[#1123]Tide break M dock broken - Fixed in HF5.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Raymus1
x4

Re: [#1123]Tide break M dock broken

Post by Raymus1 » Sat, 29. Apr 23, 18:24

Small update on my experience: I waited for a while with SETA next to the docking bay. After the Tide had rolled through the sector, I was granted permission to dock. There were no further issues docking with the Hydra at the station. The small side plot freighter that had been waiting to dock had scurried off when it got hit by the tide and returned shortly after with about 10% health, at which point the docking bay was broken again. The Hydra was in internal storage (It seems that it was teleported there during the cutscene) and could not be retrieved, while my Dolphin was lined up behind the plot freighter and another ship waiting to dock.

Titan Nya
x4

Post by Titan Nya » Mon, 1. May 23, 04:06

And my update, I allowed the Astrids to trade everything again just in case and had one stuck on the 2nd station that was bugged, but then went directly to the 1st stuck station and managed to dock without a problem. So time help but they stay waiting to dock at a bugged station for a LONG time...

Maybe another hotfix (other than the one I said last time) would be to force all stations to have at least 2 medium docking bays as the bugged one only have 1 as far as I can see... Well we'll see what the next patch gets us xD (so far I'm kinda stuck with a quest that doesn't seems to update so trying some more stuff to check if I can unstick it...)

RPINerd
x4

Post by RPINerd » Mon, 1. May 23, 18:29

I don't want to make another thread when it seems like this problem might be related, but ever since getting back into X4 after KE released, I've had issues with ALL the Avarice stations being goofy with medium docking. It's never all at once, and I have not been able to discern a clear pattern

https://i.imgur.com/qFCcz4Fh.jpg

In this screenshot you can see a cluster of M freighters that are just idle waiting to dock, this goes on until a tide wipes them out and then sometimes they re-queue and othertime things go back to functioning normally. This has been going on since KE launch, but unfortunately since then I have re-enabled some of my "needed" mods so I don't have a save that is unmodified..
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Mon, 1. May 23, 18:42, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Oversize image -> link.

Tarsis
x4

Post by Tarsis » Mon, 1. May 23, 21:07

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 27. Apr 23, 13:28
No, we're still investigating this one.
I'm also having this problem.
Just in case you guys can use more save files to investigate; I saved right at the Avarice M dock. You can see the roof of the Astrid clipping through the floor. Ship is stuck in storage.

Link to Save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HfjISs ... share_link

Biomessias
x4

Post by Biomessias » Mon, 1. May 23, 21:42

I just got one Dock "repaired"
Was trapped at Station, went into another ship via Space suit and canncelled the docking and Undocking Commands for all my ships on thatbstation.
Just when the Tide ended i raced to the station bevor all the npc M ships got there and could dock my M ship.

After that i could also undock the remaining ships on the station.

But soon after that the NPC Ships again blocked the docking of M ships.

tronco01
x4

Post by tronco01 » Wed, 3. May 23, 00:10

Hello! I am playing 100% vanilla version of the game. I can confirm most docks are broken in Avarice IV, Tidebreak being the most important. I appreciate any information about a hotfix being released soon. Thank you!

P.S.: I parked the ship inside the docking bay in Tidebreak hovering on top of the M landing zone and tried to dock. I got the usual "docking queued". Right after the solar flares, I got the docking instructions on HUD. Repeated it after a while with another M ship, so the dock becomes free for a while after the solar flares end. Hope it helps.
Last edited by tronco01 on Wed, 3. May 23, 06:50, edited 1 time in total.

Aerocore
x4

Post by Aerocore » Wed, 3. May 23, 06:19

I've unfortunately gotten my main ship locked in Tidebreak's M dock... And since it's regal, I got no alternatives...

I docked, it went into internal storage while I was at the Traders Corner, and when I tried to get it out of storage, it's locked in an undocking loop. It never undocks, whether IS or OOS, and no other ships can dock.

It's been about 3+hrs of gameplay time now, kinda given up hope on getting it back until a hotfix is released. :(

tronco01
x4

Post by tronco01 » Wed, 3. May 23, 06:53

Aerocore wrote:
Wed, 3. May 23, 06:19
I've unfortunately gotten my main ship locked in Tidebreak's M dock... And since it's regal, I got no alternatives...

I docked, it went into internal storage while I was at the Traders Corner, and when I tried to get it out of storage, it's locked in an undocking loop. It never undocks, whether IS or OOS, and no other ships can dock.

It's been about 3+hrs of gameplay time now, kinda given up hope on getting it back until a hotfix is released. :(
I got my Astrid out, but it takes a while. Probably, it will do it after the solar flare ends, like I mentioned on my post above. Do this: remove all orders, signal your ship to fly away to a location. I pointed to fly to a close station It will take some time, but it will get out. Explore the map while it works.

Aerocore
x4

Post by Aerocore » Wed, 3. May 23, 07:09

I've solved it in my save!

I noticed while trying to do the "Quickly fly to the dock after the tide" trick above, that the second Astrid was hanging out just above Tidebreak (I captured the first one in Leap of Faith). It never seemed to dock, but just hung around.

So I decided to blow it up. And immediately upon destroying it, my ship leaves internal storage. I've replicated this twice now, this definitely seems to be what's causing the problem from my point of view.

Maybe the AI Astrid is unable to dock, but puts itself in the queue, and since it doesn't seem to dock, just indefinitely locks that space up?

I'd rather not destroy the other Astrid, it's cool to see ships from the story flying around, but for the time being, that seems to be what's blocking it in my save.

ceue_08

Post by ceue_08 » Thu, 4. May 23, 15:18

Will there be any official reply to this issue? It really breaks the game for me!

Version steam latest HF2+All DLCs (X4: Community of Planets Edition - Bundle).
A hotfix for this please.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 4. May 23, 15:19

CBJ wrote:
That's official. Watch this space, and no need to bump or 'when will it be fixed' for any threads here (especially when they have a dev issue tracker number). :wink:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ceue_08

Post by ceue_08 » Fri, 5. May 23, 11:31

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 4. May 23, 15:19
CBJ wrote:
That's official. Watch this space, and no need to bump or 'when will it be fixed' for any threads here (especially when they have a dev issue tracker number). :wink:
Thank you for the information. Wasn't clear to me.
PS. any info? :wink:

tronco01
x4

Post by tronco01 » Fri, 5. May 23, 21:49

Aerocore wrote:
Wed, 3. May 23, 07:09
I've solved it in my save!

I noticed while trying to do the "Quickly fly to the dock after the tide" trick above, that the second Astrid was hanging out just above Tidebreak (I captured the first one in Leap of Faith). It never seemed to dock, but just hung around.

So I decided to blow it up. And immediately upon destroying it, my ship leaves internal storage. I've replicated this twice now, this definitely seems to be what's causing the problem from my point of view.

Maybe the AI Astrid is unable to dock, but puts itself in the queue, and since it doesn't seem to dock, just indefinitely locks that space up?

I'd rather not destroy the other Astrid, it's cool to see ships from the story flying around, but for the time being, that seems to be what's blocking it in my save.
Lucky you! In my case, there are no other ships flying around or hovering near Tidebreak. Very weird.

P.S.: After hovering Tidebreak's dock again, I did find another ship around. It went down with the solar flare, of course.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FMAm5r ... share_link

Thurak
x4

Post by Thurak » Sat, 6. May 23, 14:59

Just another save. Avarice V in the southwest there is a queue observed via sat. No player intervention since the last tide.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/brycyqaqruyhe ... ml.gz?dl=0

ceue_08

Post by ceue_08 » Sun, 7. May 23, 02:02

ceue_08 wrote:
Mon, 17. Apr 23, 18:46
Actually I have the same problem in my new session.

No mods or anything changed, version is 6.0 latest Steam (as of 16.04.2023) with all DLCs.

Reproduction:

1. Start new game as Boron
2. Fly with M ship to Windfall III, help after request (kill the 3 Vigour Syndicate ships).
3. Follow the freighter into the Avarice gate
4. Help the stranded freighter, take him on board
5. Try to dock at Tidebreak, wait forever

Note: the freighter from 3. (that you saved) is also trying to dock at Tidebreak and is stuck a little off the station.
After about 1 hour of waiting the issue did not solve itself, in contrast a lot more M ships are stuck in front of the station.
I decided to try this again, this time it worked. The only thing different is I'm on 6.0 HF3. Maybe also my timing was a bit off and some other ship wasn't stuck inside of it.

G315t
x4

Post by G315t » Sun, 7. May 23, 22:13

Here is another early game save with the same problem of ships queing up in avarice but never docking. Docks of the stations are emtpy according to the info panel. So there should be nothing stuck inside the station. It affects NPC the same way it affects player ships. And it also affects several stations in the sector.

Saved with game on pause, just open the map to find it.

https://www.udrop.com/shared/j1kxpgh4j8 ... s74o5oa2gm

https://www.udrop.com/cache/plugins/fil ... ropped.jpg
Last edited by CBJ on Mon, 8. May 23, 00:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Oversized image replaced with link

AdmiralThrawn
x4

Post by AdmiralThrawn » Mon, 8. May 23, 00:51

Another savegame with an Astrid stuck on Tide Breaker.

I remember trying to teleport to the Astrid, but noticed that it was in the internal storage. In the context menu I clicked "Pull out from internal storage" (or how that command is called in English) and then waited.. 3-4 ingame hours. Many tides have passed and the ship is still stuck there.

With the space suit I went to the Tide Breaker and checked the terminals of every single hangar, but none showed that there was a "pulling" process going on.

A fix will be highly, highly appreciated as there's no way to proceed with the .. "Gezeiten der Habgier" quest.

My savegame is here:
http://www.mister-web.de/images/X4/save_004.xml.gz

[ external image ]
"If you let it go, it fills your hand." (Dogen)

ceue_08

Post by ceue_08 » Mon, 8. May 23, 10:25

AdmiralThrawn wrote:
Mon, 8. May 23, 00:51
Another savegame with an Astrid stuck on Tide Breaker.

I remember trying to teleport to the Astrid, but noticed that it was in the internal storage. In the context menu I clicked "Pull out from internal storage" (or how that command is called in English) and then waited.. 3-4 ingame hours. Many tides have passed and the ship is still stuck there.

With the space suit I went to the Tide Breaker and checked the terminals of every single hangar, but none showed that there was a "pulling" process going on.

A fix will be highly, highly appreciated as there's no way to proceed with the .. "Gezeiten der Habgier" quest.

My savegame is here:
http://www.mister-web.de/images/X4/save_004.xml.gz

[ external image ]
G315t wrote:
Sun, 7. May 23, 22:13
Here is another early game save with the same problem of ships queing up in avarice but never docking. Docks of the stations are emtpy according to the info panel. So there should be nothing stuck inside the station. It affects NPC the same way it affects player ships. And it also affects several stations in the sector.

Saved with game on pause, just open the map to find it.

https://www.udrop.com/shared/j1kxpgh4j8 ... s74o5oa2gm

https://www.udrop.com/cache/plugins/fil ... ropped.jpg
Could you provide the exact version you are using? Is it Steam? GOG? Any mods? Did you verify it recently if Steam?

G315t
x4

Post by G315t » Mon, 8. May 23, 12:36

Hi of course.
I use the Steam Version of the game.
Release Version 6.00 (498552) HF3 updated 04.05.23
Budgeted Gamestart
No mods

I also play the MTS Beta with another save.
There is also a problem in the same sector (tidebreak eating ships in internal storage, never giving them back. It may be related to the same bug because it also has to do with docking.) :?
Anyway, when I switch from the Beta Client to the Release Client Version I usualy always use the "verify gamefiles" option, because I found out, that usualy that is a good idea and it will always find some files that need to be reloaded if you switch versions.

But the save that I sent here was made in the release version, not in the Beta.

migo

Post by migo » Mon, 8. May 23, 12:49

I have very similar case, ship (M size) stuck in internal station storage and another (M size) waiting forever for dock (just every tide cycle escapes away and tries back dock and that again and again) - more details here: viewtopic.php?f=180&t=455145 save: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvedRkLDiGhGhJcVWv6 ... w?e=ajMPGb I'm using latest version on steam.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”