The pre-fire reticle is not taking your ship's lateral movement into account

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

alexearth4

The pre-fire reticle is not taking your ship's lateral movement into account

Post by alexearth4 » Wed, 22. May 24, 18:09

This is a general problem that happens across the board, regardless of game version, even in the beta. No mods.

The pre-fire reticle is ignoring your ship's lateral movement, making it show on the wrong place.
This problem is hard to notice with aim assist on, because aim assist has its own brain and it does not listen to the (broken) pre-fire reticle, making it shoot as it should.
However this gets very apparent when you try to play without aim assist - if shooting while drifting from previous movement, or shooting while using strafing, the pre-fire reticle does not take your flying into account and thinks that you are still flying straight.

I'm adding a short recording to demonstrate what I mean: https://youtu.be/PyCzulMtjO4?si=vKXs5Nii8fS468xR

In this recording, I first fire a shot on a stationary target, while I'm stationary aswell, directly at the pre-firing reticle. The shot hits the target, as it should.
Next up however, I apply some lateral movement and fire on the same stationary target, also directly at where the pre-fire reticle asks me to shoot. This shot however flies in a completly different direction, actually hitting a entirely different ship!

For comparison, here's how pre-fire reticle worked in previous games: https://youtu.be/i-x68TAHbTg?si=jD87loIlJ2tfJT1O
Notice how it does not stay glued to the stationary target, but actually relocates correctly when my ship is strafing. In X4 it stays glued to the target no matter how much I use lateral thrust to strafe, which is wrong.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: The pre-fire reticle is not taking your ship's lateral movement into account

Post by CBJ » Wed, 22. May 24, 18:13

You've already reported this. No need for a second copy of the thread. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”