[MOD] Better piracy

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

Re: [MOD] Better piracy

Post by Scoob » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 15:05

Thanks for the update dantebelmondo, it's nice to have the mod maintained again after Alberto's departure.

Thought: With Corsairs, while they'll not target SCA ship due to them being neutral at -5 - something I reported previously - does the relatively new "mark hostile" command allow them to be targetted? They become -30 (enemy) but just for that ship, not for the entire faction of course. I *think* IIRC, that this mod using the Faction standing, not the individual ship standing for Corsair. Perhaps this could be adjusted.

Note: after a prior game update broke it, I use "True Piracy" to fix the Marine claiming damage - that setting no longer works for this mod, but perhaps you've addressed that?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 1. Dec 21, 22:54

Hi,

I've been using this updated version and have encountered an issue that I've never seen before.

I'm trying to capture a Split Destroyer, it's already neutered - no engines, no turrets - and I started the Harass process. However, it broke. I had the initial "bring down their shields" stage, then the "Damage their hull" stage. However, after I hit the first hull-damage milestone of 75%, I go the message "harass operation complete", which isn't right. Trying to harass again, sees it complete instantly, it never advances through the various stages.

This might not be linked to your changes, however, I've never had this behaviour before and I've been using better piracy for ages. Any ideas?

Note: I run other mods, but better piracy has always played nice with them previously.

Note 2: If I allow the ship's shields to go above 20% I can re-initiate the Harass operation. However, once the shields are down, it immediately aborts again.

Update: as a test I delete better piracy with your changes and copied over the vanilla 0.13.0 version and everything is now working just fine. It looks like something in your changes is causing the harass operation vs. L-Class ships to abort early. I've not done much boarding lately though, but I have been forcing lots of S and M-Class ships to bail with harass, and those have worked perfectly.

dantebelmondo
x4

Post by dantebelmondo » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 07:04

Scoob wrote:
Wed, 1. Dec 21, 22:54
Hi,

I've been using this updated version and have encountered an issue that I've never seen before.

I'm trying to capture a Split Destroyer, it's already neutered - no engines, no turrets - and I started the Harass process. However, it broke. I had the initial "bring down their shields" stage, then the "Damage their hull" stage. However, after I hit the first hull-damage milestone of 75%, I go the message "harass operation complete", which isn't right. Trying to harass again, sees it complete instantly, it never advances through the various stages.
I made a mistake and terminated the whole mission when shield hits the first threshold. I will modified the original download link.

Just wondering is there any chance you can share a save file that has similar scenario
I started a Harass operation to capture a target, I got to the "Board" stage so did exactly that. I have several ships in my boarding fleet but some simply refused to launch their Marines. I tried time and time again and the same culprits would not launch Marines. It was eventually that I noticed that both the "Board target " AND "Harass" missions were still active. The ships that did not launch Marines were still "Harassing". The second I cancelled the "Harass" Mission - the "Board" Mission remained active of course - those ship also Launched their Marines.

So, when multiple ship are used in a boarding operation - I had 11 - the "Harass" part of the mission doesn't cancel when the "Board Target" stage occurs.

Now I know how to work around this - manually cancelling the stuck "Harass" mission, this does not cause me any trouble, but I imagine you'd like to look into this.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 17:44

dantebelmondo wrote:
Thu, 2. Dec 21, 07:04
I made a mistake and terminated the whole mission when shield hits the first threshold. I will modified the original download link.

Just wondering is there any chance you can share a save file that has similar scenario
Cool, glad you've spotted the issue and fixed it. Will download the new version before I next play.

I've actually overwritten the save I mentioned, had a longer play-session than I original anticipated.

Regarding the other issue, I did experience that from time to time in the vanilla (not updated by you) version of Better Piracy, not had it since though.

Note: I do run a lot of other mods, which might make replicating things from a save of mine tricky potentially, I can of course provide my full mod list (.zipped up if that's of use) in the future.

dantebelmondo
x4

Post by dantebelmondo » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 04:41

Scoob wrote:
Thu, 2. Dec 21, 17:44
Regarding the other issue, I did experience that from time to time in the vanilla (not updated by you) version of Better Piracy, not had it since though.
I finally fixed this issue. The harass orders for subordinates should be correctly terminated when the mission reaches final stage. The new approach also fixed another potential issue: If the target's hull is already lower than some threshold before starting the operation, the harass orders will still be the default one (attack target). Now, your subordinates will perfectly follow the harass operation mission.

12/03/21 Update
  • Fixed the harass orders for subordinates. The orders will be correctly synchronized with the harass operation mission.
  • The harass option will not be available if the mission is active (to avoid duplicates). You can still start another one if you set the prev. to inactive.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 20:28

Thanks dantebelmondo, much appreciated.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 31. Dec 21, 17:10

Hi,

I've noticed another slight issue with Better Piracy, though I'm unsure if it relates to original code, your changes or just something with the v4.2 update.

Basically, quite often, the harass operation simply isn't present in the menu for certain ships. I know that specific plot-related ships are protected, so intentionally do not have the harass option enabled. I'm not talking about those ships however, rather just random, normal S and M-Class ships I'm encountering in space.

For example, I'm currently harassing a Pirate Nemesis, and it's working well. However, the Nemesis was attacking a "High-Tech Trader Demeter Vanguard" which does not have the "Harass" option present when bringing up the left-click menu on the ship. I've seen this with various other ships too often pirate ones as they're the ones I target to force-bail.

So far, it looks like L-Class ships can be harassed consistently, it's only some (seemingly random) S and M-Class ships that have this issue. I started a new game recently, and this occurs there too. My mod list remains the same - albeit with some updated versions - as it was prior to v4.2. I've not added anything new, just applied updates as they became available.

Really appreciate you supporting this mod, it's a particular favourite of mine.

Cheers.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”