[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 6.7

Post by Scoob » Sun, 2. May 21, 00:47

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 1. May 21, 22:40
Well, it wouldn't have whatever changes I made, I mean, in this case you just wouldn't have the new yaki or trinity options so they wouldn't be present.
Ok cool, so the entire new feature simply wont be there, that makes sense based on the default setting being off anyway.

The Yaki in my game are pretty much wiped out, thanks to a quirk with accident fire (at one of my ships) from a Xenon Station hitting the Yaki Station. They then went to war and the Yaki lost...their Station has not respawned. I assume Yaki are a special case, and don't behave like a regular faction when it comes to ship building etc? Going to try the update when I have the chance of course, just pondering things while I cannot.

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 2. May 21, 01:03

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 2. May 21, 00:47
BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 1. May 21, 22:40
Well, it wouldn't have whatever changes I made, I mean, in this case you just wouldn't have the new yaki or trinity options so they wouldn't be present.
Ok cool, so the entire new feature simply wont be there, that makes sense based on the default setting being off anyway.

The Yaki in my game are pretty much wiped out, thanks to a quirk with accident fire (at one of my ships) from a Xenon Station hitting the Yaki Station. They then went to war and the Yaki lost...their Station has not respawned. I assume Yaki are a special case, and don't behave like a regular faction when it comes to ship building etc? Going to try the update when I have the chance of course, just pondering things while I cannot.

Scoob.
I don’t know if it is intended or a bug because i noticed in the debug log there were messages about the yaki not being able to find a suitable sector to build their station. It might be a bug

Kadatherion
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 6.6

Post by Kadatherion » Tue, 4. May 21, 01:19

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 1. May 21, 03:01
I use FOCW, VRO, the aiscript change I attached up above and deadairaitweaks if anyone is wondering and my game has been excellent so far. I had started a new game with all of these and am now on 4 days 9 hours of in game time. Fights are still going strong and the universe is humming along.
Pretty much my same setup, except for this additional tweak of yours. Can I ask more precisely how it works? You mentioned it counts double for reconnaissance, so the faction logic waits until it has more ships around to send when it wants to invade, right? Is there anything that gets similarly "buffed" for the defender, to keep more or less the same balance? 'Cause otherwise from what I understand it would mean that offensive actions with the tweak become much more effective: if the defenders (as it often seem to happen) hardly ever manage to send a defensive fleet where needed (in time, at least) and much of the defense depends on the platforms, then sector takeovers should happen much faster on average around the galaxy. Which is something I might want in the late game, while not so much in the first few days.

Seeing how often stations and platforms are much weaker than they'd be supposed to at defending themselves in OOS (even with all the tweaks VRO has tried to do to make them work better... or, well, work at all, actually), I'm a bit wary of anything that could make them less relevant and basically speed up the pace at which a faction might begin snowballing (well, as much as the jobs system allows, which luckily isn't too much usually).

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 4. May 21, 16:26

Kadatherion wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 01:19
BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 1. May 21, 03:01
I use FOCW, VRO, the aiscript change I attached up above and deadairaitweaks if anyone is wondering and my game has been excellent so far. I had started a new game with all of these and am now on 4 days 9 hours of in game time. Fights are still going strong and the universe is humming along.
Pretty much my same setup, except for this additional tweak of yours. Can I ask more precisely how it works? You mentioned it counts double for reconnaissance, so the faction logic waits until it has more ships around to send when it wants to invade, right? Is there anything that gets similarly "buffed" for the defender, to keep more or less the same balance? 'Cause otherwise from what I understand it would mean that offensive actions with the tweak become much more effective: if the defenders (as it often seem to happen) hardly ever manage to send a defensive fleet where needed (in time, at least) and much of the defense depends on the platforms, then sector takeovers should happen much faster on average around the galaxy. Which is something I might want in the late game, while not so much in the first few days.

Seeing how often stations and platforms are much weaker than they'd be supposed to at defending themselves in OOS (even with all the tweaks VRO has tried to do to make them work better... or, well, work at all, actually), I'm a bit wary of anything that could make them less relevant and basically speed up the pace at which a faction might begin snowballing (well, as much as the jobs system allows, which luckily isn't too much usually).
It functions the same way that Vanilla does, it is just that they will now look to gather more ships. So the defense will use the same logic. What I usually see happening is, larger fleets flying around and larger battles taking place. Some stations get destroyed, slow progress but big battles. It is working very well in my opinion. I have not seen any snowballing as all factions are pretty strong in my game which is about 5 days in. The economy is also very strong but I also take an active part in the economy and have built many large stations providing goods. The only faction I really heavily helped was Zyarch (by constantly trading the goods their shipyards need and I also went through the whole split questline and Zyarch is one large empire now). I just completed the Paranid questline and formed the Realm of the Trinity. Right now, I have Realm of Trinity and Zyarch Patriarchy as allies against Argon/Antigone/Teladi. Terrans are at war with Antigone. I have intentionally sown chaos throughout the universe so that the Terrans can eventually dominate muahahaha.

Meanwhile, the Xenon have been pushed into the lower right corner but they are slowly gaining territory and have many ships in their territory (probably over 100 k's and a dozen I's roaming around in there with hundreds of fighters). Honestly, I am afraid to go check lol.

MiFoludek
x3tc

Post by MiFoludek » Mon, 10. May 21, 09:47

Hello,

I think it is the bug - the same variable is defined twice with missing reference to ships jobs (v6.7)
<!-- Turn on additional Court Carriers? 0 for No, 1 for Yes -->
<set_value name="$activatecourtcar" exact="0" />
<!-- Turn on additional Court Carriers for defense? 0 for No, 1 for Yes -->
<!-- NOT ACTIVE RIGHT NOW --><set_value name="$activatecourtcar" exact="0" />
BR

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 10. May 21, 18:34

MiFoludek wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 09:47
Hello,

I think it is the bug - the same variable is defined twice with missing reference to ships jobs (v6.7)
<!-- Turn on additional Court Carriers? 0 for No, 1 for Yes -->
<set_value name="$activatecourtcar" exact="0" />
<!-- Turn on additional Court Carriers for defense? 0 for No, 1 for Yes -->
<!-- NOT ACTIVE RIGHT NOW --><set_value name="$activatecourtcar" exact="0" />
BR
I will take a look.

UnholyForager
x4

Post by UnholyForager » Tue, 11. May 21, 16:36

Great mod! Please keep up the good work.

I'm still new to modding X4, was poking around in the jobs.xml and I noticed the two Xenon carrier attack jobs have the destroyer tag. Wouldn't this just spawn more K's or am I missing something?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 11. May 21, 18:57

UnholyForager wrote:
Tue, 11. May 21, 16:36
Great mod! Please keep up the good work.

I'm still new to modding X4, was poking around in the jobs.xml and I noticed the two Xenon carrier attack jobs have the destroyer tag. Wouldn't this just spawn more K's or am I missing something?
Yeah, I think I switched that one to K's instead of I's for some reason in the past. Maybe I will switch it back eventually

delilah wild

Post by delilah wild » Sat, 22. May 21, 15:13

Hello Blackrain,

Thank you for this marvelous mod. I've used it in conjunction with others to revive and keep the Xenon salty.

I've run a continuous game since the release of X4. This means some factions are well developed economically and militarily. I suspect this is why the Yaki were whipped out before I could even find their station!

I'm currently trying different avenues to reviving the Yaki. Something that I think may be of help is being able to reset Yaki diplomatic relations with myself and other factions. Unless I missed it, that doesn't seem possible in the current version of FOCW.

I hope you'll consider adding this in the future. And thanks ahead of time for giving this consideration.

Cheers

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 22. May 21, 15:17

delilah wild wrote:
Sat, 22. May 21, 15:13
Hello Blackrain,

Thank you for this marvelous mod. I've used it in conjunction with others to revive and keep the Xenon salty.

I've run a continuous game since the release of X4. This means some factions are well developed economically and militarily. I suspect this is why the Yaki were whipped out before I could even find their station!

I'm currently trying different avenues to reviving the Yaki. Something that I think may be of help is being able to reset Yaki diplomatic relations with myself and other factions. Unless I missed it, that doesn't seem possible in the current version of FOCW.

I hope you'll consider adding this in the future. And thanks ahead of time for giving this consideration.

Cheers
Yeah I forgot to add in yaki for the diplomacy stuff. I can add them at some point.

By the way, I would recommend not using the yaki spawn options because yaki will continuously spawn ships quite frequently lol. I would have to play around with it to find a good balance of how frequently they should spawn.

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Sat, 22. May 21, 17:09

delilah wild wrote:
Hello Blackrain,

Cheers
I share my experience on this

1.) I used to use FOCW to handle Diplomacy , but i never got it to work for diplomacy but for extra ships for factions is what i use it for.
2) Then i discovered you can edit your save game files quite easily to set diplomacy, and i did that for a while.

3) Then i discovered latest version of DeadAir Dynamic Wars, and i was like WTF WOooWWW, Its got Slider to set diplomacy during the game
I no longer have to restart the game edit save file to set diplomacy.

When the diplomacy is set correctly by the App it should show in encyclopaedia and faction relations but this never happened with FOCW diplomacy, just save file edit and Dynamic Wars.

And as i am findind if you want to revive a faction
1) First become an Allie, so that the logistics of building them a shipyard is easier for you.
2) Put a massive amount of storage in said shipyard so they dont run low.
3) put multiples of ship productions bays
4) And said faction will have ships rolling out and becoming lively faction
5) I think it works best if you own the Shipyard cause then you can fix supply issues.
6) Currently doing this for xenon, and am having to restrict them when they building too many ships causing fps hit.
7) As you said use diplomacy to make yak have no enemies until they grow.

In short, just get DynamicWars mod and go to its sweet faction menus in Extension Options, its got more stuff there than just setting diplomacy, it also shows total number of ships and stations of each faction etc.

And to really revive a faction, you gona need cheatmenu

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 23. May 21, 19:48

Jaskan wrote:
Sat, 22. May 21, 17:09
delilah wild wrote:
Hello Blackrain,

Cheers

1.) I used to use FOCW to handle Diplomacy , but i never got it to work for diplomacy but for extra ships for factions is what i use it for.
2) Then i discovered you can edit your save game files quite easily to set diplomacy, and i did that for a while.

3) Then i discovered latest version of DeadAir Dynamic Wars, and i was like WTF WOooWWW, Its got Slider to set diplomacy during the game

When the diplomacy is set correctly by the App it should show in encyclopaedia and faction relations but this never happened with FOCW diplomacy, just save file edit and Dynamic Wars.

1) First become an Allie, so that the logistics of building them a shipyard is easier for you.
5) I think it works best if you own the Shipyard cause then you can fix supply issues.
6) Currently doing this for xenon, and am having to restrict them when they building too many ships causing fps hit.

In short, just get DynamicWars mod and go to its sweet faction menus in Extension Options, its got more stuff there than just setting diplomacy, it also shows total number of ships and stations of each faction etc.

I only added code where you could alter the diplomacy in the file and then it would change it in game. I never planned to do more with it and I only added that because someone had asked. The code works fine but it is simplistic so it might be better to use other options. I don't change diplomacy much so I don't have much of an issue regarding that.

delilah wild

Post by delilah wild » Sun, 23. May 21, 19:56

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 22. May 21, 15:17
Yeah I forgot to add in yaki for the diplomacy stuff. I can add them at some point.

By the way, I would recommend not using the yaki spawn options because yaki will continuously spawn ships quite frequently lol. I would have to play around with it to find a good balance of how frequently they should spawn.
Thank you. And yes the Yaki are spawning with regularity. I like it though. A very active Universe. :)

delilah wild

Post by delilah wild » Sun, 23. May 21, 20:10

Jaskan wrote:
Sat, 22. May 21, 17:09

Thanks so much for sharing your insights. This looks like it may work. I'll check out DeadAir's mods. :)

delilah wild

Post by delilah wild » Mon, 24. May 21, 02:31

Jaskan. One item I noticed when trying to implement your plan is that DeadAir has not added the Yaki to Dynamic Wars. :( I'll contact about this. :) Cheers!

user1679

Post by user1679 » Mon, 24. May 21, 06:04

What would the recommended setup options (ships and fleets) be for a galaxy that is slightly more dangerous than vanilla but not tank the CPU?

I noticed some of the options are simply "on" / "off" and others have a range "light", "medium", "heavy". If I set them all to "light"
but leave the others set to "off" would that provide a more dangerous game with lighter cpu load?

I tried turning everything on and while I didn't play long enough to notice a CPU bottleneck, I did see, within my first 3 hours of gameplay,
a ton of what appeared to be carriers (mostly Argon and Xenon) fighting and thier little drones buzzing around. Sometimes there were
a few in the same sector making my fps bounce around wildly between 70 and 12.

I currently have FOCW, FOCW Corporations, Faction Fix Pack, VRO and Ossian Raider...

Also, to clarify settings:

activateXenfighter
activateallfactionsfight

Does this mean that Xenon fighters are modified by both or are they separate? Also:

activateallfactionscap

This parameter says it spawns additional capital ships but several factions have parameters below for capital ships (activatehatcap) while others don't (eg: Argon).
Does this mean if I turn on activateallfactionscap as well as activatehatcap that Hatikvah will have an advantage with more capital ships than other factions?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 24. May 21, 18:08

user1679 wrote:
Mon, 24. May 21, 06:04
What would the recommended setup options (ships and fleets) be for a galaxy that is slightly more dangerous than vanilla but not tank the CPU?

I noticed some of the options are simply "on" / "off" and others have a range "light", "medium", "heavy". If I set them all to "light"
but leave the others set to "off" would that provide a more dangerous game with lighter cpu load?

I tried turning everything on and while I didn't play long enough to notice a CPU bottleneck, I did see, within my first 3 hours of gameplay,
a ton of what appeared to be carriers (mostly Argon and Xenon) fighting and thier little drones buzzing around. Sometimes there were
a few in the same sector making my fps bounce around wildly between 70 and 12.

I currently have FOCW, FOCW Corporations, Faction Fix Pack, VRO and Ossian Raider...

Also, to clarify settings:

activateXenfighter
activateallfactionsfight

Does this mean that Xenon fighters are modified by both or are they separate? Also:

activateallfactionscap

This parameter says it spawns additional capital ships but several factions have parameters below for capital ships (activatehatcap) while others don't (eg: Argon).
Does this mean if I turn on activateallfactionscap as well as activatehatcap that Hatikvah will have an advantage with more capital ships than other factions?
When you see activateallfactionsfight or activateallfactionscap that is referring to the original factions before the DLC's. Then, there are ADDITIONAL fleets/squads you can add with other options in there.

Also, all factions added by DLC's have their own options and are not included in the original options.

If you are looking for more danger, that is relative. Are you planning on fighting specific factions? Adding more ships for the regular factions won't necessarily make anything dangerous for you unless you plan to be their enemy I guess. Adding more Xenon may make some things more dangerous, adding yaki may also make some things more dangerous. Don't add any extra ships for the factions and just add extra Xenon and Yaki if you aren't planning on fighting the main factions, etc. It all depends on your playstyle.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Tue, 25. May 21, 05:14

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 24. May 21, 18:08
When you see activateallfactionsfight or activateallfactionscap that is referring to the original factions before the DLC's. Then, there are ADDITIONAL fleets/squads you can add with other options in there.

Also, all factions added by DLC's have their own options and are not included in the original options.

If you are looking for more danger, that is relative. Are you planning on fighting specific factions? Adding more ships for the regular factions won't necessarily make anything dangerous for you unless you plan to be their enemy I guess. Adding more Xenon may make some things more dangerous, adding yaki may also make some things more dangerous. Don't add any extra ships for the factions and just add extra Xenon and Yaki if you aren't planning on fighting the main factions, etc. It all depends on your playstyle.
Thanks for clarifying.

When I say "more dangerous", I am in fact talking about fighting with other factions. I don't feel the diplomacy side of the game is complete yet so having a true diplomatic end-game isn't possible.
For me it's not enough to say "you attacked an Argon ally so now Argon hates you".

Here are some diplomacy features I'd like to see:

* The ability to meet with faction reps to declare a truce after aggression
* The ability to become temporary allies with Xenon (or any enemy) to bring down another enemy faction ("enemy of my enemy is my friend")
* The ability to comit subterfuge where I can destroy an Argon station and make it look like the Paranid did it (eg: hire a mercenary Paranid ship)
* The ability to "kidnap and ransom" of high ranking officials (eg: Faction leaders)
* The ability to have arms deals with warring factions that I have no alliegence to
* The ability to provide food and aid to factions that are at war

All this could lead to controlling trade routes or sectors with high resources, or to become the "galaxy's largest ship dealer", have sector-wide partnerships with other factions
or ultimately achieve a "time of peace" (albeit delicate).

But, since the diplomacy side of X4 is in its infancy, I guess the next best thing is "total dominance".

So, with your FOCW and FOCW Corporations mods I want to make sure the game is difficult but at the same time, I don't want to create a situation where one faction
is so powerful that it always ends up being me vs. them. Because your FOCW Corporations mod creates defense fleets in addition to the FOCW mod, I also don't want to
flood the sectors with too many AI and bog down the game.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 25. May 21, 09:01

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 25. May 21, 16:58

user1679 wrote:
Tue, 25. May 21, 05:14
BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 24. May 21, 18:08

Thanks for clarifying.

When I say "more dangerous", I am in fact talking about fighting with other factions. I don't feel the diplomacy side of the game is complete yet so having a true diplomatic end-game isn't possible.
For me it's not enough to say "you attacked an Argon ally so now Argon hates you".

Here are some diplomacy features I'd like to see:

* The ability to meet with faction reps to declare a truce after aggression
* The ability to become temporary allies with Xenon (or any enemy) to bring down another enemy faction ("enemy of my enemy is my friend")
* The ability to comit subterfuge where I can destroy an Argon station and make it look like the Paranid did it (eg: hire a mercenary Paranid ship)
* The ability to "kidnap and ransom" of high ranking officials (eg: Faction leaders)
* The ability to have arms deals with warring factions that I have no alliegence to
* The ability to provide food and aid to factions that are at war

All this could lead to controlling trade routes or sectors with high resources, or to become the "galaxy's largest ship dealer", have sector-wide partnerships with other factions
or ultimately achieve a "time of peace" (albeit delicate).

But, since the diplomacy side of X4 is in its infancy, I guess the next best thing is "total dominance".

So, with your FOCW and FOCW Corporations mods I want to make sure the game is difficult but at the same time, I don't want to create a situation where one faction
is so powerful that it always ends up being me vs. them. Because your FOCW Corporations mod creates defense fleets in addition to the FOCW mod, I also don't want to
flood the sectors with too many AI and bog down the game.
It is difficult for me to say because I play with all options on and all the highest amount of ships including other mods with lots of ships and I have no slow downs. I don't know what is the limit of your pc/game experience. Try adding in the most basic options for all factions and see how it goes.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”