[#1721][6.20] Broken AI Crane Mining Ship

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

[#1721][6.20] Broken AI Crane Mining Ship

Post by LameFox » Fri, 26. Jan 24, 10:58

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sA021h ... sp=sharing

Saw this miner, completely stationary, on my map a few times when my ships passed it by. Didn't think much of it at first, but kept seeing it, and started to realize it was always in exactly the same spot.

I flew over to it and scanned it. It says it's "flying" but it does not move, turn, anything. No surface elements damaged that I can see, and it does have mining turrets. Only one mining drone, but it does have one. A full cargo hold of Silicon. I don't think it's related to my other miner bug report because if you fly far away from it, it stays like this in low attention.

I'm assuming at this point something has broken with its AI behaviour. Could be too late to figure out why it occurred in the first place but it's interesting that once it happens it doesn't seem to be able to rectify itself.
Last edited by Tranxalive on Wed, 14. Feb 24, 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Including Mantis Report number.
***modified***

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [6.20] Broken AI Crane Mining Ship

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 26. Jan 24, 12:59

Since you have scanned it, what command does it have? That may give a clue if say it is looking for trades for its Silicon and cannot find any in range.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Fri, 26. Jan 24, 13:56

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 26. Jan 24, 12:59
Since you have scanned it, what command does it have? That may give a clue if say it is looking for trades for its Silicon and cannot find any in range.
The Crane has "flying, wait" as an order.

Oddly, it's been joined by a magnetar that has "gather resources, wait for drones". Not yet sure if that will stay but it doesn't seem to be acting quite normally. When I left it it had drones on its pads, but when I brought it back to high attention they had vanished and left ice on its landing pads. But it's still "waiting for drones". It did shoot a rock but it hasn't moved since nor launched more drones.

This place might be some kind of Bermuda Triangle for miners.

save with the new ship, before I put it in low-attention and back: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ICFajj ... sp=sharing
Last edited by LameFox on Fri, 26. Jan 24, 14:12, edited 2 times in total.
***modified***

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Fri, 26. Jan 24, 14:02

I flew away a second time and the Magnetar recovered in low-attention, but the Crane remains in place.

Worth noting that I have often been loitering relatively nearby (on ships near the player station in the sector). If it's not something about this particular place, it may be related to being within some certain distance of the player that is messing with their AI.
***modified***

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 26. Jan 24, 18:13

It's possible that the Crane was/is part of some plot/mission. Some of the war missions, for example, reward the player with a mining ship. :gruebel:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 27. Jan 24, 05:20

I haven't been doing any missions except to spawn the PHQ, so if they were spawning ships like that I think it would be some kind of bug anyway like how those ships in minefields used to exist whether you took their mission or not.

Based on the weird behaviour from the Magnetar in the same spot though I think they are going to that point for the density of some local resource and maybe being tripped up by the transition from one level of attention to another. Or even between one chunk of map and another? Hard to say for sure.
***modified***

Tranxalive
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [#1721][6.20] Broken AI Crane Mining Ship

Post by Tranxalive » Wed, 14. Feb 24, 21:16

Thanks for the report, and the saves. :)

The issue is confirmed, and the Devs are aware.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”