[Mod] Paintmods for Sale

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Glimpse
x4

[Mod] Paintmods for Sale

Post by Glimpse » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 01:22

Hello. It seems paint mods beyond what you are given by the collectors edition are rather locked away from the player. This mod aims to change it by making them available from station traders. Some paint mods are named like Paintmod 0020. Also I had to adjust their pricing as they were a credit each and that wouldn't be fun at all. All paint mods are set to spawn always and have around 100 to 150 items available to purchase. Keep in mind that they do get destroyed when you apply them.

Without further ado, here is the mod. Also mod page contains screenshots of all the available paint jobs. Please use caution and backup your save files beforehand. I am not responsible for lost profitsss or anything else. If it isn't working, do report, I'll check and hopefully fix it.

alexalsp
x4

Re: [Mod] Paintmods for Sale

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 19:09

Demonstrate where and how to buy these skins. The merchants do not have them, they are not in the menu.

If you know where and how, it does not mean that others will be able to find your skins.

A detailed description would help a lot and save you from all questions.

Thank you.

Glimpse
x4

Post by Glimpse » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 00:12

I just assumed everyone would know how to install a mod. I updated the mod download page with the instructions on how to install any mod. You need to place it in correct directory for changes to take effect.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 00:30

Glimpse wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 00:12
I just assumed everyone would know how to install a mod. I updated the mod download page with the instructions on how to install any mod. You need to place it in correct directory for changes to take effect.
It's clear. The fact is that traders have no skins for sale.

therefore, I asked for screenshots of which merchants and where they stand.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 00:31

alexalsp wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 00:30
Glimpse wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 00:12
It's clear. The fact is that traders have no skins for sale.

therefore, I asked for screenshots of which traders and where they stand.

Alewx
x4

Post by Alewx » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:10

I hope this will get later added to the workshop?
I7 2400k 3,4GHz
GTX 980 SLI
16GB Kingston HyperX
Win7 64bit

Aber leider alles immer noch auf uralter SATA HDD Festplatte :(

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:57

Works for me, you'll only find the vendor at equipment docks. It's not the ship equipment vendor though it's the other vendor, the one that trades things in the players inventory.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 22:21

Only issue I can see here is that if you have the Foundation X paint job x50 that you start with if you've registered the game.... You have 37.5mil sitting in your inventory that you can sell straight up basically XD Maybe make the Foundation X paint job worth 1 credit or something, otherwise it's potentially early game breaking
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 04:54

argon_emperor wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 22:21
Only issue I can see here is that if you have the Foundation X paint job x50 that you start with if you've registered the game.... You have 37.5mil sitting in your inventory that you can sell straight up basically XD Maybe make the Foundation X paint job worth 1 credit or something, otherwise it's potentially early game breaking
Yeah I noticed that... also don't forget those of us who got the collectors edition. I believe that also came with some paint as well. I saw the paint job with with the Foundation X x50 right off and I have thus far resisted the temptation to sell to gain a boatload of credits early. I actually want to earn it through missions and other tasks than be handed it to me on a silver platter.

slater1376
x4

Post by slater1376 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 05:58

I sold the Foundation x paint jobs in small batches to afford to buy the paint jobs in this mod. I felt one sacrifice to gain another wasn't too "cheaty".

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 07:32

Requiemfang wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 04:54
argon_emperor wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 22:21
Yeah I noticed that... also don't forget those of us who got the collectors edition. I believe that also came with some paint as well. I saw the paint job with with the Foundation X x50 right off and I have thus far resisted the temptation to sell to gain a boatload of credits early. I actually want to earn it through missions and other tasks than be handed it to me on a silver platter.
I just changed the value in the file to be 1 credit for that one... Also means I can buy as much as I want basically to use on ALL the ships XD (FYI, in the wares file in the mod it doesn't give the names, just paint mod XX, so for the Foundation X one it's paint mod 19 if you wanted to change it yourself :P )
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”