Removed from: 'Memory increses over time, Leak? New Game 6.0'

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

hardergamer
x4

Removed from: 'Memory increses over time, Leak? New Game 6.0'

Post by hardergamer » Tue, 23. May 23, 12:56

Shakh1942 wrote:
Sat, 22. Apr 23, 00:29
I do have the same Error but i play the GoG version and version 6.10 with the Multiverse beta, the game runs fine until it hits the like 98 percentile systemmemory + page file in my case 16gb ram and like 12gb windows page file. I increased windows page file and the game runs stable longer but is hammering my SSD to oblivion with writes.

My solution at the moment is to run HWinfo and setting an alert if "Virtual Memory Load" Usage exceeds >= 75% so i can save and restart the game.

Hope there's a fix someday don't really like windows page file thingy.
Kenjiro wrote:
Fri, 21. Apr 23, 20:56

I never got notified anyone replied, and I somehow missed them. And good idea, my fix mostly worked but X4 was still using very close to all my ram, so I installed 32GB, and now X4 is using 25GB of ram, but massive improvements in my FPS lows, as they above 30FPS now and 75FPS Avg which is my cap, and I again had to do a clean W10 instal after a Windows update damaged my installation and locked my HD with TPM2.0, I thought only W11 could do that, but now W10 can to if you have a compatible CPU.

Hi hardgamer,

I haven't this problem, but some thoughts. If the webhelper is the reason for this, what happens if you disable the Steam Overlay for X4?
From my unterstanding without the overlay there should be no reason for an instance of the webhelper for X4.
Maybe this would be a much lesser agressive solution. ;-)
I have never used the Steam overlay, and Steam was put in Low Performance Mode/ Low Bandwidth Mode etc so it was off, and when I play X4 steam is closed, but you can't turn off the background program and run X4 at the same time, and no web browsers are running as the PC is disconnected from the internet etc, all this has been brought up many times on the Steam forum, as the problem is not just with X4, If you use the Steam link in my first post you will see the many ways others have triad to fix this problem

hardergamer
x4

Re: Memory increses over time, Leak? New Game 6.0

Post by hardergamer » Tue, 23. May 23, 13:00

Kenjiro wrote:
Fri, 21. Apr 23, 20:56
Hi hardgamer,

I haven't this problem, but some thoughts. If the webhelper is the reason for this, what happens if you disable the Steam Overlay for X4?
From my unterstanding without the overlay there should be no reason for an instance of the webhelper for X4.
Maybe this would be a much lesser agressive solution. ;-)
I never got notified anyone replied, and I somehow missed them. And good idea, my fix mostly worked but X4 was still using very close to all my ram, so I installed 32GB, and now X4 is using 25GB of ram, but massive improvements in my FPS lows, as they above 30FPS now and 75FPS Avg which is my cap, and I again had to do a clean W10 instal after a Windows update damaged my installation and locked my HD with TPM2.0, I thought only W11 could do that, but now W10 can to if you have a compatible CPU.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Removed from: 'Memory increses over time, Leak? New Game 6.0'

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 23. May 23, 13:31

I have no idea what you are trying to say with these two consecutive posts; you need to sort out who is quoting who and who is replying.

Also I have removed an offensive signature from your forum profile.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”