[#1800][6.20] Grouped Ships not dock with 'Follow' state

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

charlie1024
x4

[#1800][6.20] Grouped Ships not dock with 'Follow' state

Post by charlie1024 » Mon, 4. Mar 24, 17:33

Hello.

Grouped ships do not dock with 'Follow' state.

We can use for the fleet flagship, based on the each squad name, we can instruct 'Attack', 'Intercept', 'Bombard', 'Defend', 'Defend the Position', 'Supply Fleet', etc.

Using 'Follow' instruction, the squad ships just follow the fleet flagship.

In the save file, UWK-852 Colossus Vanguard has 3 fleet member of Peregrine Sentinels.

In the subordinate control window on the map, Epsilon squadron(Peregrine Sentinels) is instructed to be docked. So, they must try to dock on the Colossus Vanguard.

However, they don't. They're just still following the flagship.

Save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rr3BCV ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Tranxalive on Thu, 14. Mar 24, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Including Mantis Report number.

user1679

Re: [#1800][6.20] Grouped Ships not dock with 'Follow' state

Post by user1679 » Wed, 20. Mar 24, 07:46

If I follow the OP (no pun intended) correctly, I think I just ran into this behavior with my small fleet.

I have a Odysseus and an Elite Sentinel. The Elite is set to "follow commander" in the Kappa group. I then used the Odysseus's loadout screen to set the Kappa group to "follow" / "docked" but the Elite does not dock. I manually told the Elite to "dock and wait" and when it finished, I left the loadout state the same and cleared the "dock and wait" order and the Elite undocked.

This might seem strange to "follow" / "dock" but my intent was to use the Elite as a shuttle to travel between ships in my fleet / stations because I don't have teleport yet. I don't want it to follow "launched" because then it can become a target too easily. When it is docked it usually ends up in storage. But I don't want to remove the "follow" command either because I want it to return to the commander automatically when it is finished with whatever order I give it.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”