[Index] X4: Foundations Tools, Tutorials and Resources

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [Index] X4: Foundations Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Post by euclid » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 00:09

Hi StopBanningMe7_III :-)

1. Yes, there are. If you have unpacked all game files then check the libraries folder. You'll find there several xsd files. the common.xsd and md.xsd are most important. For XML scripts check the aiscripts.xsd and in the main root of your unpacked file folder also the scriptproperties.html. More info you can find in the XR S&M forum.

2.As I wrote in the sticky here (I know it's potentially invisible :p ) visual studio is commonly used because it allows XML setup with the under 1. mentioned xsd files in the same location as the to be edited scripts (i.e. the work folder).

3. The ? maps the value to binary, i.e. 0 or 1. if it does not exists or if it does, respectively.

4. The @ maps the value to a Boolean, i.e. false or true, if it does not exists or if it does, respectively.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Meiyo
x4

Post by Meiyo » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 03:46

euclid wrote:1. Yes, there are. If you have unpacked all game files then check the libraries folder. You'll find there several xsd files. the common.xsd and md.xsd are most important. For XML scripts check the aiscripts.xsd and in the main root of your unpacked file folder also the scriptproperties.html. More info you can find in the XR S&M forum.
Thank's for this... I've dont see these files at the first time... (bad unpack ? only aiscript & assets)

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 03:51

I was suggested to ask here so please Euclid, schemas for macros and components:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=404364

Or if those don't exist internally just answer me this, please:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=403612&p=4767089#p4767089

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 04:25

Both of your questions have the same answer: This is an internal resource. I can try and see if this can be made available but no promise here as those are XML/C++ parsers and the usage may violate the EULA.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 14:55

We already have XSDs for a lot of stuff like MD, many of the xmls in libraries, etc. Why would the ones for macros and components be different?

StopBanningMe7_III
x4

Post by StopBanningMe7_III » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 16:54

carmaster wrote:
Tue, 4. Dec 18, 14:55
We already have XSDs for a lot of stuff like MD, many of the xmls in libraries, etc. Why would the ones for macros and components be different?
While I mostly agree, let's be fair here and also agree that this is clearly a legal issue, not a common sense issue, and those two fields of human thought very rarely cross paths. If the schemas have some kind of special legal status then their hands might be tied here.

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 17:28

But why would there be any legal issue with them when we already have many of them. Schemas are literally just XML file describing the structure of other XML files, which attributes you can use, etc.
It's basically a way to document and enforce the structure of the XML files we already have access to. It doesn't give me any edge I didn't have before, it just makes my life easier and avoids me having to go through half of the game's files to find this one example of Egosoft using a particular attribute.

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 18:38

While we're at it, can we get some documentation or list of FFI functions/structs, please?

Staberind
x4

Post by Staberind » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 00:24

Banning7
Hullo, I basically got started on xml agitating out of necessity : X:R savegames are in xml, and without some gentle massaging, Rebirth stopped. the only way to jazz some life back into the ongoing missions was to bypass certain objectives that were not being fulfilled, ie : ecells being loaded onto a ship. so, myself and others no doubt had to xmagically make ecells appear in the hold of a ship, thus continuing the main plot.
I still have no real idea what I am doing, but, make a random save, copy it, open it in notepad++, find and replace [some :twisted: ] instances of "Xenon" with "Player". no quotes, enjoy suddenly having a fleet of mean machines.
Aladna Hill, Again, AP, 3.1. in the last Game worthy of the "X" title. <<<< X4 might just be changing this. :?:

StopBanningMe7_III
x4

Post by StopBanningMe7_III » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 01:35

euclid wrote:
Tue, 4. Dec 18, 00:09
Hi StopBanningMe7_III :-)

1. Yes, there are. If you have unpacked all game files then check the libraries folder. You'll find there several xsd files. the common.xsd and md.xsd are most important. For XML scripts check the aiscripts.xsd and in the main root of your unpacked file folder also the scriptproperties.html. More info you can find in the XR S&M forum.

2.As I wrote in the sticky here (I know it's potentially invisible :p ) visual studio is commonly used because it allows XML setup with the under 1. mentioned xsd files in the same location as the to be edited scripts (i.e. the work folder).

3. The ? maps the value to binary, i.e. 0 or 1. if it does not exists or if it does, respectively.

4. The @ maps the value to a Boolean, i.e. false or true, if it does not exists or if it does, respectively.

Cheers Euclid
Thanks. Just so I'm clear on this: 0 and 1 are not boolean? I don't understand the difference between "0 or 1" and "false or true".

Also, surely I'm not the only one who giggles a little when I see people call the forum "S&M", right? :roll:

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 02:20

StopBanningMe7_III wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 01:35
Thanks. Just so I'm clear on this: 0 and 1 are not boolean? I don't understand the difference between "0 or 1" and "false or true".
Boolean are strings and the binaries are numbers, the first two in the sequence 0,1,2,3,4,... ;-)

However, in a condition they serve the same purpose, for example <do_if value="$YesOrNo" will pass if $YesOrNo has the value number 1 or the string 'true'.

Cheers Euclid

ps: Yes, this is the S&M forum ... "Honi soit qui mal y pense" ;-)

DuckSoup
x3ap

Post by DuckSoup » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 15:34

I threw in a "How to" on exporting models.

How To: Export Models, Re-Import. (Blender) - DuckSoup
Last edited by DuckSoup on Wed, 5. Dec 18, 20:20, edited 1 time in total.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 17:48

DuckSoup wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 15:34

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=404786
Hi DuckSoup and thanks for your contribution.

Could we all please stick to the format of submission as described in the OP? For example:

Cheers Euclid

DuckSoup
x3ap

Post by DuckSoup » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 20:18

euclid wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 17:48
DuckSoup wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 15:34

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=404786
Hi DuckSoup and thanks for your contribution.

Could we all please stick to the format of submission as described in the OP? For example:

Cheers Euclid
Whoops, yeah I'll try and get that cleaned up.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 00:46

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 30. Nov 18, 13:01
Humble request for these to be removed. The first is handled by an in-game setting I missed, and the collision damage change is redundant with the 1.2 patch (plus it shows up twice in the list). Thanks.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 02:07

Done :-)

Cheers Euclid

the_dewar
x4

Post by the_dewar » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 08:18

Feel free to add mine.

Better Combat - Fast Turrets/Bullets - the_dewar
山高皇帝远
The mountains are tall, and the emperor far away.

AngEviL
x3ap

Post by AngEviL » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 18:09

Shield and Weapon Overhaul - AngEviL

I removed long shield regen delay, made shields between races quite different, greatly increased projectile speed, also hugely improved MK1 weapons but made them different than MK2 to give player choice. Thanks !

Edit: I pasted the wrong link, please update.
Last edited by AngEviL on Mon, 10. Dec 18, 01:03, edited 4 times in total.

Azurgan

Post by Azurgan » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 08:08

Plz add this to the mod list

Pimp my Ships - Azurgan

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”