[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 6.5

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 17:42

Midnitewolf wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 17:02
Thinking about using this mod but for whatever reason, I can't seem to get a good understanding of what this mod does from the description.

1) What does it include? For example, I use the mod "RelationshipHaggling" which allows you to bribe factions through the pirate factions to improve your relations. Sounds like this might be incorporated or something similar added in FOCW so if I use FOCW, should I remove this mod due to conflicts/dupilcation?

2) I run the Faction Enhancer mods which appears to possibly do some of the same things as this mod, is FOCW compatible or do I need to choose one or the other?

3) The bulk of this mod just appears to allow you to make fleets bigger and I know there is a diplomacy feature as well but what else does this mod do because I get the impression it is much bigger than just bigger fleets?

4) This mod also mentioned adding new ships or renaming ships, but I am running VRO, XR ShipPack and Ship Variation Expansion all of which also add ships and change names. Does FOCW conflict with any of this?

5) Does this mod help with the declining amount of ships in the galaxy...all the factions in my game seem to be declining in terms of ship strenght and replacing losses at a very low rate if at all?

This mod does not conflict with anything as far as I know.

1) In FOCW Corporations mod, you can speak to a manager of any faction and you can do a variety of things. If you are an ally of the faction you are talking to, you can tell them to have a set relation with another faction (like go to war with). You can talk to a manager of a faction and also pay to improve their relations with another faction if they have lower than 0 relation. So you can pay to bring them to 0 relation. You can speak to one of your own managers on one of your stations and also pay to improve relations with another faction.

FOCW though just has some basic scripts you can edit in the config file to set whatever relations you want. There is no dynamic aspect to it in any way. You just edit the FOCWsetup file to set the number you want for the relation to be. So for example, if you were starting a new game and you wanted certain factions to start out at war, you could set it up in the file that way. You can change relations with the script at any time though. Just turn it on and edit the numbers to what you want. Make sure to follow the directions. This will not conflict with relationshiphaggling.

2) FE works fine with FOCW, but I do not use FE as I feel it rushes conflict. FOCW does not in any way alter the factionlogic. It uses the vanilla faction logic which is actually pretty good with 4.0 in my opinion. The problem with vanilla is that there tends to be less and less fleets/ships over time and that is why it seems like the "AI" is dying or that there is very little conflict going on. However, if a faction has enough ships, you will see plenty of action without any further things needed.

3) This mod adds in fleets and you can customize it in many ways, more so if you know how to edit scripts. However, there are basic options which are easy to change, just open the FOCWSetup file and read instructions. However, it is a bit more complicated than just that, but for how it affects your game it can be explained simply as adding more ships. Basically, I am forcing the ordering of ships. In vanilla, the jobs file has quotas for ships, etc. but these won't necessarily get built. If the shipyards are unable to build ships it can remove them from the queue. This isn't necessarily a problem if a faction is doing well or so the theory should be. However, as anyone can see, the game seems to start "dying" out over time. With this mod, that won't happen as long as the shipyards continue to get resources. If the economy is healthy, you will see just as much action several days into your save as you did right when you started. Maybe even more.

Taking an active role in helping weak economies will also help. In my game, Zyarch was dead but I have been feeding them resources (to the shipyard that is) and they have really come alive and expanded.

In this MOD jobs doesn't do much so if you try to edit jobs, that won't change much. The only thing you can do is if you wanted to add more subordinates or something. That is the only thing that can be changed by editing jobs.

4) FOCW doesn't conflict with anything really. I think the only thing with VRO is you will see every carrier fleet named Argon One, but that is all.

5) This is exactly what it helps with, however, this is still relying on the shipyards having resources. As long as resources are supplied to the faction shipyards, they will build more ships and you will not see a decrease in ships or activity. My universe is humming along and feels alive, but I also take an active role in providing resources. I support the factions I want to see grow and try to keep a good balance of power between the factions while watching them fight their petty wars and I profit lol. I also play one faction against another and such.

Please keep in mind that you are using a lot of heavy intensive scripted mods. VRO alone may see a decreased performance with more ships and also more player stations and such. I was doing a VRO playthrough which was 5 days in but there was noticeable performance decrease but that may be because I had so many large complex stations and you have to provide so many miners and such to run them. I am also running FOCW and FOCW corporations which adds lots of ships. Completely vanilla with FOCW and FOCW corporations does not see any performance decrease on my PC. I really like VRO though, I will need to play around more with it to see if it was just an issue of me fooling around too much with scripts.

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb
x4

Post by Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 20:53

When I load my game I get the 'FOCW has been installed with Split support' message twice. Am I supposed to get those messages every time after loading? And why two? Is one of them may supposed to be for the terran dlc and just has the wrong label? The only thing I did besides changing the config is renaming the root directory to be lowercase, just in case that causes problems with linux, maybe that is somehow causing this?
Iucundi acti labores

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 20:59

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 20:53
When I load my game I get the 'FOCW has been installed with Split support' message twice. Am I supposed to get those messages every time after loading? And why two? Is one of them may supposed to be for the terran dlc and just has the wrong label? The only thing I did besides changing the config is renaming the root directory to be lowercase, just in case that causes problems with linux, maybe that is somehow causing this?
Yeah, that is supposed to happen. It is because of the way I set it up but I should change it in the future.

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 05:40

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 17:42
Midnitewolf wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 17:02
Thinking about using this mod but for whatever reason, I can't seem to get a good understanding of what this mod does from the description.

1) What does it include? For example, I use the mod "RelationshipHaggling" which allows you to bribe factions through the pirate factions to improve your relations. Sounds like this might be incorporated or something similar added in FOCW so if I use FOCW, should I remove this mod due to conflicts/dupilcation?

2) I run the Faction Enhancer mods which appears to possibly do some of the same things as this mod, is FOCW compatible or do I need to choose one or the other?

3) The bulk of this mod just appears to allow you to make fleets bigger and I know there is a diplomacy feature as well but what else does this mod do because I get the impression it is much bigger than just bigger fleets?

4) This mod also mentioned adding new ships or renaming ships, but I am running VRO, XR ShipPack and Ship Variation Expansion all of which also add ships and change names. Does FOCW conflict with any of this?

5) Does this mod help with the declining amount of ships in the galaxy...all the factions in my game seem to be declining in terms of ship strenght and replacing losses at a very low rate if at all?

This mod does not conflict with anything as far as I know.

1) In FOCW Corporations mod, you can speak to a manager of any faction and you can do a variety of things. If you are an ally of the faction you are talking to, you can tell them to have a set relation with another faction (like go to war with). You can talk to a manager of a faction and also pay to improve their relations with another faction if they have lower than 0 relation. So you can pay to bring them to 0 relation. You can speak to one of your own managers on one of your stations and also pay to improve relations with another faction.

FOCW though just has some basic scripts you can edit in the config file to set whatever relations you want. There is no dynamic aspect to it in any way. You just edit the FOCWsetup file to set the number you want for the relation to be. So for example, if you were starting a new game and you wanted certain factions to start out at war, you could set it up in the file that way. You can change relations with the script at any time though. Just turn it on and edit the numbers to what you want. Make sure to follow the directions. This will not conflict with relationshiphaggling.

2) FE works fine with FOCW, but I do not use FE as I feel it rushes conflict. FOCW does not in any way alter the factionlogic. It uses the vanilla faction logic which is actually pretty good with 4.0 in my opinion. The problem with vanilla is that there tends to be less and less fleets/ships over time and that is why it seems like the "AI" is dying or that there is very little conflict going on. However, if a faction has enough ships, you will see plenty of action without any further things needed.

3) This mod adds in fleets and you can customize it in many ways, more so if you know how to edit scripts. However, there are basic options which are easy to change, just open the FOCWSetup file and read instructions. However, it is a bit more complicated than just that, but for how it affects your game it can be explained simply as adding more ships. Basically, I am forcing the ordering of ships. In vanilla, the jobs file has quotas for ships, etc. but these won't necessarily get built. If the shipyards are unable to build ships it can remove them from the queue. This isn't necessarily a problem if a faction is doing well or so the theory should be. However, as anyone can see, the game seems to start "dying" out over time. With this mod, that won't happen as long as the shipyards continue to get resources. If the economy is healthy, you will see just as much action several days into your save as you did right when you started. Maybe even more.

Taking an active role in helping weak economies will also help. In my game, Zyarch was dead but I have been feeding them resources (to the shipyard that is) and they have really come alive and expanded.

In this MOD jobs doesn't do much so if you try to edit jobs, that won't change much. The only thing you can do is if you wanted to add more subordinates or something. That is the only thing that can be changed by editing jobs.

4) FOCW doesn't conflict with anything really. I think the only thing with VRO is you will see every carrier fleet named Argon One, but that is all.

5) This is exactly what it helps with, however, this is still relying on the shipyards having resources. As long as resources are supplied to the faction shipyards, they will build more ships and you will not see a decrease in ships or activity. My universe is humming along and feels alive, but I also take an active role in providing resources. I support the factions I want to see grow and try to keep a good balance of power between the factions while watching them fight their petty wars and I profit lol. I also play one faction against another and such.

Please keep in mind that you are using a lot of heavy intensive scripted mods. VRO alone may see a decreased performance with more ships and also more player stations and such. I was doing a VRO playthrough which was 5 days in but there was noticeable performance decrease but that may be because I had so many large complex stations and you have to provide so many miners and such to run them. I am also running FOCW and FOCW corporations which adds lots of ships. Completely vanilla with FOCW and FOCW corporations does not see any performance decrease on my PC. I really like VRO though, I will need to play around more with it to see if it was just an issue of me fooling around too much with scripts.
Thanks for all the information and I will probably give it a shot. I have a pretty good PC but I got to admit I am starting to see some frames dropped already so who knows how it will go.

Naalei
x4

Post by Naalei » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 15:44

Hi,

I took a look at the scripts and have one question :

In foxwsetup, I found the lines to request new ships and this look like this :

Code: Select all

<find_station name="$TerranShipyard" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" multiple="false">	
	<match canbuildships="true"/> 
	<match owner="faction.terran"/>
</find_station>	
It seems it will match only terran shipyard (in this example for a terran job). So none of the new jobs will be built at the player shipyard right ?

Thx

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 18:42

Naalei wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 15:44
Hi,

I took a look at the scripts and have one question :

In foxwsetup, I found the lines to request new ships and this look like this :

<find_station name="$TerranShipyard" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" multiple="false">	
	<match canbuildships="true"/> 
	<match owner="faction.terran"/>
</find_station>	
It seems it will match only terran shipyard (in this example for a terran job). So none of the new jobs will be built at the player shipyard right ?

Thx
No, that is not true. The find station is just because there needs to be a requester. It doesn't actually mean it is going to build at that specific shipyard. Actually, I Could have made any station a requestor or anything really. It is a little complicated to explain, but basically that is not important. Ships can still be ordered at the player shipyard.

Naalei
x4

Post by Naalei » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 19:57

Ok nice !

Thx a lot for your time :)

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 11:20

Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm back after an year for the new DLC and either things have changed a bit or my memory sucks, and there's something I find unclear in the setup file: some of the races get settings for additional "carrier fleets", others get "defense fleets". For instance, for the Argon you have

<!-- Turn on additional Argon Carrier fleet? 0 for No, 1 for Yes -->				
			<set_value name="$activateargcar" exact="0" />
while for Antigone it's

<!-- Turn on additional Antigone Defense fleet? 0 for No, 1 for Yes -->		
			<set_value name="$activateantcap" exact="0" />
So, what's what? Is it the same thing and it's just a random way of naming them in the comment, just more fleets and then faction logic does whatever it wants with them? Or are they actually two different logics as the naming would seem to imply, one generic given to vanilla faction logic and one defense restricted? In that case why do the Argon only have an "offensive" (or maybe better said "generic") fleet option, and Antigone only a defensive one?

This seem to happen with all factions except the Xenon: they are the only ones with both kind of options, offensive/defensive.

Basically, I'm asking because what I want is to setup the AIs to be - at least at first - more defensively focused, so I don't have to rush the early game to avoid things like the Xenon overwhelming the Split too fast (which I see is still a thing, although not as bad as it was at launch of the previous DLC) but also them being overwhelmed themselves elsewhere. Later on, when I feel comfortable building up to be able to influence the balance of power by supplying goods in large quantities, I'll probably want to add less restricted fleets to see some more dynamic developments on the map screen. These options are a bit confusing though: obviously, I would want to give additional defense fleets to *everyone* to keep the balance, but from the looks of it... I can't because half the factions only have options for (potentially) offensive carrier fleets?

P.S. I also just noticed that while you have an option for Paranid and Holy Horder fleets (again, apparently offensive for the former, and defensive for the latter), and you've added Split dlc/3.0 unique emerging things such as entries for the Court should it emerge due to player choice, you don't seem to have additional fleets for TRI. Does TRI - in case you go that way in the plot - use the Paranid setting, or is it actually missing?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 14:30

Kadatherion wrote:
Wed, 21. Apr 21, 11:20
Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm back after an year for the new DLC and either things have changed a bit or my memory sucks, and there's something I find unclear in the setup file: some of the races get settings for additional "carrier fleets", others get "defense fleets". For instance, for the Argon you have

<!-- Turn on additional Argon Carrier fleet? 0 for No, 1 for Yes -->				
			<set_value name="$activateargcar" exact="0" />
while for Antigone it's

<!-- Turn on additional Antigone Defense fleet? 0 for No, 1 for Yes -->		
			<set_value name="$activateantcap" exact="0" />
So, what's what? Is it the same thing and it's just a random way of naming them in the comment, just more fleets and then faction logic does whatever it wants with them? Or are they actually two different logics as the naming would seem to imply, one generic given to vanilla faction logic and one defense restricted? In that case why do the Argon only have an "offensive" (or maybe better said "generic") fleet option, and Antigone only a defensive one?

This seem to happen with all factions except the Xenon: they are the only ones with both kind of options, offensive/defensive.

Basically, I'm asking because what I want is to setup the AIs to be - at least at first - more defensively focused, so I don't have to rush the early game to avoid things like the Xenon overwhelming the Split too fast (which I see is still a thing, although not as bad as it was at launch of the previous DLC) but also them being overwhelmed themselves elsewhere. Later on, when I feel comfortable building up to be able to influence the balance of power by supplying goods in large quantities, I'll probably want to add less restricted fleets to see some more dynamic developments on the map screen. These options are a bit confusing though: obviously, I would want to give additional defense fleets to *everyone* to keep the balance, but from the looks of it... I can't because half the factions only have options for (potentially) offensive carrier fleets?

P.S. I also just noticed that while you have an option for Paranid and Holy Horder fleets (again, apparently offensive for the former, and defensive for the latter), and you've added Split dlc/3.0 unique emerging things such as entries for the Court should it emerge due to player choice, you don't seem to have additional fleets for TRI. Does TRI - in case you go that way in the plot - use the Paranid setting, or is it actually missing?
The difference is that the Antigone Defense Fleet ships will not be commandeered by factionlogic. What that means is, they won't be used by the factionlogic and will just patrol whatever sector they end up patrolling for defense purposes only. They won't ever leave.

I am glad you pointed this out though because when I Was checking I noticed a mistake I made. I accidentally made all the Antigone fleets not able to be used by factionlogic, whoops. That is not supposed to be the case. Glad I noticed it!

Xenon have specific choices that are separated from others.

For most factions, the activateallfactionscap option turns on most faction ships. That means all the original factions not including DLC's. These would all be fleets and squads that can be controlled by factionlogic. These would be considered "offensive" but they can also be used for defense. The reason why Argon has offensive carrier fleet but antigone has defensive capital fleet is because Antigone doesn't use carriers and I had originally just wanted them to have additional defense fleets that defend their territory rather than go elsewhere but maybe this isn't necessary anymore. Same idea for HOP, but I might just make them useable by factionlogic since the factionlogic isn't so bad anymore.

I did not add Trinity yet, I have been planning to add it soon though.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 20:29

I see, thanks for confirming how it's set up, so I can try and work around its... "limitations" or "disparities" to reach my goal. I'll then probably just activate the basic extra fleets for everyone (and maybe extra defense for HAT only) and then see how it goes and whether it needs an extra nudge here or there. It's something you tend to have to tweak as you go and the galaxy develops, anyway, so no harm done.

Cool for TRI. Not a big issue since it's such a late game - and optional - thing that very few players are going to be toying with them at any one time, but since the novelty with them in 4.0 is actually about being able to make them go back to war against sort of everyone, them being included in FoCW would definitely be useful. Whenever you happen to get into it, no rush :wink:

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 6.6

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 21:17

FOCW Version 6.6
1) Fixed a few minor issues and improved some stuff. Need to replace focwsetup.

Will add in trinity in the next version

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 14:01

archive is not readable. Tried 7-Zip and Peazip. Already searched this thread. Apparently there have been issues like these before but 7-Zip worked back then.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 14:55

Hector0x wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 14:01
archive is not readable. Tried 7-Zip and Peazip. Already searched this thread. Apparently there have been issues like these before but 7-Zip worked back then.
I downloaded v6.6 on Thursday and didn't have a problem extracting it using 7zip. Not had an issue with any of the prior versions either. Don't know what version my 7zip is, but it's certainly not a recent version.

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 14:56

Hector0x wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 14:01
Then why not download winrar? It is free.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 15:19

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 14:56
it was the script blocker plugin on my end. Working now. Thanks guys.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 15:43

Question: what are Xenon carrier's exactly? the I or on very rare occasion an "U" (but i'm not sure if the "U" is from RoR-mod)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 16:44

Berni wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 15:43
Question: what are Xenon carrier's exactly? the I or on very rare occasion an "U" (but i'm not sure if the "U" is from RoR-mod)
Yeah, xenon don't actually have a carrier, I just named them that but it is the I. The U is part of a mod and not part of vanilla.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 17:15

Thanks^^

...is there any way to give my Xenons a jumpstart? with a script maybe to refill all their shipyards and wharfs? i used the build and economic module from FE-mod too long and now all factions are kinda overpowered! for example i have about 60 ANT/ARG stations in Second Contact 2 :o

even 2 I's and a couple of K's won't make it far into enemy territory.

slober
x4

Post by slober » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 19:04

+5 to your Karma !!!

Finally X4 became interesting!!! :)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 00:21

Berni wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 17:15
Thanks^^

...is there any way to give my Xenons a jumpstart? with a script maybe to refill all their shipyards and wharfs? i used the build and economic module from FE-mod too long and now all factions are kinda overpowered! for example i have about 60 ANT/ARG stations in Second Contact 2 :o

even 2 I's and a couple of K's won't make it far into enemy territory.
It is extremely easy for Xenon to fill up their shipyards/wharfs since they only need 3 resources. Just give it some time and their numbers will swell.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”