BUG 6.0 Wreck collision sends player away at 4000+ m/s

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vheissu
x4

BUG 6.0 Wreck collision sends player away at 4000+ m/s

Post by Vheissu » Mon, 22. May 23, 06:15

Pretty much what it says in the title. This is a wreck in Heretic's End which contains some sort of loot.

Bumping into any part of the wreck in a ship, as well as navigating the interior in a spacesuit, even at 1m/s results in a collision that sends the player spinning halfway across the map. Probably much faster than 4000/ms because by the time I've had a chance to open the map, I'm already a quarter of the zone away. Have reproduced this bug 6 or so times.

There appears to be some sort of invisible collision mesh between me and the loot itself - After having gained entry, despite very, very careful navigation, approaching it resulted in the same bug, 4 times in a row.

I haven't encountered any other wrecks with this issue apart from the one in the Kingdom End storyline - which works as it should.

Technical details in case they are of any use:
Young Gun start.

Version 6.0, up to date according to Steam and installed last week. English language

DXDiag
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V_b7Ud ... sp=sharing

Vulkan
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A7lI-F ... sp=sharing

Some mods installed:
Better Scan Colours
Better tractor beam
Crystal Rarities
Encounters
Enhanced Satellites

Is there a no-clip cheat or some other way to disable collision? I'm rather curious what's in there now! :P

Edit: I have a previous post regarding performance issues - they appear to have largely been fixed although I'm still doing some a/b testing before I update the thread. So I don't think that is a contributing factor to this bug.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: BUG 6.0 Wreck collision sends player away at 4000+ m/s

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 22. May 23, 08:26

Unfortunately, without a vanilla save to show the replicable issue and allow its investigation, this report may be a bit fruitless.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Vheissu
x4

Post by Vheissu » Mon, 22. May 23, 11:24

Thankfully easily done from an Argon start: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DQZQoO ... sp=sharing

Not sure how much help it is though, a Xenon raiding party chose that exact moment to appear.

Vheissu
x4

Post by Vheissu » Mon, 22. May 23, 11:44

Second try without interfering Xenon: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oYEoby ... sp=sharing

Vanilla save. Same behaviour, colliding with the wreck sends the player careening away at very high speed.

Specifically the red split wreck that the save should be right in front of. The one that returns a blue ping when scanned with long range scanners.

Edit:
Now that I'm looking at the event more closely - contact via spacesuit results in reaching speeds of -11000m/s

Contact via Argon Elite is a little more subdued but still pretty violent.

I was able to brake while spinning away and could see the wreck itself is spinning very quickly on the horizontal axis.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 22. May 23, 12:19

Thanks, devs notified.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Tue, 23. May 23, 05:28

Some additional information, it isn't just wrecks. It seems like maybe the physics for the spacesuit are too sensitive.

I was in my spacesuit to repair my Elite Sentinel and when I bumped into it, I ended up being thrown 25km away.

Vheissu
x4

Post by Vheissu » Fri, 26. May 23, 14:58

Found another wreck with scuffed collision physics. Wreck H78, far East in Hatikvah's Choice 1.

RubyRezal
x4

Post by RubyRezal » Sat, 27. May 23, 15:10

I ran into this problem too.

Copied from the semi-redundant thread I created. [6.0 & 6.mts beta HF5] Collision geometry incorrect. Cannot access wreck containers and station data leaks.
-----

Currently playing offline because I'm a noob and the expertly equipped and crewed ships doing missions in my universe were wrecking my game. Not that the XEN and KHK weren't doing that already. I need to get better and push back the Xen before I can rejoin.

Anyway, I happened on a wreck with a secure container stuck to it in Windfall. Went on a spacewalk to check it out and discovered the container is inside the collision geometry of the wreckage even though it appears to be attached to the visible surface of the wreck.

I tried to get close enough to repair the pressure leak but the repair tool can't hit it. When I got too close and bumped the wreck the whole wreck started spinning at 45m/s dragging me and my nearby Manticore along with it. (Or maybe I parked the Manticore too close?)

Thought I'd bring it to your attention because finding loot and not being able to loot it is disappointing.

Save file
Log file

Vheissu
x4

Post by Vheissu » Tue, 30. May 23, 01:15

Wreck Tisamenos VI in far North of 18 Billion also has the same messed up collision physics.

My game is back to a modded state after discovering the previous 2, so I'm not going to provide a save.

If for some reason a mod did add this instance of a wreck, it's still indicative of calling a pre-defined class of objects with messed up physics, or something in that vein.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”