[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Midnitewolf

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 6.6

Post by Midnitewolf » Tue, 27. Apr 21, 20:26

Got a question or possibly a suggestion, not sure which.

I kind of randomly noticed that the biggest issue NPC factions have with their economies tends not to be with production but rather their inability to move products around to where they need to go in order for the NPC faction to actually produce things. For example, they have a Wharf with a shortage of hull parts but have a hull parts factory with 23k available to be bought right next the to Wharf yet no ships are actually transferring the hull parts from the factories to the Wharf.

That got me thinking. If you can make the AI build more Combat ships, could you also make the AI expand their merchant fleet of miners and transports?

I say I am not sure if it is a question or idea because I don't know if the reason the NPC factions don't transfer good around has to do with not enough ships to do it with or if the AI is just programed do not do so in order to provide for situations the player can step in and take up the slack. If it is the former, adding more merchant ships might go a long way to simulating the NPC economy.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 27. Apr 21, 20:32

Midnitewolf wrote:
Tue, 27. Apr 21, 20:26

I kind of randomly noticed that the biggest issue NPC factions have with their economies tends not to be with production but rather their inability to move products around to where they need to go in order for the NPC faction to actually produce things. For example, they have a Wharf with a shortage of hull parts but have a hull parts factory with 23k available to be bought right next the to Wharf yet no ships are actually transferring the hull parts from the factories to the Wharf.

That got me thinking. If you can make the AI build more Combat ships, could you also make the AI expand their merchant fleet of miners and transports?

I say I am not sure if it is a question or idea because I don't know if the reason the NPC factions don't transfer good around has to do with not enough ships to do it with or if the AI is just programed do not do so in order to provide for situations the player can step in and take up the slack. If it is the former, adding more merchant ships might go a long way to simulating the NPC economy.
The game already has code to order more trade ships when needed but of course that is only when needed. I could easily add options for more traders and miners, that isn't an issue. Do we want these traders and miners to be attached to stations or to just be free traders/miners? Anyway these are all things I can add when I have time.

sanas
x4

Post by sanas » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 18:15

BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 27. Apr 21, 20:32
Midnitewolf wrote:

The game already has code to order more trade ships when needed but of course that is only when needed. I could easily add options for more traders and miners, that isn't an issue. Do we want these traders and miners to be attached to stations or to just be free traders/miners? Anyway these are all things I can add when I have time.
mb every station must have 1-2 attached traders but miners must be free

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 19:07

sanas wrote:
Wed, 28. Apr 21, 18:15
BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 27. Apr 21, 20:32
Midnitewolf wrote:

mb every station must have 1-2 attached traders but miners must be free
I think adding that many ships is not a good idea. There are hundreds of stations and those numbers continuously grow.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 22:16

Version 6.6 for X4 4.0 and both DLCs

I presume it means it will not work in v3.3 with only split vendetta, and previous versions able to do so, are considered as obsolete and no more available ?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 22:17

Malchar wrote:
Wed, 28. Apr 21, 22:16
Version 6.6 for X4 4.0 and both DLCs

I presume it means it will not work in v3.3 with only split vendetta, and previous versions able to do so, are considered as obsolete and no more available ?
It will work with v3.3 and with split vendetta, just don't activate any of the terran stuff. You might need to edit the content.xml file to remove the dependency on terran dlc also

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 14:34

BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 28. Apr 21, 22:17
You might need to edit the content.xml file to remove the dependency on terran dlc also
This is needed. It worked when I changed the third ligne replacing the false in true --> <dependency name="Cradle of Humanity" id="ego_dlc_terran" optional="true"/>

Thanks

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 1. May 21, 03:01

FOCW Version 6.7

1) Support for Trinity and Yaki with new options.
2) Some minor fixes.

By the way, if you didn't notice the file I attached in this thread a little up from this post, take a look. If you are not using FE and would like to see more action, download the additional aiscript file. This will definitely get some larger fights in your game. I have already witnessed many nice battles where each side had several or more destroyers and a few dozen fighters battling it out. Very cool to watch.

I use FOCW, VRO, the aiscript change I attached up above and deadairaitweaks if anyone is wondering and my game has been excellent so far. I had started a new game with all of these and am now on 4 days 9 hours of in game time. Fights are still going strong and the universe is humming along.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 6.7

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 1. May 21, 03:20

Sorry, if you already downloaded ( I know I just put it up) please redownload. I made one mistake which I just fixed and uploaded, no version change.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 1. May 21, 14:38

BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 27. Apr 21, 01:13
and are not using FE mod
I'm sorry - this is what a mod ... :oops:

Russian Lng

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 1. May 21, 16:09

alexalsp wrote:
Sat, 1. May 21, 14:38
BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 27. Apr 21, 01:13
and are not using FE mod
I'm sorry - this is what a mod ... :oops:

Russian Lng
Hey Alex, not sure I understand you here lol. Anyway, not everyone uses FE so that file is only for them and will allow for larger battles. It works really good and I like the vanilla factionlogic honestly. Everyone has their preferences though. I do like the catchup script for FE though.

Oh I should also mention that when I say FE, I mean the war module aspect of it because it would conflict with the change I made in that one file. Obviously, if you are using the FE war module then don't use that aiscript file I put up.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 1. May 21, 17:52

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

Do we need to replace and re-edit focwsetup.xml with v6.7, or can we retain our existing file?

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 1. May 21, 18:02

Scoob wrote:
Sat, 1. May 21, 17:52
Hi,

Thanks for the update.

Do we need to replace and re-edit focwsetup.xml with v6.7, or can we retain our existing file?

Scoob.
There are definitely changes to the focwsetup file. I added new options too for yaki and trinity

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 1. May 21, 21:44

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 1. May 21, 18:02
There are definitely changes to the focwsetup file. I added new options too for yaki and trinity
Cool, I assumed that was the case.

If someone were to use an old version of focwsetup what actually happens? Will it generate an error / crash the game, or will it assume some default value (i.e. Off) if no value is present? Just wondering, in case I ever fail to overwrite and re-edit the file in the future. Obviously a crash would certainly ensure I updated it, but a more subtle effect might not.

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 1. May 21, 22:40

Scoob wrote:
Sat, 1. May 21, 21:44
BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 1. May 21, 18:02
Cool, I assumed that was the case.

If someone were to use an old version of focwsetup what actually happens? Will it generate an error / crash the game, or will it assume some default value (i.e. Off) if no value is present? Just wondering, in case I ever fail to overwrite and re-edit the file in the future. Obviously a crash would certainly ensure I updated it, but a more subtle effect might not.

Scoob.
Well, it wouldn't have whatever changes I made, I mean, in this case you just wouldn't have the new yaki or trinity options so they wouldn't be present.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 2. May 21, 00:47

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 1. May 21, 22:40
Well, it wouldn't have whatever changes I made, I mean, in this case you just wouldn't have the new yaki or trinity options so they wouldn't be present.
Ok cool, so the entire new feature simply wont be there, that makes sense based on the default setting being off anyway.

The Yaki in my game are pretty much wiped out, thanks to a quirk with accident fire (at one of my ships) from a Xenon Station hitting the Yaki Station. They then went to war and the Yaki lost...their Station has not respawned. I assume Yaki are a special case, and don't behave like a regular faction when it comes to ship building etc? Going to try the update when I have the chance of course, just pondering things while I cannot.

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 2. May 21, 01:03

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 2. May 21, 00:47
BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 1. May 21, 22:40
Ok cool, so the entire new feature simply wont be there, that makes sense based on the default setting being off anyway.

The Yaki in my game are pretty much wiped out, thanks to a quirk with accident fire (at one of my ships) from a Xenon Station hitting the Yaki Station. They then went to war and the Yaki lost...their Station has not respawned. I assume Yaki are a special case, and don't behave like a regular faction when it comes to ship building etc? Going to try the update when I have the chance of course, just pondering things while I cannot.

Scoob.
I don’t know if it is intended or a bug because i noticed in the debug log there were messages about the yaki not being able to find a suitable sector to build their station. It might be a bug

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Tue, 4. May 21, 01:19

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 1. May 21, 03:01
I use FOCW, VRO, the aiscript change I attached up above and deadairaitweaks if anyone is wondering and my game has been excellent so far. I had started a new game with all of these and am now on 4 days 9 hours of in game time. Fights are still going strong and the universe is humming along.
Pretty much my same setup, except for this additional tweak of yours. Can I ask more precisely how it works? You mentioned it counts double for reconnaissance, so the faction logic waits until it has more ships around to send when it wants to invade, right? Is there anything that gets similarly "buffed" for the defender, to keep more or less the same balance? 'Cause otherwise from what I understand it would mean that offensive actions with the tweak become much more effective: if the defenders (as it often seem to happen) hardly ever manage to send a defensive fleet where needed (in time, at least) and much of the defense depends on the platforms, then sector takeovers should happen much faster on average around the galaxy. Which is something I might want in the late game, while not so much in the first few days.

Seeing how often stations and platforms are much weaker than they'd be supposed to at defending themselves in OOS (even with all the tweaks VRO has tried to do to make them work better... or, well, work at all, actually), I'm a bit wary of anything that could make them less relevant and basically speed up the pace at which a faction might begin snowballing (well, as much as the jobs system allows, which luckily isn't too much usually).

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 4. May 21, 16:26

Kadatherion wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 01:19
BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 1. May 21, 03:01
Pretty much my same setup, except for this additional tweak of yours. Can I ask more precisely how it works? You mentioned it counts double for reconnaissance, so the faction logic waits until it has more ships around to send when it wants to invade, right? Is there anything that gets similarly "buffed" for the defender, to keep more or less the same balance? 'Cause otherwise from what I understand it would mean that offensive actions with the tweak become much more effective: if the defenders (as it often seem to happen) hardly ever manage to send a defensive fleet where needed (in time, at least) and much of the defense depends on the platforms, then sector takeovers should happen much faster on average around the galaxy. Which is something I might want in the late game, while not so much in the first few days.

Seeing how often stations and platforms are much weaker than they'd be supposed to at defending themselves in OOS (even with all the tweaks VRO has tried to do to make them work better... or, well, work at all, actually), I'm a bit wary of anything that could make them less relevant and basically speed up the pace at which a faction might begin snowballing (well, as much as the jobs system allows, which luckily isn't too much usually).
It functions the same way that Vanilla does, it is just that they will now look to gather more ships. So the defense will use the same logic. What I usually see happening is, larger fleets flying around and larger battles taking place. Some stations get destroyed, slow progress but big battles. It is working very well in my opinion. I have not seen any snowballing as all factions are pretty strong in my game which is about 5 days in. The economy is also very strong but I also take an active part in the economy and have built many large stations providing goods. The only faction I really heavily helped was Zyarch (by constantly trading the goods their shipyards need and I also went through the whole split questline and Zyarch is one large empire now). I just completed the Paranid questline and formed the Realm of the Trinity. Right now, I have Realm of Trinity and Zyarch Patriarchy as allies against Argon/Antigone/Teladi. Terrans are at war with Antigone. I have intentionally sown chaos throughout the universe so that the Terrans can eventually dominate muahahaha.

Meanwhile, the Xenon have been pushed into the lower right corner but they are slowly gaining territory and have many ships in their territory (probably over 100 k's and a dozen I's roaming around in there with hundreds of fighters). Honestly, I am afraid to go check lol.

MiFoludek
x3tc

Post by MiFoludek » Mon, 10. May 21, 09:47

Hello,

I think it is the bug - the same variable is defined twice with missing reference to ships jobs (v6.7)
<!-- Turn on additional Court Carriers? 0 for No, 1 for Yes -->
<set_value name="$activatecourtcar" exact="0" />
<!-- Turn on additional Court Carriers for defense? 0 for No, 1 for Yes -->
<!-- NOT ACTIVE RIGHT NOW --><set_value name="$activatecourtcar" exact="0" />
BR

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”