X56 Stick and Throttle Profile Not Found - Explained.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

djstreaky927

X56 Stick and Throttle Profile Not Found - Explained.

Post by djstreaky927 » Mon, 29. May 23, 16:01

I have downloaded a profile for the Saitek X56 throttle and stick but it just does not show up when I pop the XML file into the directory stated. I downloaded one and put it into C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\Egosoft\X4\Random Nos and was expecting to see it in the 'Settings/Controls' section of the game under 'Load Profile' but there is nothing there. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I'm doing wrong?

The only issue I can think of is that whilst I am playing the game via Steam it is actually installed on my D: drive (as I don't have space on the C: drive) but even there I can't find a folder where it should go in the X4 folder that does contain most of the games files

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X56 Stick and Throttle Profile Not Found

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 29. May 23, 17:53

To see it as a valid custom profile in a slot, it would be in 'C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\Egosoft\X4\Steam ID No' and it would probably have to have a filename such as inputmap_1 to inputmap_5. This is shown for selection in-game as custom 1 to custom 5 and on loading the profile it would become your default 'inputmap'.

It would also have to be a current, complete and valid X4 profile to work.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

djstreaky927

Re: X56 Stick and Throttle Profile Not Found

Post by djstreaky927 » Mon, 29. May 23, 20:37

i see, I've changed the filename to that an I think that's worked. It was called something else before and I was looking to see that appear in the list, I've now got a 'default 1' profile available which seems to be correct. Thanks for your help

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”