[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Malchar
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 6.7

Post by Malchar » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 23:14

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 18. Oct 21, 20:43
That is why I am curious what the issue is. I have tested this game so many times and had games that were ten to twenty days long in many different versions of the game. Currently, I am almost 2 days into a new game and the activity I am seeing with the Xenon is just fine.
I m curious too ; in your many tests, since you play V4.xx, what are the sectors effectivly owned at start by a faction, xenons were able to conquire ?

For me, I stop test about middle of day 5, simply because at this time players is usually able to crush the entire universe.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 01:13

Malchar wrote:
Mon, 18. Oct 21, 23:14
BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 18. Oct 21, 20:43
That is why I am curious what the issue is. I have tested this game so many times and had games that were ten to twenty days long in many different versions of the game. Currently, I am almost 2 days into a new game and the activity I am seeing with the Xenon is just fine.
I m curious too ; in your many tests, since you play V4.xx, what are the sectors effectivly owned at start by a faction, xenons were able to conquire ?

For me, I stop test about middle of day 5, simply because at this time players is usually able to crush the entire universe.
You can crush the entire universe at day 5? Wow, you must be amazing or playing in a very different way from me. I am almost 2 days in and have maybe 4 or 5 small factories and a small fleet of ships. It will be a long time before I can "crush" the galaxy. Actually, even at more than ten days I had only conquered some of the Xenon sectors as I continuously build up my infrastructure and fleets. I never thought I could conquer the galaxy despite having a few strong fleets as most of the factions were usually of decent strength but I also didn't try to do so either.

As for which Xenon sectors usually get conquered, it is usually Both of Turquoise sea, Company Regard, Frontier's edge, both Litany of fury and sometimes Wretched skies X, sometimes family tkr. Basically they go out 1 or 2 sectors from their existing controlled sectors by the time I have enough firepower to usually keep them locked into those places and not coming out. To me, that is pretty good. I know some people are looking for the Xenon dominating the entire galaxy type of game, but I am satisfied with these results.

Also, the Xenon keep sending lots of ships in to raid sectors even if they don't take them over.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 01:48

I just want to say that right now, Getsu Fune and The Void are under heavy attack by the Xenon which is trying to take both.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 02:54

Getsu fune is an ownerless sector at start. With VRO, in the three party fight antigone-terran-xenon, it turn mostly (not to say always) at terran advantage. You will tell us what happens with FOCW.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 03:16

Malchar wrote:
Tue, 19. Oct 21, 02:54
Getsu fune is an ownerless sector at start. With VRO, in the three party fight antigone-terran-xenon, it turn mostly (not to say always) at terran advantage. You will tell us what happens with FOCW.
It was an ownerless start yes, but the Terrans had taken it over, building a couple of defense stations and had a fleet or two there. Now the Xenon are moving in. They are also moving into The Void, almost took out the Trading station and another station.

Sixters
x4

Post by Sixters » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 14:10

That "slow built-up" feeling is probably the thing i love the most with FOCW.
I'm yet to try on V4.0 because i'm less than a day ingame of my new playtrough.

Before this, i always feeled like Xenons are powerbullying the galaxy before i even get to play, often destroying half of teladi before i can even afford my first XL ship, rekting the hell out of both splits factions, blocking me huge chunk of the galaxy by invading Hatikvah's choice 1, fire of defeat then tharkas' ravine XXIV, and so on. Eventually slowly overcome Argon's defenses lines too... Most of the time it seemed like only the Pontifex was strong enough to not be anihiliated before i can do anything to help. Was so frustrating for me to then being able to play with only 40% of the galaxy alive to interact with :D

I set every slider to the max (exept the one for attacking player owned sectors), gonna have to check and maybe nerf a bit Terran to be sure they does not roll on the galaxy with too much ease, even if i'm a terran cadet... As always gonna need some fine tuning but i love my galaxy filled with numerous ships and cataclismic wars :)

Grom Alith

Post by Grom Alith » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 15:38

I am using FOCW and Faction Enhancer with all settings to maximum and I noticed something strange with the faction logic while watching the Terran and Xenon factions.

Terrans keep huge fleets in every sector, while only a few ships are fighting at the front with Xenons and other enemies.

And I noticed that all the stations have become very powerful, I just saw one station kill hundreds of Xenon ships, even K can't do any damage. All factions simply make non-stop suicide attacks and lose the entire attacking fleet trying to deal with one enemy station.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 16:09

Grom Alith wrote:
Tue, 19. Oct 21, 15:38
I am using FOCW and Faction Enhancer with all settings to maximum and I noticed something strange with the faction logic while watching the Terran and Xenon factions.

Terrans keep huge fleets in every sector, while only a few ships are fighting at the front with Xenons and other enemies.

And I noticed that all the stations have become very powerful, I just saw one station kill hundreds of Xenon ships, even K can't do any damage. All factions simply make non-stop suicide attacks and lose the entire attacking fleet trying to deal with one enemy station.
Well as far as Faction logic is concerned, this would be an issue with Faction Enhancer. I set up all Terran ships to use the faction logic so they should be getting used by it (which is controlled by faction enhancer in your case). I don't use Faction enhancer at all so I don't know what could be happening in this case. Also, when did you start your game? Is it a recent new game? As for stations being too powerful, this is an issue with 4.0+ of X4 from what I have heard. I use VRO which has extensive changes to stations and ships so I haven't noticed any issue with stations so far. Might be because of a vanilla issue

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 17:32

Grom Alith wrote:
Tue, 19. Oct 21, 15:38
I'm having the same issue as well.

I was thinking about not using Faction Enhancer anymore since I don't think it's really needed anymore for the few last version of the game.

At first, I thought it was something immersive like having some patrol in sector but they don't really do anything and are never use so it's propably an issue with Faction Enhancer since it'll impact the logic.

Grom Alith

Post by Grom Alith » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 21:04

BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 19. Oct 21, 16:09
Also, when did you start your game? Is it a recent new game?
I started this save one month ago (Patch 4.1) and according to the game statistics I played 3 days and 7 hours.

I just tested a new save without Faction Enhancer, FOCW and VRO only - same result (10 hours in seta mode). Terrans reached their cap limit and stopped building new large ships. They only attack Xenon sectors with one or two Tokyo carriers, while all other fleets just patrol the home sectors.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 21:57

Grom Alith wrote:
Tue, 19. Oct 21, 21:04
BlackRain wrote:
I started this save one month ago (Patch 4.1) and according to the game statistics I played 3 days and 7 hours.

I just tested a new save without Faction Enhancer, FOCW and VRO only - same result (10 hours in seta mode). Terrans reached their cap limit and stopped building new large ships. They only attack Xenon sectors with one or two Tokyo carriers, while all other fleets just patrol the home sectors.

Terrans attacking Xenon sectors is a different logic than faction logic and that should be the expeditionary stuff. Either way, FOCW doesn't change faction logic or the expeditionary stuff at all. Sounds like a weird issue, I mean it looks fine to me when I am playing. Are there any other mods you are using? Try Deadair AI (I use that) and it allows factions to use ships farther away when doing things.

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 23:14

BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 19. Oct 21, 21:57
Try Deadair AI (I use that) and it allows factions to use ships farther away when doing things.
Any Deadair mods you would recommend in conjunction with FOCW ?

Grom Alith

Post by Grom Alith » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 00:53

Try Deadair AI (I use that) and it allows factions to use ships farther away when doing things.
Thank you so much for your mod and answers

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 01:13

Mystershow wrote:
Tue, 19. Oct 21, 23:14
BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 19. Oct 21, 21:57
Any Deadair mods you would recommend in conjunction with FOCW ?
I only use the AI one and that is it for me., they are very minor changes so won't cause any issues

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 01:47

Grom Alith wrote:
BlackRain wrote:

By the way, how do you know Terrans reached their cap limit? From my observations, factions don't usually expand or go out to do stuff unless they have enough ships. Did you try supplying the shipyard and wharf with lots of resources? They might be short on one or two.

For example, I just checked the shipyard in my game for Terrans and they need like 200,000 Metallic Microlattice and like 40,000 Silicon Carbide. This is a huge demand so they won't build many ships until I get these down close to 0. That is the best way to get them moving. Otherwise they won't build ships.

Grom Alith

Post by Grom Alith » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 18:29

BlackRain wrote:
By the way, how do you know Terrans reached their cap limit? From my observations, factions don't usually expand or go out to do stuff unless they have enough ships. Did you try supplying the shipyard and wharf with lots of resources? They might be short on one or two.
Yes, I supply the shipyard and It was almost full of all resources. I watched the shipyard for 3-4 hours in SETA mode, and during all this time they did not build a single ship. For some reason Terrans only defend their sectors, very rarely they attack random Xenon sectors with a single carrier or one Asgard. This is with DeadAir AI Tweaks

Most of the Xenon shipyards in my game look like this:

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 21:19

Grom Alith wrote:
Wed, 20. Oct 21, 18:29
BlackRain wrote:
Yes, I supply the shipyard and It was almost full of all resources. I watched the shipyard for 3-4 hours in SETA mode, and during all this time they did not build a single ship. For some reason Terrans only defend their sectors, very rarely they attack random Xenon sectors with a single carrier or one Asgard. This is with DeadAir AI Tweaks

Most of the Xenon shipyards in my game look like this:
Hm, well it is hard for me to see what is going on in your game. I am not experiencing this at all.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 23:54

Edit ; I though first, a global cap may exist in the game, for AI controled ships, but after a test with extravagant values, it seems there is none.

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 00:26

[ external image ]
Grom Alith wrote:
There are some reports on the Faction Enhancer War Module steam page talking about your issue in 4.1.

Ships patrolling and not invading sector.

Edit:

I've started a new game without FE and it seems to be working fine.

There is a I and A Honshu in Getsu Fune almost at the start.

https://i.imgur.com/PACmCpa.png
Last edited by Terre on Thu, 21. Oct 21, 07:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 20:04

Just a report on my game so people see that things are happening and how well.

Currently, the Xenon have become a serious galactic threat and all factions have temporarily allied to push them back (I made them ally).

Originally, Antigone and Argon were in a bad situation because of their war with Trinity. Xenon had taken Frontier Edge and were on the verge of taking the Void. They are also about to take over Hatikvah's choice with only the HAT Trading station left in there. They were also about to fully take over Company regard with very few stations left there and even Getsu Fune was in danger of being lost. They have even taken both sectors of Litany of Fury. Every faction (Terran, Zyarch, Trinity, Teladi, Antigone, and Argon) have all allied up temporarily and are now pushing the Xenon back with my help. I am defending The Void, Terran fleets moved into the Void and even into Hatikvah's choice to fight the Xenon. Trinity have just moved a very large fleet to help Company Regard while also helping to defend Antigone and Argon space. As for the Split, they are too busy fighting the Curbs and defending their own space.

I am trying to help Antigone and Argon get back on their feet now.

All in all, things are going swell! Time to fight back the Xenon menace and restore galactic peace (temporarily until they start fighting again).

By the way, this save is just about at the 4 day mark so you can see the time frame of all of this.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”