[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

user1679

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 6.7

Post by user1679 » Mon, 24. May 21, 06:04

What would the recommended setup options (ships and fleets) be for a galaxy that is slightly more dangerous than vanilla but not tank the CPU?

I noticed some of the options are simply "on" / "off" and others have a range "light", "medium", "heavy". If I set them all to "light"
but leave the others set to "off" would that provide a more dangerous game with lighter cpu load?

I tried turning everything on and while I didn't play long enough to notice a CPU bottleneck, I did see, within my first 3 hours of gameplay,
a ton of what appeared to be carriers (mostly Argon and Xenon) fighting and thier little drones buzzing around. Sometimes there were
a few in the same sector making my fps bounce around wildly between 70 and 12.

I currently have FOCW, FOCW Corporations, Faction Fix Pack, VRO and Ossian Raider...

Also, to clarify settings:

activateXenfighter
activateallfactionsfight

Does this mean that Xenon fighters are modified by both or are they separate? Also:

activateallfactionscap

This parameter says it spawns additional capital ships but several factions have parameters below for capital ships (activatehatcap) while others don't (eg: Argon).
Does this mean if I turn on activateallfactionscap as well as activatehatcap that Hatikvah will have an advantage with more capital ships than other factions?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 24. May 21, 18:08

user1679 wrote:
Mon, 24. May 21, 06:04
What would the recommended setup options (ships and fleets) be for a galaxy that is slightly more dangerous than vanilla but not tank the CPU?

I noticed some of the options are simply "on" / "off" and others have a range "light", "medium", "heavy". If I set them all to "light"
but leave the others set to "off" would that provide a more dangerous game with lighter cpu load?

I tried turning everything on and while I didn't play long enough to notice a CPU bottleneck, I did see, within my first 3 hours of gameplay,
a ton of what appeared to be carriers (mostly Argon and Xenon) fighting and thier little drones buzzing around. Sometimes there were
a few in the same sector making my fps bounce around wildly between 70 and 12.

I currently have FOCW, FOCW Corporations, Faction Fix Pack, VRO and Ossian Raider...

Also, to clarify settings:

activateXenfighter
activateallfactionsfight

Does this mean that Xenon fighters are modified by both or are they separate? Also:

activateallfactionscap

This parameter says it spawns additional capital ships but several factions have parameters below for capital ships (activatehatcap) while others don't (eg: Argon).
Does this mean if I turn on activateallfactionscap as well as activatehatcap that Hatikvah will have an advantage with more capital ships than other factions?
When you see activateallfactionsfight or activateallfactionscap that is referring to the original factions before the DLC's. Then, there are ADDITIONAL fleets/squads you can add with other options in there.

Also, all factions added by DLC's have their own options and are not included in the original options.

If you are looking for more danger, that is relative. Are you planning on fighting specific factions? Adding more ships for the regular factions won't necessarily make anything dangerous for you unless you plan to be their enemy I guess. Adding more Xenon may make some things more dangerous, adding yaki may also make some things more dangerous. Don't add any extra ships for the factions and just add extra Xenon and Yaki if you aren't planning on fighting the main factions, etc. It all depends on your playstyle.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Tue, 25. May 21, 05:14

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 24. May 21, 18:08
When you see activateallfactionsfight or activateallfactionscap that is referring to the original factions before the DLC's. Then, there are ADDITIONAL fleets/squads you can add with other options in there.

Also, all factions added by DLC's have their own options and are not included in the original options.

If you are looking for more danger, that is relative. Are you planning on fighting specific factions? Adding more ships for the regular factions won't necessarily make anything dangerous for you unless you plan to be their enemy I guess. Adding more Xenon may make some things more dangerous, adding yaki may also make some things more dangerous. Don't add any extra ships for the factions and just add extra Xenon and Yaki if you aren't planning on fighting the main factions, etc. It all depends on your playstyle.
Thanks for clarifying.

When I say "more dangerous", I am in fact talking about fighting with other factions. I don't feel the diplomacy side of the game is complete yet so having a true diplomatic end-game isn't possible.
For me it's not enough to say "you attacked an Argon ally so now Argon hates you".

Here are some diplomacy features I'd like to see:

* The ability to meet with faction reps to declare a truce after aggression
* The ability to become temporary allies with Xenon (or any enemy) to bring down another enemy faction ("enemy of my enemy is my friend")
* The ability to comit subterfuge where I can destroy an Argon station and make it look like the Paranid did it (eg: hire a mercenary Paranid ship)
* The ability to "kidnap and ransom" of high ranking officials (eg: Faction leaders)
* The ability to have arms deals with warring factions that I have no alliegence to
* The ability to provide food and aid to factions that are at war

All this could lead to controlling trade routes or sectors with high resources, or to become the "galaxy's largest ship dealer", have sector-wide partnerships with other factions
or ultimately achieve a "time of peace" (albeit delicate).

But, since the diplomacy side of X4 is in its infancy, I guess the next best thing is "total dominance".

So, with your FOCW and FOCW Corporations mods I want to make sure the game is difficult but at the same time, I don't want to create a situation where one faction
is so powerful that it always ends up being me vs. them. Because your FOCW Corporations mod creates defense fleets in addition to the FOCW mod, I also don't want to
flood the sectors with too many AI and bog down the game.

alexalsp
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 6.6

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 25. May 21, 09:01

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 25. May 21, 16:58

user1679 wrote:
Tue, 25. May 21, 05:14
BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 24. May 21, 18:08

Thanks for clarifying.

When I say "more dangerous", I am in fact talking about fighting with other factions. I don't feel the diplomacy side of the game is complete yet so having a true diplomatic end-game isn't possible.
For me it's not enough to say "you attacked an Argon ally so now Argon hates you".

Here are some diplomacy features I'd like to see:

* The ability to meet with faction reps to declare a truce after aggression
* The ability to become temporary allies with Xenon (or any enemy) to bring down another enemy faction ("enemy of my enemy is my friend")
* The ability to comit subterfuge where I can destroy an Argon station and make it look like the Paranid did it (eg: hire a mercenary Paranid ship)
* The ability to "kidnap and ransom" of high ranking officials (eg: Faction leaders)
* The ability to have arms deals with warring factions that I have no alliegence to
* The ability to provide food and aid to factions that are at war

All this could lead to controlling trade routes or sectors with high resources, or to become the "galaxy's largest ship dealer", have sector-wide partnerships with other factions
or ultimately achieve a "time of peace" (albeit delicate).

But, since the diplomacy side of X4 is in its infancy, I guess the next best thing is "total dominance".

So, with your FOCW and FOCW Corporations mods I want to make sure the game is difficult but at the same time, I don't want to create a situation where one faction
is so powerful that it always ends up being me vs. them. Because your FOCW Corporations mod creates defense fleets in addition to the FOCW mod, I also don't want to
flood the sectors with too many AI and bog down the game.
It is difficult for me to say because I play with all options on and all the highest amount of ships including other mods with lots of ships and I have no slow downs. I don't know what is the limit of your pc/game experience. Try adding in the most basic options for all factions and see how it goes.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Wed, 26. May 21, 03:06

BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 25. May 21, 16:58
It is difficult for me to say because I play with all options on and all the highest amount of ships including other mods with lots of ships and I have no slow downs. I don't know what is the limit of your pc/game experience. Try adding in the most basic options for all factions and see how it goes.
I have an i5 7600 with 24 gb RAM and an nVidia GTX gpu on a 144 Hz monitor. I can get over 100 fps when it's just me and a few other ships but I see a significant drop to near 46 fps around stations
and after about 12 hours with FOCW, FOCW Corporations, Ossian Raider installed, the universe can get so busy that my fps drops to 12 even when I'm in space with
nobody around.

I have other mods installed but theyr'e mostly QOL mods that remove asteroids, fog, etc. so they should improve performance rather than hurt. I get the impression
my CPU is becoming bogged down as mine and other empires begin to grow. The AI has do to more work which is why I'm trying to tune FOCW (I had everything enabled)
but also maintain a sort of "danger" feel to the galaxy.

Edit:

I even notice a quick FPS fluctuation when the video plays for an NPC comm event. In fact, sometimes the portrait doesn't even load.

Bezlikiy070

Post by Bezlikiy070 » Wed, 26. May 21, 05:25

Good day. Is there some way to check if the mod is working or not? I changed the settings according to the instructions, but I don't see any changes in the game

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 26. May 21, 05:46

Bezlikiy070 wrote:
Wed, 26. May 21, 05:25
Good day. Is there some way to check if the mod is working or not? I changed the settings according to the instructions, but I don't see any changes in the game
You should get a message saying the mod is activated when you load up your save. Ships need to be built so it takes time to build up, but you will also notice ships with different names. I named all the ships/fleets differently for FOCW ships. For example, Antigone has the Republican guards, Paranid have the inquisition fleets, HOP has the Reformation fleets, Teladi has mercenaries, etc.

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Wed, 26. May 21, 14:01

delilah wild wrote:
Mon, 24. May 21, 02:31
Jaskan. One item I noticed when trying to implement your plan is that DeadAir has not added the Yaki to Dynamic Wars. :( I'll contact about this. :) Cheers!
Yes Yaki is the only one i have to edit in save file, all others can be done in DynamicWars.

I give you a huge warning about deadair mods, i only use Dynamic Wars and nothing else cause deadair stuff very quickly descends into single digit fps.

I used to use deadair gate which adds many sectors and its much much more fun, but in late game on high end pc i get 8fps.

delilah wild

Post by delilah wild » Wed, 26. May 21, 14:55

Jaskan wrote:
Wed, 26. May 21, 14:01
delilah wild wrote:
Jaskan. One item I noticed when trying to implement your plan is that DeadAir has not added the Yaki to Dynamic Wars. :( I'll contact about this. :) Cheers!
Yes Yaki is the only one i have to edit in save file, all others can be done in DynamicWars.

I give you a huge warning about deadair mods, i only use Dynamic Wars and nothing else cause deadair stuff very quickly descends into single digit fps.

I used to use deadair gate which adds many sectors and its much much more fun, but in late game on high end pc i get 8fps.
Thanks for the heads up about the fps! I was looking at the gate mod and thinking that might be fun. I've written DeadAir about adding the Yaki and he is considering doing so.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 26. May 21, 15:30

Jaskan wrote:
delilah wild wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble but if you were getting 8 fps, your computer isn't high end. I was running gate overhaul with 60+ fps at stations.

I appreciate you trying it, but if you are going to imply that the only mod of mine that isn't heavy on performance is dynamic wars... I'd rather you not spread misinformation

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Wed, 26. May 21, 15:54

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 26. May 21, 15:30
Jaskan wrote:
delilah wild wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble but if you were getting 8 fps, your computer isn't high end. I was running gate overhaul with 60+ fps at stations.

I appreciate you trying it, but if you are going to imply that the only mod of mine that isn't heavy on performance is dynamic wars... I'd rather you not spread misinformation
for what its worth my system is intel CPU running at 4.4Ghz, GPU is GTX Titan by late game with DeadAir Gate am down to single digit fps.
DeadGate just about doubles the number of sectors, and sectors cost performance Mod or no mod.

I will also add a huge fps warning to folks about FactionEnhancer Mods too, i got a good fps boost once i let go of those also.

But the bottom line for X4 as a platform is as everybody knows, the more mods you add the more likely you invest time and ebnergy in game that eventually becomes so slow its unplayable and i ran into that twice with deadair gate, once wiht system running at 3.8Ghz, then when i upgrade to 4.4Ghz same thing, i think it just down to too many sectors for my PC or any average PC.

What your system specs for high end

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 26. May 21, 16:50

Jaskan wrote:
Wed, 26. May 21, 15:54
for what its worth my system is intel CPU running at 4.4Ghz, GPU is GTX Titan by late game with DeadAir Gate am down to single digit fps.
DeadGate just about doubles the number of sectors, and sectors cost performance Mod or no mod.

I will also add a huge fps warning to folks about FactionEnhancer Mods too, i got a good fps boost once i let go of those also.

But the bottom line for X4 as a platform is as everybody knows, the more mods you add the more likely you invest time and ebnergy in game that eventually becomes so slow its unplayable and i ran into that twice with deadair gate, once wiht system running at 3.8Ghz, then when i upgrade to 4.4Ghz same thing, i think it just down to too many sectors for my PC or any average PC.

What your system specs for high end
Believe it or not from my testing the things with the biggest impact on performance are stations (in sight or out of sight) and total ship count. The game is actually very dependent on ram speed which I don't think a lot of people consider. Having more sectors actually don't cause any noticeable performance impact but actually having them populated and used is where it runs into a scaling issue. Also, deadair gate overhaul (discontinued) is not the same as deadair gate. The mod was split up to how it was prior to split vendetta. Deadair gate (minor map changes), deadair jobs (rebalancing of faction military and economy ships), deadair god (rebalancing of station economy at game start), deadair ware (rebalancing of economic production and pricing), and deadair faction mods (includes new sectors and factions, modular/stand-alone). All of them work with FOCW and I run at 90-120 fps at stations.

I actually would consider your computer to be higher end but it sounds like you were running into a conflict or some other factor. If you have an older cpu, it might be the specter fixes causing performance loss as well. I run an i9 9900k, 2070ti, 64gb 3600mhz and ran extensive testing on any possible performance gains. If anyone has questions on stuff, I'd be more than happy to help.

Ending the hijack of blackrain's post.

Shazbot01
x3tc

Post by Shazbot01 » Fri, 28. May 21, 17:30

FOCW idea: Xenon escalation setting. When enabled, causes 1 (or user set number) additional Xenon fighter or capital to spawn for free when Xenon shipyards build something. Possible settings = Escalation countdown, waits how many days/hours/minutes after enabled to start spawning free Xenon. Multiplier factor, do Xenon get 1 extra ship, or 2, or 3, etc.

Another maybe FOCW, maybe standalone idea: Xenon salvage satellites. After Xenon win a battle, they spawn a one time use satellite that causes nearby wrecks to spawn Xenon fighters or capitals after a configurable amount of time.

Bezlikiy070

Post by Bezlikiy070 » Mon, 31. May 21, 01:42

BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 26. May 21, 05:46
Bezlikiy070 wrote:
You should get a message saying the mod is activated when you load up your save. Ships need to be built so it takes time to build up, but you will also notice ships with different names. I named all the ships/fleets differently for FOCW ships. For example, Antigone has the Republican guards, Paranid have the inquisition fleets, HOP has the Reformation fleets, Teladi has mercenaries, etc.
Where is the message? Inside the game, where do the messages from the NPC go to? If a, then there is nothing there. Also before that, I had Faction fix pack mods, (Faction War/Economy Enhancer v3.21) I thought there might be a conflict, I deleted them, but nothing happens, except for one thing - after the removal of these mods, the Thracians began to aggressively build defensive platforms in foreign or neutral sectors, before that no one tried to conduct conquest of territory.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 31. May 21, 15:58

Bezlikiy070 wrote:
Mon, 31. May 21, 01:42
BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 26. May 21, 05:46
Bezlikiy070 wrote:
Where is the message? Inside the game, where do the messages from the NPC go to? If a, then there is nothing there. Also before that, I had Faction fix pack mods, (Faction War/Economy Enhancer v3.21) I thought there might be a conflict, I deleted them, but nothing happens, except for one thing - after the removal of these mods, the Thracians began to aggressively build defensive platforms in foreign or neutral sectors, before that no one tried to conduct conquest of territory.
Thracians? Who are they? lol

The message pops up in the area where messages always pop up for you in the lower corner. Also, there would be a message in your log. I forgot which category. There is no conflict with this and faction war/economy enhancer by the way. Also, FOCW doesn't in any way change the vanilla faction logic so whether a faction invades or not has nothing to do with this mod.

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Thu, 8. Jul 21, 18:34

Question/request: would it be possible to add an option for larg(er) fleets for Xenon and other factions?
Xenon Apocalypse mod is fun, but with Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (I'm pretty sure a good portion of players use it) space stations are way too powerful and can often take out 3 K's easily enough. On the other hand a single I can wreck a good path of destruction, but it feels a bit odd for it to not have any support - and its just a single ship for an entire universe.

Could you maybe create a fleet (or several) consisting of 1 I, 3 escort destroyers and a fighter squadron, that would be on idle until finished, and then used by the faction logic for whatever AI thinks is the best target? That would hopefly turn Xenon fleet from target practice for station gun crews into a proper danger.

And similar for other factions? 1 Carrier, 3 Destroyer escort (maybe Axiliry craft as well?) and a fighter wing to serve as gate-busters for faction wars?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 16:30

AtilaElari wrote:
Thu, 8. Jul 21, 18:34
Question/request: would it be possible to add an option for larg(er) fleets for Xenon and other factions?
Xenon Apocalypse mod is fun, but with Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (I'm pretty sure a good portion of players use it) space stations are way too powerful and can often take out 3 K's easily enough. On the other hand a single I can wreck a good path of destruction, but it feels a bit odd for it to not have any support - and its just a single ship for an entire universe.

Could you maybe create a fleet (or several) consisting of 1 I, 3 escort destroyers and a fighter squadron, that would be on idle until finished, and then used by the faction logic for whatever AI thinks is the best target? That would hopefly turn Xenon fleet from target practice for station gun crews into a proper danger.

And similar for other factions? 1 Carrier, 3 Destroyer escort (maybe Axiliry craft as well?) and a fighter wing to serve as gate-busters for faction wars?
The mod already has such fleets. The Xenon have a couple of Xenon I fleets with some of the options I think. I can't remember which ones but they should be there. I haven't been modding lately so have no intention to look at it any time soon.

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 20:40

I fleets are a bit too sparse for my liking.

I'v been trying to understand your code in focwsetup file to change things on my own. I can see prerequisites for a job listing (timers, player relations), I can't seem to find where the ship type for the job is denoted. Could you say what line of code corresponds to that?
Also, I assume "ExistingDestroyerThreshold" is a variable that determines the number of ships in a fleet?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 20:45

AtilaElari wrote:
Fri, 9. Jul 21, 20:40
I fleets are a bit too sparse for my liking.

I'v been trying to understand your code in focwsetup file to change things on my own. I can see prerequisites for a job listing (timers, player relations), I can't seem to find where the ship type for the job is denoted. Could you say what line of code corresponds to that?
Also, I assume "ExistingDestroyerThreshold" is a variable that determines the number of ships in a fleet?
Heya, you can easily edit the script yourself to make as many fleets as you like.

The FOCWsetup file is what sets up how many fleets will be ordered. It does not control the makeup of the fleets though. To change the makeup of the fleets, you would need to edit jobs.xml. However, focwsetup controls how many fleets are built.

ExistingDestroyerThreshold is a variable which determines how many fleets will be ordered/built (not the number of ships in a fleet). So if you want more fleets of that type to be built, increase the number for this. If you want to tweak the number of ships in the fleet itself, then you go into jobs and look for the specific ship, find its subordinates and edit the number of ships in the subordinate job. You have to change the number of ships in the subordinate jobs to increase ships, don't touch the main job. To increase more of the main job, edit the ExistingDestroyerThreshold in the focwsetup file.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”