Removed from: Incorrect Collision Mesh on Lockboxes in Silent Witness XII

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

greystar
x4

Removed from: Incorrect Collision Mesh on Lockboxes in Silent Witness XII

Post by greystar » Wed, 27. Mar 24, 10:28

I can only find a 6.20 version, please can you or someone else share how/where to download a newer version where this is fixed.

chew-ie
x4

Re: Incorrect Collision Mesh on Lockboxes in Silent Witness XII - fixed in future update

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 27. Mar 24, 10:34

greystar wrote:
Wed, 27. Mar 24, 10:28
I can only find a 6.20 version, please can you or someone else share how/where to download a newer version where this is fixed.
This isn't available yet, 6.2 is the current version. We are on the brink of a public beta for 7.0 but no one knows when this will start. I don't know if those fixes discussed here are in that initial 7.0 beta release once the beta starts (a beta usually has some increments). Only devs could tell for sure.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

greystar
x4

Re: Incorrect Collision Mesh on Lockboxes in Silent Witness XII - fixed in future update

Post by greystar » Wed, 27. Mar 24, 10:41

So, already fixed means already fixed for some developers, but not for those of us who've been paying for the games for just under a quarter of a century and constantly hit by broken updates?

That's really awfully sad, I was hoping the response "this is already fixed" might be true.

I'll consider coming back to the game in a few months, I feel really rotten for telling people it's worth buying these for literally, over 20 years.

:(

This is not an angry post, this is not an unfair comment. This is a post of someone who has supported and advocated this series for many years, feeling utterly let down again. Coming back to it after months to find that the same situation is repeating is really really sad. I know the devs work hard, but customers who have paid and waited for so very long deserve better.

Feel free to delete my post here, if it seems like it might leave a new user with a sense of disappointment, but honestly guys.

Really, this is not a good situation, surely I'm not the only one.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Removed from: Incorrect Collision Mesh on Lockboxes in Silent Witness XII

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 27. Mar 24, 11:15

Please just be happy that the bug has been found, fixed and will be in the next beta and release versions. The devs do not do hotfixes for every non-critical issue fixed and the next beta version will check that all the piecemeal fixes play nicely together and with general gameplay. Tech Sp is not the place for general comments about devs or development.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”