[#830][5.10 BUG] Most terraforming rebates do not apply - Explained?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

xolerick
x4

[#830][5.10 BUG] Most terraforming rebates do not apply - Explained?

Post by xolerick » Mon, 27. Feb 23, 10:10

Hi Team,

So I was going around doing terraforming and noticed that only a very small amount of Rebates actually works. What actually does NOT work:
1) Food rebates. -> Each field says 10% food rebate. Yet the the next field price does not change at all. Either Wheat is not considered food or need clearer description of what is considered what.
2) Raw mineral rebates -> This does not work for ICE. When I want to Import water I tried building factories but yet the price of imported ICE or Methane for other projects did not change. Again either those are not considered minerals then or something else going on.
3) The only one I really noticed working is high tech goods for Terran materials -> metallic microlattice is the only one that seems to be working properly. But then it does require 4million and 10% rebate makes it 3.8M which is not that much so maybe just worth a rethink to increase that rebate somehow to actually make the project worth it.
4) Wind Turbine farm and other which says energy 50%. Yet the next project for factories keep costing the same for me. 209K in case of black sun for example. So this rebate clearly does not reduce anything or again Energy Cells is not considered an energy. That one does not matter almost at all as by that time in game my Energy cells are in Millions.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [#830][5.10 BUG] Most terraforming rebates do not apply.

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 27. Feb 23, 16:51

xolerick wrote:
Mon, 27. Feb 23, 10:10
1) Food rebates. -> Each field says 10% food rebate. Yet the the next field price does not change at all. Either Wheat is not considered food or need clearer description of what is considered what.
I think the foods are Terran MRE, Chelt Meat, Scruffin Fruit, Soja Husks, Nostrop Oil and Food Rations.
xolerick wrote:
2) Raw mineral rebates -> This does not work for ICE. When I want to Import water I tried building factories but yet the price of imported ICE or Methane for other projects did not change. Again either those are not considered minerals then or something else going on.
Minerals are likely Ore and Silicon. Ice is water and Methane is a gas. Not sure if Nividium is considered a Mineral, because it is kind of special/rare.
xolerick wrote:
3) The only one I really noticed working is high tech goods for Terran materials -> metallic microlattice is the only one that seems to be working properly. But then it does require 4million and 10% rebate makes it 3.8M which is not that much so maybe just worth a rethink to increase that rebate somehow to actually make the project worth it.
As far as I am aware the other intermediate and hightech ware ones do work. You can notice the large reduction to the project prices after those projects complete. They are usually the ones I build first for best return on investment.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”