[6.0 HF5] Friendly fire from docked ships

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Admiral Sausage

[6.0 HF5] Friendly fire from docked ships

Post by Admiral Sausage » Tue, 30. May 23, 19:47

quicksave.xml.gz

In this save you are at the helm of the Erlking, parked in front of a Xenon station. Its turrets are disabled for testing purposes, so the only thing shooting at the station are the two upper turrets of the Hydra Regal that is docked on the Erlking. The Hydra's turrets are firing despite the Erlking's top L turret being right in the firing line. The unfortunate L turret will be destroyed shortly after loading. The Hydra's turrets continue firing, hitting the wrecked L turret every time.

Interestingly, on loading the save game, the first shot from each of the Hydra's two turrets will fly over the top of the L turret, missing it. All subsequent shots will hit it. This didn't happen the first time through, before saving+reloading (I carefully rotated the Erlking so that every shot from the Hydra was friendly fire).

To make things worse, the Hydra's (5-star!) pilot occasionally makes a sarcastic remark about a "terrible error", and then keeps firing anyway. I think she's upset that I never pay her.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [6.0 HF5] Friendly fire from docked ships

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 30. May 23, 19:58

Not a specific solution to friendly fire as such, but you can disarm turrets for any of your ships by right-clicking it in Property and clicking the turret arming toggle.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”