[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Grom Alith

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 6.7

Post by Grom Alith » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 18:29

BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 19. Oct 21, 16:09
By the way, how do you know Terrans reached their cap limit? From my observations, factions don't usually expand or go out to do stuff unless they have enough ships. Did you try supplying the shipyard and wharf with lots of resources? They might be short on one or two.
Yes, I supply the shipyard and It was almost full of all resources. I watched the shipyard for 3-4 hours in SETA mode, and during all this time they did not build a single ship. For some reason Terrans only defend their sectors, very rarely they attack random Xenon sectors with a single carrier or one Asgard. This is with DeadAir AI Tweaks

Most of the Xenon shipyards in my game look like this:

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 21:19

Grom Alith wrote:
Wed, 20. Oct 21, 18:29
BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 19. Oct 21, 16:09
By the way, how do you know Terrans reached their cap limit? From my observations, factions don't usually expand or go out to do stuff unless they have enough ships. Did you try supplying the shipyard and wharf with lots of resources? They might be short on one or two.
Yes, I supply the shipyard and It was almost full of all resources. I watched the shipyard for 3-4 hours in SETA mode, and during all this time they did not build a single ship. For some reason Terrans only defend their sectors, very rarely they attack random Xenon sectors with a single carrier or one Asgard. This is with DeadAir AI Tweaks

Most of the Xenon shipyards in my game look like this:
Hm, well it is hard for me to see what is going on in your game. I am not experiencing this at all.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 23:54

Edit ; I though first, a global cap may exist in the game, for AI controled ships, but after a test with extravagant values, it seems there is none.

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 00:26

[ external image ]
Grom Alith wrote:
Tue, 19. Oct 21, 21:04
I just tested a new save without Faction Enhancer, FOCW and VRO only - same result (10 hours in seta mode). Terrans reached their cap limit and stopped building new large ships. They only attack Xenon sectors with one or two Tokyo carriers, while all other fleets just patrol the home sectors.
There are some reports on the Faction Enhancer War Module steam page talking about your issue in 4.1.

Ships patrolling and not invading sector.

Edit:

I've started a new game without FE and it seems to be working fine.

There is a I and A Honshu in Getsu Fune almost at the start.

https://i.imgur.com/PACmCpa.png
Last edited by Terre on Thu, 21. Oct 21, 07:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 20:04

Just a report on my game so people see that things are happening and how well.

Currently, the Xenon have become a serious galactic threat and all factions have temporarily allied to push them back (I made them ally).

Originally, Antigone and Argon were in a bad situation because of their war with Trinity. Xenon had taken Frontier Edge and were on the verge of taking the Void. They are also about to take over Hatikvah's choice with only the HAT Trading station left in there. They were also about to fully take over Company regard with very few stations left there and even Getsu Fune was in danger of being lost. They have even taken both sectors of Litany of Fury. Every faction (Terran, Zyarch, Trinity, Teladi, Antigone, and Argon) have all allied up temporarily and are now pushing the Xenon back with my help. I am defending The Void, Terran fleets moved into the Void and even into Hatikvah's choice to fight the Xenon. Trinity have just moved a very large fleet to help Company Regard while also helping to defend Antigone and Argon space. As for the Split, they are too busy fighting the Curbs and defending their own space.

I am trying to help Antigone and Argon get back on their feet now.

All in all, things are going swell! Time to fight back the Xenon menace and restore galactic peace (temporarily until they start fighting again).

By the way, this save is just about at the 4 day mark so you can see the time frame of all of this.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 10:04

Dont take it bad, but it is less than in v3.3.

Usually in 2 days, all that was between emperor pride and two grands was ruled by xenons, except, most time, a dominion. It was usually Zyarth Four. On the other side, fire of defeat and famly tkr were xenons, sometime one turuk end cluster as well.

Ianamus zura was xenons, and teladi HQ destroyed. More on the south, company reward was quickly overunned, then hewa, and the teladi trade station destroyed. Hatikvah was xenon or a bloddy battlefield. My memory is on default for usual void fate.

Sometime xenon raided behind the line up to dark sun. On the other side, such raids was often a xenon I affair. When It occured, bright promise was sacked, and the maintenance bay destroyed, then it was the 2 shipyards at profit center alpha.

Usually three destoyer fleets or more were needed, between Hours 50 and hours 60 to stop the xenons. usually shock points were at Hatkivah, bright promise, trinity III and profit center alpha. Situation was a bit different for the splits, who are excentred.

At the end an industrial magnat player was able to crush any ennemy, xenon or not around day 6, alone.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 13:41

Malchar wrote:
Mon, 25. Oct 21, 10:04
Dont take it bad, but it is less than in v3.3.

Usually in 2 days, all that was between emperor pride and two grands was ruled by xenons, except, most time, a dominion. It was usually Zyarth Four. On the other side, fire of defeat and famly tkr were xenons, sometime one turuk end cluster as well.

Ianamus zura was xenons, and teladi HQ destroyed. More on the south, company reward was quickly overunned, then hewa, and the teladi trade station destroyed. Hatikvah was xenon or a bloddy battlefield. My memory is on default for usual void fate.

Sometime xenon raided behind the line up to dark sun. On the other side, such raids was often a xenon I affair. When It occured, bright promise was sacked, and the maintenance bay destroyed, then it was the 2 shipyards at profit center alpha.

Usually three destoyer fleets or more were needed, between Hours 50 and hours 60 to stop the xenons. usually shock points were at Hatkivah, bright promise, trinity III and profit center alpha. Situation was a bit different for the splits, who are excentred.

At the end an industrial magnat player was able to crush any ennemy, xenon or not around day 6, alone.
I don't take it bad, but I also played every version of X4 and that was never my experience. Maybe you were using faction enhancer, but I always use VRO with vanilla factionlogic and this game is pretty consistent with what I have always seen. Also, what you describe is definitely not what I would want in my game. We also seem to play very differently, I have games that are 10 days long and I never felt I could just crush everyone despite have a couple of powerful fleets. I always spend my time building up my own territory though, terraforming and building up infrastructure, etc. I like to play as if I am building up a country of my own.

Grom Alith

Post by Grom Alith » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 16:41

OOS combat in current patch is completely broken. Even VRO cannot fix it.
Here is one example from my save (VRO + FOCW): Even after 30 real minutes in SETA mode, this battle continues with 0 damage to large ships. On the map when OOS, all battles look very strange, all the ships are just spinning non-stop. When I teleport to the ship nearby, this battle ends in a couple of minutes.

viewtopic.php?f=180&t=442483
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=441272
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=442693

I really love X4 idea of a dynamic and living universe. I hope devs will fix it soon
Last edited by Terre on Mon, 25. Oct 21, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 17:55

Grom Alith wrote:
Mon, 25. Oct 21, 16:41
OOS combat in current patch is completely broken. Even VRO cannot fix it.
Here is one example from my save (VRO + FOCW): Even after 30 real minutes in SETA mode, this battle continues with 0 damage to large ships. On the map when OOS, all battles look very strange, all the ships are just spinning non-stop. When I teleport to the ship nearby, this battle ends in a couple of minutes.

viewtopic.php?f=180&t=442483
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=441272
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=442693

I really love X4 idea of a dynamic and living universe. I hope devs will fix it soon
Oh, there is still some OOS problems for sure, these are bugs that can't just be edited away. There are some fundamental problems, but at least it is playable (IMO) with VRO. Or at least, I have been enjoying it just fine so far despite the bugs and yeah for my own fleets, I always stay IS

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 20:56

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 25. Oct 21, 13:41
Also, what you describe is definitely not what I would want in my game. We also seem to play very differently
It is strange you say that, and made a mod supposed to confrant the world to a xenon apocalypse. The other thing is ; you described your game as a universe threatened by a serious xenon menace, that need all the universe to ally against it. Really it seems to have a lot of emphasis and a very little menace.
Yes I was playing with faction enhancer at the v3.xx. However it is not the faction logic that made xenons so agressivly successful. It is a behaviour I saw again with mods including VRO. It is just, at this time, Xenons havre no more the punch to launch such offensives.
We also seem to play very differently
Probably. I m mostly in business/management. Most of fights are OOS. I try to build a strong logistic and overhelm ennemies with massive attack.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 22:19

Malchar wrote:
Mon, 25. Oct 21, 20:56
BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 25. Oct 21, 13:41
Also, what you describe is definitely not what I would want in my game. We also seem to play very differently
It is strange you say that, and made a mod supposed to confrant the world to a xenon apocalypse. The other thing is ; you described your game as a universe threatened by a serious xenon menace, that need all the universe to ally against it. Really it seems to have a lot of emphasis and a very little menace.
Yes I was playing with faction enhancer at the v3.xx. However it is not the faction logic that made xenons so agressivly successful. It is a behaviour I saw again with mods including VRO. It is just, at this time, Xenons havre no more the punch to launch such offensives.
We also seem to play very differently
Probably. I m mostly in business/management. Most of fights are OOS. I try to build a strong logistic and overhelm ennemies with massive attack.
I never made any kind of advertisement about making the game into a Xenon menace, my mod just provides options for additional ships. So yeah, the Xenon could become a menace depending on the situation in each game. Giving them more ships means a lot if they can build them and continuously expand, but if they can't build more ships it won't do much at all. My thing was always making the game have a different progression in the sense that over time, the fleets continue to be ordered and built (assuming the economy can handle it).

Faction logic has everything to do with how the Xenon expand and conquer, etc. It has nothing to do with VRO. VRO doesn't touch how the AI functions, it does balance changes and stuff to ships/weapons, etc. OOS combat issues are of course messing the Xenon up currently, but it is also affecting all factions so I don't know if that is giving any advantage/disadvantage to Xenon though.

Faction enhancer would have made the Xenon much more powerful and made them more likely to expand and their economy would be stronger which means more ships. This would have a huge impact on the overall game. It wouldn't have been as bad if you had used vanilla factionlogic.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Tue, 26. Oct 21, 02:48

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 25. Oct 21, 22:19
I never made any kind of advertisement about making the game into a Xenon menace
Currently, the Xenon have become a serious galactic threat and all factions have temporarily allied to push them back

The subject about the current game you described, not the mod in general.
Faction logic has everything to do with how the Xenon expand and conquer, etc. It has nothing to do with VRO.
May be I was unclear. I will re write the sentence : Yes I used faction enhancer at the V3.xx, but I think it is not faction enhancer faction logic that made xenons so successful. I experienced similar experience at X4 and VRO, modified, but without faction enhancer, nor any mod replaceing or modifying genuine faction logic. Simply, right now, xenons, lack of punch/power to reach their targets.
Faction enhancer would have made the Xenon much more powerful ... It wouldn't have been as bad if you had used vanilla factionlogic.
:? :o V3.xx game situation I described was not bad, It was wonderful.

Now FOCW is a fine addition in the way, it is close of difficulty cursor many peoples wished to see at X4 (it seems X4 dev are completly in opposition with such feature). It is why, I m a bit surprised your wish is a cool game where you are sure you cant be defeated. it the story of the pacifist gun dealer :mrgreen:

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 26. Oct 21, 04:25

Malchar wrote:
Tue, 26. Oct 21, 02:48
BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 25. Oct 21, 22:19
I never made any kind of advertisement about making the game into a Xenon menace
Currently, the Xenon have become a serious galactic threat and all factions have temporarily allied to push them back

The subject about the current game you described, not the mod in general.
Faction logic has everything to do with how the Xenon expand and conquer, etc. It has nothing to do with VRO.
May be I was unclear. I will re write the sentence : Yes I used faction enhancer at the V3.xx, but I think it is not faction enhancer faction logic that made xenons so successful. I experienced similar experience at X4 and VRO, modified, but without faction enhancer, nor any mod replaceing or modifying genuine faction logic. Simply, right now, xenons, lack of punch/power to reach their targets.
Faction enhancer would have made the Xenon much more powerful ... It wouldn't have been as bad if you had used vanilla factionlogic.
:? :o V3.xx game situation I described was not bad, It was wonderful.

Now FOCW is a fine addition in the way, it is close of difficulty cursor many peoples wished to see at X4 (it seems X4 dev are completly in opposition with such feature). It is why, I m a bit surprised your wish is a cool game where you are sure you cant be defeated. it the story of the pacifist gun dealer :mrgreen:
I just like a slow progression, I don’t want to rush anything. If other people want more chaos that is cool.

I wrote that stuff a long time ago, the description. X4 was different at that time lol. Nonetheless it isn’t entirely wrong because Xenon can get very powerful. Like I said, in my game they are beginning to cause havoc and I need to take a larger role since they are killing trade.

Grom Alith

Post by Grom Alith » Sat, 13. Nov 21, 14:02

I found an issue with the option "Additional Xenon Miners and Xenon Energy Transport" They are usually destroyed immediately after leaving the home sector, so this is an almost endless loop for Xenon mining and transport ships. The same issue with some combat ships. This is a huge waste of resources for Xenon faction.
Last edited by Terre on Sat, 13. Nov 21, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 14. Nov 21, 02:09

Grom Alith wrote:
Sat, 13. Nov 21, 14:02
I found an issue with the option "Additional Xenon Miners and Xenon Energy Transport" They are usually destroyed immediately after leaving the home sector, so this is an almost endless loop for Xenon mining and transport ships. The same issue with some combat ships. This is a huge waste of resources for Xenon faction.
Hey, what exactly is the issue? I mean, they act the same exact way that Xenon ships normally act. They are a very small drain on resources for Xenon (it isn't like the extra ships are being built constantly). Only a certain amount get built and only 1 is ordered every several minutes or so. Even if one hour passes, only a few would be ordered from the additional options. They are normally building these ships regardless, this just increases the amount.

Grom Alith

Post by Grom Alith » Sun, 14. Nov 21, 13:13

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 14. Nov 21, 02:09
Hey, what exactly is the issue? I mean, they act the same exact way that Xenon ships normally act.
As you can see in my screenshots, a ship built in Atiya's Misfortune was ordered to mine resources in Emperor's Pride VI, even if there is no safe way to get there.

Now I see that this is a problem with factionslogic, not a mod. I just tested it again with FE and this issue with mining ships is no longer here.

ranOutOfNames

Post by ranOutOfNames » Tue, 16. Nov 21, 22:43

Sorry for the noobish questions, but the last game I really played was terran conflict, and without extensions. I would like to pick it up again if I find a type of game I like.
There are a few questions I would like to ask, but I will start with the basics: starting it up.

1) in WIndows the extension complains that I need Cradle oF Humanity. But I do have Cradle of Humanity. Is that normal? How do I solve it?
2) in Linux it doesn't see the extension at all. Is the location to put it in ~/.config/EgoSoft/X4/79257070/extensions?

Thank you in advance

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 01:11

ranOutOfNames wrote:
Tue, 16. Nov 21, 22:43
Sorry for the noobish questions, but the last game I really played was terran conflict, and without extensions. I would like to pick it up again if I find a type of game I like.
There are a few questions I would like to ask, but I will start with the basics: starting it up.

1) in WIndows the extension complains that I need Cradle oF Humanity. But I do have Cradle of Humanity. Is that normal? How do I solve it?
2) in Linux it doesn't see the extension at all. Is the location to put it in ~/.config/EgoSoft/X4/79257070/extensions?

Thank you in advance
Honestly, I am not sure about these issues. I don't deal with linux much and no idea about the first issue. Hopefully someone knows the answer.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 04:35

ranOutOfNames wrote:
Tue, 16. Nov 21, 22:43

Thank you in advance
Try several options.

1) For Linux, change the case of letters to lowercase.

Code: Select all

FOCW  to focw
For Linux, all folder and files names must be in lowercase.

Most likely, after changing the case of letters in the name of the mod folder, the errors will disappear without additional manipulation.

2) Open content.xml file and change false to true

<dependency name="Cradle of Humanity" id="ego_dlc_terran" optional="false"/>
 <dependency name="Split Vendetta" id="ego_dlc_split" optional="false"/>
or

comment out these lines

<!-- <dependency name="Cradle of Humanity" id="ego_dlc_terran" optional="true"/>
 <dependency name="Split Vendetta" id="ego_dlc_split" optional="true"/> -->
All mods must be located in the root folder of the game - extensions

ranOutOfNames

Post by ranOutOfNames » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 18:16

alexalsp wrote:
Wed, 17. Nov 21, 04:35
1) For Linux, change the case of letters to lowercase.
Thanks, that worked. Now I can see it, but with the same problem: Cradle of Humanity is missing.
Somehow the image is not shown, so here is the link to a screenshot of the relevant part of the screen:

https://postimg.cc/7fzqLGK4

This is on Linux
alexalsp wrote:
Wed, 17. Nov 21, 04:35
2) Open content.xml file and change false to true
Yea, about that, I understood from your reactions that this problem is not usual, and I was thinking of reinstalling the game, but I have it now in Windows and Linux.
Am I the only one with the problem?
If no, why are these values in the xml set to false?

I mean, I have both DLCs, why should I set it to true? Will it change anything?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”