Gamecrash - Some information requested by devs.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mr.Killer
x4

Gamecrash - Some information requested by devs.

Post by Mr.Killer » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 19:09

I had this afternoon a gamecrash, the game stopped for no reason obviously, but a little before the screen froze and I saw that it had saved the game automatically (I assumed that it did that because there was no messagebar, and I was right). I went on and did not think anything of it, but short after that the game just froze up. Nothing weird to see, the mouse still moved but interaction was not possible.

The file added is a dumpfile I made from the taskmanager and I don't know if this is usefull for the team to pick apart, but the saved game it made short before loaded fine and I'm still playing it, so, let me know if I can delete this file, because it is 19GB.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/tnqhq34d ... f7bda&dl=0

Running since one week Windows 11, on my Gigabyte 32 Gb memory, 11th gen i7 and a RTX 3060 with 12 GB, drives are M.2 NvMe.
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Gamecrash

Post by Nanook » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 19:13

This is more appropriate in the Tech Support Forum, so I've moved it there. Please provide the info listed in the sticky at the top of the forum to help with finding the problem.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 19:47

Nanook wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 24, 19:13
This is more appropriate in the Tech Support Forum, so I've moved it there. Please provide the info listed in the sticky at the top of the forum to help with finding the problem.
Thanks.

Will try to give as much info as possible:
Version and language (e.g. 6.10 Hotfix 1, English, etc.).
- My understanding is the latest version is BETA2 ? ? becaus I use steam, and it updates as soon as there is an update

Whether or not your game is modified using any third party scripts or mods (see note below).
- the game is not modified

Game start being played.
- (From the XML file) - game id="X4" version="700" build="528865" modified="0" time="472495.857" code="5042984" original="620" originalbuild="511811" start="custom_budgeted" seed="1019657792"

Exact nature of the problem, where and when it occurs and what you were doing at the time.
- the game stopped for no reason obviously, but a little before the screen froze and I saw that it had saved the game automatically (I assumed that it did that because there was no messagebar, and I was right). I went on and did not think anything of it, but short after I went to the map and at that point the game just froze up. Nothing weird to see, no error message, the mouse still moved but interaction was not possible.

Any possibly relevant changes you have made to your game, system, or software before the issue occurred.
- None. Wanted to experience the beta fully vanilla

Where appropriate, additional symptoms, error messages, links to saves *, screenshots and crash dump files (see this Wiki entry).
- None, the space it keeps those file now is exhausted, but the savegame, as I stated, I picked up and that still works normal. It could be a overall glitch, the not showing 'SAVING GAME' message not appearing and the locked game afterwards.

Your system specifications in the form of a DxDiag report and vulkaninfo (see this Wiki entry).**

DXDIAG:

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AoA4jwF1E54cgwOVw3S ... m?e=Ak0mmw
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 19:52

Just for your info, it took over three hours to send the file to online shared folder, (where is that fiber connection when you need it!!!) and because the loaded autosave works fine, it has been overwritten severel times.

So I cannot provide the savegame at that moment anymore. :(

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 20:16

Thanks for the crashdump. I've downloaded it, so if you need to delete it then you can go ahead and do so.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 10:18

Thanks, it is deleted.

Hope that either you find what happened or leave it at that...

timon37
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by timon37 » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 16:14

This is weird, a few questions:
1. if I understood correctly the image on screen was "normal" and completely static except for the cursor moving?
2. what happened to the game sounds? did they completely stop, or continue as normal, or get stuck in a loop of a few seconds?
3. when you tried interacting with the game, could you hear any sounds changing/reacting?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”