[#1301]Stuck during Astronomical Observations mission in kingdom end - Fixed in 6.20 beta.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

baaam
x4

[#1301]Stuck during Astronomical Observations mission in kingdom end - Fixed in 6.20 beta.

Post by baaam » Fri, 14. Apr 23, 23:41

Unable to progress after blowing up an asteroid during the astronomical observations mission.

If you look at other people's records, there is a cutscene, but I have a conversation without a cutscene and the mission is not completed after the conversation.

It's a modified save, but if you can solve this problem, please help. It's too hard to give up a save file i've spent so much time without try something.

Here's save file link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kq2P9g ... share_link

FPS_Dan117
x4

Re: Stuck during a mission in kingdom end

Post by FPS_Dan117 » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 15:27

i also have this same issue.

i have blown up the asteroid fine, next part of mission says to 'Observe: Distant stellar phenomenon' but nothing happens. I've tried travelling to the 5500km point, tried leaving mission till later and coming back ,ive sat looking at the same point for hours, plot doesnt advance. I cant remember if i had a cutscene from BosaTa or ifhe was just talking but if this plot is to advance the boron plot then currently im screwed!

demiti
x4

Post by demiti » Wed, 26. Apr 23, 08:13

I'm also having the same issue. After the conversation with Boso Ta and Nila Ti, the mission doesn't get completed and the target marker just stays on the map.

ranykt
x4

Post by ranykt » Sat, 29. Apr 23, 18:12

Solved it on my end. Save and reload.

I was going crazy yesterday because I suddenly couldn't advance the quest line of multiples. I flew across the universe multiple times and everything was a dead end. Something finally forced me to reload a save and suddenly they all advanced at once, causing me to stop and wait for them to finish so they didn't screw up my flight.

imlons

Stuck during "Astronomical Observations"

Post by imlons » Sun, 21. May 23, 15:01

Hi,

i am currently at the ALI questline "Astronomical Observations", where I am at the stage "4: Observe: Distant stellar phenomenon".
The quest wont progress, and the guidance system only leads to a place a few thousand kms outside of Great Reef. Withtout the quest I cant open up the last few Boron sectors, as the portal in Sanctuary of Darkness wont open without quest progress. I do not have any mods, and the save is unmodded.

I have seen a few posts with the same issue, which for them was only resolved by reloading. Unfortunately I do not possess an earlier save, so I am asking for help to progress the quest without modding my save.

Thanks!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Stuck during Astronomical Observations mission in kingdom end

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 21. May 23, 15:10

@ imIons: What have you tried so far? Save/reloading cycle, teleporting far away and back (if available), turning mission to inactive and back? Sometimes one of those can free up a stuck audio queue (ie releasing the messages that you need to receive to unlock the next mission phase) and get things moving again.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

imlons

Post by imlons » Sun, 21. May 23, 16:21

Hi,

So far I have reloaded to multiple saves, progressed other quests, put the quest into inactice and active, teleported to and from different ships all over the universe, travelled to and from the guidance spot in Great Reef, travelled to Great Reef in ships from S to XL, patrolled Great Reef to to find the spot to start the quest.

I also did get several other audio messages from different quests, since i basically continued the game without Boron sectors fully open.

If you want, I can provide a savegame (if so, how is the usual way?).

Thank you for your efforts.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 21. May 23, 16:47

Thanks. Please upload the vanilla save to reputable public fileshare service and post the open public sharing link here. It's all in the Sticky at the top of this forum, including some fileshare service suggestions.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

imlons

Post by imlons » Mon, 22. May 23, 07:50

Here is the link to my most recent save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/158vMgL ... share_link

Thanks for your help!

imlons

Post by imlons » Thu, 25. May 23, 08:54

Hi,

while I am aware that bugfixing takes some time, I wanted to ask how likekly it is that the solution will be transferable to other savegames.
Currently I am stuck not playing because I dont want to loose any progress, but if a future solution could be applied to a later savegame, that would help me a lot.

Thank you for your time.

imlons

Re: [#1301]Stuck during Astronomical Observations mission in kingdom end - Fixed in future update

Post by imlons » Tue, 20. Jun 23, 20:20

Any news on this bug?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [#1301]Stuck during Astronomical Observations mission in kingdom end - Fixed in future update

Post by CBJ » Tue, 20. Jun 23, 23:49

We're about to start a new Public Beta very soon. The fix for this should be in that Public Beta.

demiti
x4

Post by demiti » Tue, 27. Jun 23, 04:53

demiti wrote:
Wed, 26. Apr 23, 08:13
I'm also having the same issue. After the conversation with Boso Ta and Nila Ti, the mission doesn't get completed and the target marker just stays on the map.
My issue has been resolved in the 6.2beta update. I'm grateful for the sincere support from the staff. Thank you!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”