Ships got stuck during dock and undock procedure

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

aurumgallente
x4

Ships got stuck during dock and undock procedure

Post by aurumgallente » Thu, 25. May 23, 22:45

After 15-30 minutes of gameplay ships fail to dock or undock, they are frozen in one place. Reloading of the game fixes this problem as well as leaving sector. This bug was introduced by 6.0 update.

Here we can see how Vulture is frozen inside Teladi trading station, it has 0 velocity, all ships on this image are frozen as well.
Spoiler
Show
Here we can see how Calisto tries to dock to a station but got frozen. The station has 0 docked ships. I ordered Magpie to dock to the same station and Magpie got frozen next to Calisto.
Spoiler
Show
In both cases I waited for 10 minutes and ships didn't solve their problems on their own, I had to leave a sector or reload a save.

This bug is very annoying during "Fragile Extraction" mission. I transfer ownership of a mission ship to NPC faction and can't leave a station because my ship is frozen next to a station in critical order which can't be removed, so I have to make a save, exit game and load save.

How to reproduce: Go to Teladi trading station, wait for 15-30 minutes and find a bunch of paralyzed ships. This also happens to any type of 1M6S docks.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Ships got stuck during dock and undock procedure

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 25. May 23, 23:00

Hello, you really haven't provided any information for the devs to look into. They can't investigate anything from screenshots. If you have a link to a vanilla save showing the issue happening (or ideally reliably about to happen) then that would really help them.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

aurumgallente
x4

Re: Ships got stuck during dock and undock procedure

Post by aurumgallente » Fri, 26. May 23, 00:48

I wrote in my first message that restarting the game fixes a bug. What use of save file then? I can make a video of Teladi trading station and show how all ships do nothing for 10 minutes. If you are to watch at my screenshot for 10 minutes, you'll get an idea what the problem I have, the screenshot literally describes dynamic of a bug.
I'll upload a save file but loading it will not reproduce my problem, perhaps, digging into file itself will help.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”