Problem starting game - Resolved after Vulkan reinstall.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Stanislove

Problem starting game - Resolved after Vulkan reinstall.

Post by Stanislove » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 09:36

Hi guys.

Bought game, downloaded, but it doesn't start.

No error messages.

After clickin at "play" button in steam, it changes to "running", then nothing happens and button changes to "play" back.

Have latest AMD drivers at 6650xt GPU.
Windows 10.
I7 3770 CPU.

Tried to start with local files on SSD, or HDD. Tried to replace files with instruction from viewtopic.php?f=180&t=402386

Help, please

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Problem starting game

Post by CBJ » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 09:47

I'm not sure why you posted this in the Performance Troubleshooting thread, but I've split it out so that it can be seen. In a similar vein, please read the very first sticky thread at the top of the forum, marked "Please read this before posting!", and provide the information requested, without which there is very little chance of being able to help you.

The only things I can suggest without more information are:

1) Restart the Steam client. To do this you need to actually exit the client completely using the Steam->Exit menu option, and then restart it.
2) Check that your anti-virus software isn't preventing the game from starting.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 10:02

3) Verify your Steam game installation for X4. If any files are downloaded then try again afterwards.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Stanislove

Post by Stanislove » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 10:04

CBJ wrote:
Wed, 18. Jan 23, 09:47
I'm not sure why you posted this in the Performance Troubleshooting thread, but I've split it out so that it can be seen. In a similar vein, please read the very first sticky thread at the top of the forum, marked "Please read this before posting!", and provide the information requested, without which there is very little chance of being able to help you.

The only things I can suggest without more information are:

1) Restart the Steam client. To do this you need to actually exit the client completely using the Steam->Exit menu option, and then restart it.
2) Check that your anti-virus software isn't preventing the game from starting.
Ah, thanks for creating topic.

Solved problem with installing vulkan from this link https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home

Another games used vulkan(overlay of afterburner shows it), and I didnt know that have to install it additionally, cuz have the latest version of AMD drivers.

It will be helpfull for someone, if info about additionally vulkan installation will be added to FAQ. There is only information about drivers version.

My english is not very well, I hope all I wrote is understandable)

Thanks for help anyway.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 10:09

AMD driver suites would indeed include the then latest Vulkan version, but only if you let them install it by not selecting a custom install and deselecting Vulkan. Another scenario would be that the AMD Vulkan download was incomplete or corrupted somehow during the AMD driver download. Generally speaking, you should not have to install Vulkan separately after fully installing your graphics driver.

Currently, we don't know how up to date your AMD graphics driver really is/was.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”