Mon, 27. Jan 20, 17:25
Axeface wrote:
2.81 works. But not always. Sometimes after you exported some models and try to convert them, it says something like "texture coordinates missing" or so. But when you export the same file in 2.7 it works without a problem. So you have to try it out.
Thanks, yeh I can import and export collada, but the converter doesnt work like you said. I tried saving in 2.8 and opening in 2.7 but the 2.8 blend files are not backwards compatible.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 27. Jan 20, 20:56

Axeface wrote:
Mon, 27. Jan 20, 20:39
Max Bain wrote:
Axeface wrote:
Thanks, yeh I can import and export collada, but the converter doesnt work like you said. I tried saving in 2.8 and opening in 2.7 but the 2.8 blend files are not backwards compatible.
Export it as .dae file in 2.81 and import that in 2.7. Works fine.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Mon, 27. Jan 20, 21:00

Max Bain wrote:
Mon, 27. Jan 20, 20:56
Axeface wrote:
Mon, 27. Jan 20, 20:39
Max Bain wrote:

Export it as .dae file in 2.81 and import that in 2.7. Works fine.
Ha! I hadnt thought of that, lol. So export to dae in 2,8, import in 2.7 and export again as dae? Thanks a lot.

Shamon

Post by Shamon » Wed, 27. May 20, 17:18

XRConverters-v0.2.1 not works patch 3.20

Osbot
x4

Post by Osbot » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 04:43

Quick question. Can I just export the ship xmls I want, to import into blender? Or do I need to unpack the entire game before I can convert them.

I've tried just the ship XMLs and when I run the command from the cmd, it crashes. Wondering if it's something obvious like not unpacking the entire game.

aurumgallente
x4

Post by aurumgallente » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 13:26

I posted a topic about missing coordinates of texture. "Export it as .dae file in 2.81 and import that in 2.7. Works fine" does not work fine if .dae has missing coordinates. To solve it you need to open .dae file with text editor and fix a problem yourself. To find a row where problem is you need to import it to Blender, toggle console and look what row has a problem. There could be more than 1 bugged row so try to import until your Blender 2.8 will import .dae file without errors.

kleiner-elf
x4

Post by kleiner-elf » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 23:48

Hi,

is there a new link to the converter? the link to dropbox seems not to work.

Axel6430
x4

Post by Axel6430 » Wed, 14. Apr 21, 19:58

kleiner-elf wrote:
Wed, 17. Mar 21, 23:48
Hi,

is there a new link to the converter? the link to dropbox seems not to work.
Hey, hope I'm not too late!

Here's a mirror:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ik5sgzg0y7bqk ... s.rar?dl=0

Axel6430
x4

Post by Axel6430 » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 11:52

I also have a question of my own: Does anyone still have the source code for this converter? The link to it appears to be down as well.

I'm interested in how the .xac converter works in particular. If you also have the .xac documentation lying around, that would also be a huge plus!

errorname1002
x4

Post by errorname1002 » Mon, 17. May 21, 17:19

Seems like any model that was updated in 4.0 can no longer be converted, can any one confirm that ? I tried converting some split ships after the update and none of them resulted in a doe files. Also COH ships are not being converted. I also tried to use the blender addon, which resulted in this message https://prnt.sc/131hqct for the effected files (only the updated files are not being converted).

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Tue, 18. May 21, 06:31

I also some time ago tried to convert with ".xmf/.xac <-> .dae converter" Split ships from Split Vendetta DLC, but they not converted, there was error or simply nothing converting, or something like that.

Blackshadow01
x4

Post by Blackshadow01 » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 01:02

i have a lots of trouble trying to convert the files in to DAE for day's... So, i was wondering if someone make an add-on for blender to directly convert and import them?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”