[#1173]Diplomatic Outpost in Teladi Space (Boron Mission) - Fix in a build after HF5.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RJ56Hours

[#1173]Diplomatic Outpost in Teladi Space (Boron Mission) - Fix in a build after HF5.

Post by RJ56Hours » Wed, 26. Apr 23, 08:42

I've built the station in Eighteen Billion, but I also have a hull part station in EB.
The game recognize my hull part station as the mission station.
What tf can I do to recover this situation? Demolish my hull part station?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Diplomatic Outpost in Teladi Space (Boron Mission)

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 26. Apr 23, 09:57

Do you have a vanilla save showing the wrong station selection that you could link? This sounds like a bug that should be in the Tech Sp forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Arsat
x2

problem with boron outpost quest - Devs on the case but a save would help.

Post by Arsat » Tue, 2. May 23, 20:17

I have built a hull factory (first... before i see the quest) and in the same sector an outpost for the Boron... but he wants to take the hull factory from me... but i have already finished both.

Can't be that I can't change the goal of the quest or ?
Ein glücklicher Teladi im X Universum dank KriMe.SDS.CommandSoftwareV02 und disabledKhaakSpawn X2 war einfach schee...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: problem with boron outpost quest

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 2. May 23, 21:45

The devs are aware of the problem and on the case, but if you have a vanilla save that you could link here then that would really help with testing any fix.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Arsat
x2

Re: [#1173]Diplomatic Outpost in Teladi Space (Boron Mission)

Post by Arsat » Tue, 2. May 23, 21:47

So I don't have one.
Then I just mail the developers again... they get almost daily bugreports anyway... only this time it sucked just really hard

"[#1173] The devs are aware of the problem and on the case, but if you have a vanilla save that you could link here then that would really help with testing any fix."

Easiest fix in the world... choose yourself which station you want to hand over as an outpost. Adjustment whether all conditions are fulfilled... accept...

Fixed in a few minutes and no more problems in the future... it's that simple and yes, as an established tester with 25 years of experience, I can say that quite simply...
Ein glücklicher Teladi im X Universum dank KriMe.SDS.CommandSoftwareV02 und disabledKhaakSpawn X2 war einfach schee...

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [#1173]Diplomatic Outpost in Teladi Space (Boron Mission)

Post by izalith » Tue, 6. Jun 23, 11:50

RJ56Hours wrote:
Wed, 26. Apr 23, 08:42
I've built the station in Eighteen Billion, but I also have a hull part station in EB.
The game recognize my hull part station as the mission station.
What tf can I do to recover this situation? Demolish my hull part station?
Hello, this issue will be resolved in a future build allowing players to select a station they want to transfer.

Xarniia

Re: [#1173]Diplomatic Outpost in Teladi Space (Boron Mission) - Fix in a build after HF5.

Post by Xarniia » Mon, 7. Aug 23, 14:11

Hello!

I have a related problem.

I had a generic build station quest at the same location.
Now there is my ex-station (controlled by MIN now) on the same plot.
The boron mission still points to the MIN station, which is yellow.

I tried:
- destroy the station -> no sphere for the quest/no guidance at all
- use a mod to transfer ownership of the station back to me -> the station is not recognized. (I tried L/M shields and made sure it's a S storage. Also rebuild the station to the minimum requirements.)

I can provide a save, but it's modified. (Only QoL mods.) So I can switch them of and send that save is asked for.

I hope this BUG will also be solved in a future build.

Thanks for any help/advice!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [#1173]Diplomatic Outpost in Teladi Space (Boron Mission) - Fix in a build after HF5.

Post by CBJ » Mon, 7. Aug 23, 14:28

First, the problem described in this thread has already been fixed, so it is NOT related. Second, your game is modified, and there is no definition of "QoL" mods that magically makes them irrelevant to testing. We can't waste time investigating problems that may well be caused by someone else's changes to the game, which is why we specifically ask people to test the beta with an unmodified game.

If you can reproduce the problem in a game that is unmodified (from the start, not just by disabling mods) then feel free to start a new thread and make a full report with your savegame. Otherwise I'm afraid there is nothing we can do here.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”