military ribbons - does this described system make sense?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

kuertee
x4

military ribbons - does this described system make sense?

Post by kuertee » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 18:30

anyone know how military ribbons are awarded?

there was a game, I think it was X-Wing Alliance, but it could be another, in which you are awarded a ribbon for each completed mission.

does the system below make sense?
1. each of these mission types will have a ribbon: hunt, station destruction, station defenses destruction (and maybe: scan station/recon)
2. each will be colour coded per faction
3. completion of one, you get one ribbon - you can have multiple of the same type from the same faction

what distinguishes a medal from a ribbon? difficulty or importance of mission?
1. I think i can track if any cap ships that you don't own get dangerously near destruction, and whether you protected it from based on the number of enemies you killed in the vicinity. i can reward that with a medal of honor.
2. then i can track if you get dangerously near destruction, but still complete a mission. i can reward that a "bravery" medal.

I'm thinking of adding this to my mod, Reputations and Professions (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/636) - to visually present that it collects.
So, you'll have counters for your Defender kills and Mission Completions - which the mod currently records.
But they are hidden in the Reputation UI table.

This new UI will be displayed in the middle portion of the screen - which is currently black.
There'll be numbers for Defender Kills and Mission Completions in a large font.
Then in brackets (and in a smaller font) kills made as a Mercenary, Vigilante or Pirate.
Those numbers should present a view for your sanctioned kills v unscantioned kills.
But then, as a Defender, you'll be awarded ribbons for each sanctioned mission completion.
And those will be show graphically under those two numbers.
Of course, as per the mod, this UI will be shown for your general Reputation or for a particular faction.
X4 mods: Gameplay: Alternatives to death, Crime has consequences, High-sec rooms are locked, More generic missions, NPC reactions, Reputations and professions, Waypoint fields for deployments, Hacking outcomes, Teleport from transporter room; QOL: Accept mission for later, Loot mining, Signal leak hunter - increasing range, Ship/Station scanner; UI: Active mission button, Functional Radar Texture, Reset mouse on menu close; etc.

Dj_FRedy
x4

Re: military ribbons - does this described system make sense?

Post by Dj_FRedy » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 22:18

kuertee wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 18:30
there was a game, I think it was X-Wing Alliance, but it could be another, in which you are awarded a ribbon for each completed mission.
mmm, I think you mean 'Freespace'? Here's some inspiration: https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/Awardable_Medals

If you make something like this for that black part of the menu :D
https://imgur.com/a/CQNrNHK
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".

sanas
x4

Post by sanas » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 23:25

Nice idea. I want kill counter for all ships. I want to know how many xenons my gate defenders killed

kuertee
x4

Post by kuertee » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 08:05

That's a nice breakdown. Thank you.

And it was X-Wing Alliance's ribbons that I was thinking of. I remember that you can roll over those ribbons and it'll give you the name of the mission that you completed.
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/starw ... 0302231921
X4 mods: Gameplay: Alternatives to death, Crime has consequences, High-sec rooms are locked, More generic missions, NPC reactions, Reputations and professions, Waypoint fields for deployments, Hacking outcomes, Teleport from transporter room; QOL: Accept mission for later, Loot mining, Signal leak hunter - increasing range, Ship/Station scanner; UI: Active mission button, Functional Radar Texture, Reset mouse on menu close; etc.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”