[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Szynszyl
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 6.8

Post by Szynszyl » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 22:16

Ok thx

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Tue, 26. Apr 22, 01:16

BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 12. Apr 22, 20:47

It is intended to be a slow process as the game isn't intended to be played quickly. However, if you ignore the Xenon for a long period of time, they will start to snowball.
I have to disagree. Last interesting game I made was in V3.3. Starting in Zyarth patriarchy which is an excentred place, so not very good for business. Argon + antigone + xenons were all destroyed in 5 day and 19 hours. The real snowball is player. Now It would be a bit more long, since egosoft is mistaking between make game harder and make game longer (and boring). However it would take only a few more days. If player make it is job correctly it is a race against time, and only the first days are importants.

Gonzaiez
x4

Post by Gonzaiez » Tue, 26. Apr 22, 16:20

Ever week I log in to see if theirs been an update to fowc with the newest faction. Argon and teladi keeping wiping the syndicate.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 26. Apr 22, 18:03

Gonzaiez wrote:
Tue, 26. Apr 22, 16:20
Ever week I log in to see if theirs been an update to fowc with the newest faction. Argon and teladi keeping wiping the syndicate.
If I have time this weekend I will try to update it.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 26. Apr 22, 18:03

Malchar wrote:
Tue, 26. Apr 22, 01:16
BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 12. Apr 22, 20:47

It is intended to be a slow process as the game isn't intended to be played quickly. However, if you ignore the Xenon for a long period of time, they will start to snowball.
I have to disagree. Last interesting game I made was in V3.3. Starting in Zyarth patriarchy which is an excentred place, so not very good for business. Argon + antigone + xenons were all destroyed in 5 day and 19 hours. The real snowball is player. Now It would be a bit more long, since egosoft is mistaking between make game harder and make game longer (and boring). However it would take only a few more days. If player make it is job correctly it is a race against time, and only the first days are importants.
Well, all I can say is that is your opinion. I don't agree, I never experienced any boring games when I play.

TehGM
x4

Post by TehGM » Sat, 30. Apr 22, 11:17

I have a different query.

Xenon in my game are getting out of hand a little too fast now, so I wanted to adjust values a bit. Up until now I assumed that simply changing values will have effect on existing save, but I no longer think this is the case. I learned how cues work because I had to partially rewrite Constant Corruption mod I found on Nexus, so now I know they're triggered once only, unless a new version exists.

So I tried to change version of Settings cue to 2. In addition I also used patch directive, with notification just for my own confirmation. But well, it didn't pop up.

Code: Select all

<patch sinceversion="1">
	<set_value name="$activateXenfighter" exact="2" />
	<set_value name="$activatemoreXenonCaps" exact="0" />
	<show_notification text="'=== FOCW Settings updated to version 2 ==='"/>
	<write_to_logbook category="tips" title="'FOCW'" text="'FOCW Settings updated to version 2.'" />
</patch>
Do you have any recommended way for updating these values? Maybe I'm perhaps missing something.
X Language Changer - a quick way to change language in X2 and X3 games

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 30. Apr 22, 15:06

TehGM wrote:
Sat, 30. Apr 22, 11:17
I have a different query.

Xenon in my game are getting out of hand a little too fast now, so I wanted to adjust values a bit. Up until now I assumed that simply changing values will have effect on existing save, but I no longer think this is the case. I learned how cues work because I had to partially rewrite Constant Corruption mod I found on Nexus, so now I know they're triggered once only, unless a new version exists.

So I tried to change version of Settings cue to 2. In addition I also used patch directive, with notification just for my own confirmation. But well, it didn't pop up.

<patch sinceversion="1">
	<set_value name="$activateXenfighter" exact="2" />
	<set_value name="$activatemoreXenonCaps" exact="0" />
	<show_notification text="'=== FOCW Settings updated to version 2 ==='"/>
	<write_to_logbook category="tips" title="'FOCW'" text="'FOCW Settings updated to version 2.'" />
</patch>
Do you have any recommended way for updating these values? Maybe I'm perhaps missing something.
I am not sure exactly what you are asking, the way it works is that it is just setting a quota and periodically it will order a new fleet. When the script fires, it orders 1 fleet/squadron. The settings just sets the upper limit of how many it will order over time (or the makeup of the fleet as there are a couple of different configurations). It isn't the same as activating a job. If you activate a job, it will stay activated until you shut it off so unless you shut it off, it would keep activating. That isn't how this works though. This mod doesn't use the job system like the base game does, it just orders a fleet which is set up in the jobs file as a one time order as long as the quota has not been reached. The numbers aren't exact, but close to it (as it could order 1 or 2 additional fleets than it intended, etc.). Each time the cue fires it checks the quota number set (or the types of fleets) and the quota number is set each time the game is loaded, like so

<cue name="Settings" instantiate="true" version="1">
			<conditions>
				 <check_any>
					 <event_cue_signalled cue="md.Setup.Start"/>
					 <event_game_loaded/>
This cue is checked at setup.start and at game loaded. So if you edit the numbers and load up your save it will reflect the new number.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Sun, 1. May 22, 07:09

hello, question regarding this mod.

will there be in game settings somehow to configure this mod ?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 1. May 22, 14:28

Halpog wrote:
Sun, 1. May 22, 07:09

Hey, I have never done UI stuff honestly so I doubt I will. I would have to learn how to do it and it just sounds like a lot of work. If it was simple, I might do it, but I feel like it wouldn't be that simple.

Gonzaiez
x4

Post by Gonzaiez » Sun, 1. May 22, 19:41

Hey just passing by to see if the mod been updated. It's okie real life comes first. :wink:

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Sun, 1. May 22, 23:00

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 1. May 22, 14:28
Halpog wrote:

Hey, I have never done UI stuff honestly so I doubt I will. I would have to learn how to do it and it just sounds like a lot of work. If it was simple, I might do it, but I feel like it wouldn't be that simple.
i have absolutly no idea about it :) to be honest, i asked because it would be easier for me to setup the mod, instead of reading through an XML file after all :P because already the stuff at the xml file is verry confusing for me

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 2. May 22, 14:45

Halpog wrote:
Sun, 1. May 22, 23:00
BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 1. May 22, 14:28
Halpog wrote:

i have absolutly no idea about it :) to be honest, i asked because it would be easier for me to setup the mod, instead of reading through an XML file after all :P because already the stuff at the xml file is verry confusing for me
People have asked before but I just don't have the time to look into UI modding and figuring it out. Anyway, the xml file isn't very confusing for the most part. You don't need to look below the configuration options at the top. Meaning, for most players, just setting the options to what you want is enough. Meaning, putting a 0 or a 1 or whatever it says in the appropriate spot is enough for the majority of people. Those who know a little more can play with the configuration more if they want to fine tune things but that isn't something you have to do.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 2. May 22, 14:45

Gonzaiez wrote:
Sun, 1. May 22, 19:41
Hey just passing by to see if the mod been updated. It's okie real life comes first. :wink:
Sorry, I had too many things going on.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Sun, 12. Jun 22, 15:36

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 2. May 22, 14:45
Gonzaiez wrote:
I'm having a problem with setting up this mod.
The only strings i've changed are:
- activateXencapital = 2
- activateallfactionscap = 1
Universe experience enormous amounts of class-I battleship attacks. 5-10 Xen.I's per half an hour.
As I understand, one of the mods (VRO, Faction Enhancer, XR Shippack) have changed basic Xen.K parties to Xen.I parties and FOCW multiplied these parties. Right?
Is there any way to leave these Xen.I parties without multiplication, but multiply only Xen.K parties?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 12. Jun 22, 17:26

ScandyNav wrote:
Sun, 12. Jun 22, 15:36
BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 2. May 22, 14:45
Gonzaiez wrote:
I'm having a problem with setting up this mod.
The only strings i've changed are:
- activateXencapital = 2
- activateallfactionscap = 1
Universe experience enormous amounts of class-I battleship attacks. 5-10 Xen.I's per half an hour.
As I understand, one of the mods (VRO, Faction Enhancer, XR Shippack) have changed basic Xen.K parties to Xen.I parties and FOCW multiplied these parties. Right?
Is there any way to leave these Xen.I parties without multiplication, but multiply only Xen.K parties?
That isn't how it works. The fleets/ships added by FOCW have nothing to do with any other mod. The fleets/ships I add are only part of FOCW. If all you did was activate those 2 settings then it would only add a small amount of new fleets. Your problem is most likely with XR shippack which adds its own job fleets. Just the two settings you activated wouldn't even add Xenon I fleets I think, that is a different setting.

I would recommend deleting the jobs.xml file in XRshippack. It is not needed and in my opinion isn't well balanced.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Sun, 12. Jun 22, 17:50

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 12. Jun 22, 17:26
I would recommend deleting the jobs.xml file in XRshippack. It is not needed and in my opinion isn't well balanced.
But in this case all new ships added by XRshippack will not be used by NPCs?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 12. Jun 22, 18:23

ScandyNav wrote:
Sun, 12. Jun 22, 17:50
BlackRain wrote:
But in this case all new ships added by XRshippack will not be used by NPCs?
That depends on how the ships are set up. If the ships are set up correctly then the factions should still build them. Jobs builds ships based on tags, so if the ships have the proper tags, it should select them when building. It is up to you whether to use it or not. I am just telling you that it is the XRshippack which is causing all of the Xenon I fleets and such.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Sun, 12. Jun 22, 18:30

BlackRain wrote:
That isn't how it works.
Are you sure ? Imagine I make a mod which change the k macro with something like

<diff> 
<replace sel="//macros/macro[@name='ship_xen_xl_destroyer_01_a_macro']">

<macro name="ship_xen_xl_carrier_01_a_macro" class="ship_xl"> 
.... and all after is the xenon I macro

Depending If I make it load before or after your mod I could change all K your mod fields in xenon I, no ?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 12. Jun 22, 20:04

Malchar wrote:
Sun, 12. Jun 22, 18:30
BlackRain wrote:
That isn't how it works.
Are you sure ? Imagine I make a mod which change the k macro with something like

<diff> 
<replace sel="//macros/macro[@name='ship_xen_xl_destroyer_01_a_macro']">

<macro name="ship_xen_xl_carrier_01_a_macro" class="ship_xl"> 
.... and all after is the xenon I macro

Depending If I make it load before or after your mod I could change all K your mod fields in xenon I, no ?
My mod isn't a multiplier for other mod's ships is why I said "This isn't how it works." This mod only touches the ships that it adds itself. You can change which ships by editing the scripts of course, but my point was that it doesn't change anything about other mods. It isn't some ship multiplier for all job ships. You can multiply the amount of fleets and ships built and change what kind of ships/fleets are built, etc. by editing FOCW though.

Anyway, I am not sure what point you are trying to make here.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Sun, 12. Jun 22, 20:24

My point is simply --> if a mod change xenon K in xenon I, then your mod add xenon k,your mod will be really add xenon I instead of K.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”