BUG with enemy drone docked inside player ship hangar

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Remoradfc
x4

BUG with enemy drone docked inside player ship hangar

Post by Remoradfc » Sat, 14. Jan 23, 07:48

I engaged a ship and boarded it. After successfully capturing it, there were still some enemy drones around. When the temporary hostilities cooldown expired, the drones reverted to neutral with me (not hostile). Then they docked with their home ship (the one I captured). However, they retained their old allegiance. So now I have neutral drones in my Small Ship storage within my ship. I have tried making them hostile in an attempt to hopefully get them expelled, but no. They remain in my hangar, tagged as hostile. I also went to the Ship Console and tried to "request ship from internal storage", but they are not listed. Possibly because I do not own them and cannot summon them. I have tried docking multiple other fighters to the ship and place some in storage, in the hopes it decided to leave my hangar. But no. This drone belonging to another faction is satisfied existing forever in my small ship hangar.

How do I kick it out? Or destroy it even, I am fine either way. Being hostile to it does not seem to make it want to launch from my small ship hangar. :?

No Mods / Vanilla game
Version 5.10 (479084) - English
The Young Gun

Required files and save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/54v6de8vtz7dk ... r.zip?dl=0

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: BUG with enemy drone docked inside player ship hangar

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 14. Jan 23, 09:55

If you upgrade the ship at a suitable dock, can you either sell the drones and then replace them with new (yours) later, or just buy a full complement of new drones and so displace them?

It might be worth trying this remotely from OOS, in case being IS with them causes the game issues with encountering unforeseen circumstances.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Remoradfc
x4

Post by Remoradfc » Sat, 14. Jan 23, 19:52

Valid suggestion. Unfortunately it did not work.

The ship in question is a Builder. I did as you suggested, and sold every drone from it. Then afterwards repurchased up to maximum. No change. I have 100/100 drones on my builder, and 1 hostile enemy drone docked inside my ships hangar.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 14. Jan 23, 20:49

That's a shame. The game must be treating the drone as an internally docked S ship and not as a drone.

I did some research and there *might* be some hope of an automatic solution over time, although drones don't have pilots and so ...

Remoradfc
x4

Post by Remoradfc » Sat, 14. Jan 23, 22:50

Correct. It is being treated as an internally docked ship. And even though it is hostile and an enemy asset. It will not undock and I have no ability to remove it.

Image: https://ibb.co/GFN98J7
Image: https://ibb.co/1rxRfKd

WoodyAut
x4

Post by WoodyAut » Mon, 16. Jan 23, 08:53

Hi,

Check if you can see the drone on the dock - if it is not in the internal storage you can destroy it on the dock using an M-Ship (S-ship would get automatically landing permission and the drone would be moved to internal storage).
In worst case if you can't live with it - sell the ship...

Best regards
WoodyAut

Remoradfc
x4

Post by Remoradfc » Mon, 16. Jan 23, 14:58

It is not on the external dock. It is in the internal hangar storage.

Orno

Post by Orno » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 05:09

I just noticed that one of my earlier captured pirate destroyers has a PAR combat drone docked as if it was a S fighter. As it is not showing up on the pad I am guessing it is in storage. Really wish we had a way to forcibly eject docked/stored ships...

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 08:26

It really is a BUG. I guess the one who posts first should also include a vanilla save for the devs to look upon or else (as per the forum's instructions) nothing will happen.

It has remained so at least since v3.00(!!!). The only sure way to "avoid" it is to kill all launched defence drones from the ship you try to capture before capturing it and suffer the rep deduction for this (thankfully drones are the least in rep deduction).

Of course this takes "fly by capturing" out of the question completely...

Remoradfc
x4

Post by Remoradfc » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 21:40

Orno - yep, that is exactly what is going on in my game too. I also opened a Suggestion thread to propose 3 separate options that would allow players the ability to manually eject docked craft that they do not own. Took some arguing, since the peanut gallery trolls all felt they needed to discourage my proposals as irrelevant and unnecessary. But I argued back. viewtopic.php?f=146&t=450958&p=5155324#p5155324

dtpsprt - I am unsure how to interpret your post. The OP does include a vanilla save. It is there in the link. This website does not permit loading of files and attachments here. We are required to use 3rd party file hosting sites. Not my choice, but that is what the moderators want. And you are correct, the fly-by capturing was the method I was using and is likely the reason myself, Orno and others have enemy drones in our hangars. At moment it is a pest that hurts my OCD everytime I look at my ship. I may one day sell the ship so the eyesore is gone. But that wont happen until I replace it.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 11:36

The useful fact that it may occur during or because of fly-by boarding is the situational information needed that might allow the devs to prevent this happening and so make gameplay mechanic changes rather unnecessary. That boarding information would not have been evident from saves made well after the boarding event and so the devs have to rely on posters for situational history. Thanks for the contributions.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 13:16

Remoradfc wrote:
Wed, 18. Jan 23, 21:40
Orno - yep, that is exactly what is going on in my game too. I also opened a Suggestion thread to propose 3 separate options that would allow players the ability to manually eject docked craft that they do not own. Took some arguing, since the peanut gallery trolls all felt they needed to discourage my proposals as irrelevant and unnecessary. But I argued back. viewtopic.php?f=146&t=450958&p=5155324#p5155324

dtpsprt - I am unsure how to interpret your post. The OP does include a vanilla save. It is there in the link. This website does not permit loading of files and attachments here. We are required to use 3rd party file hosting sites. Not my choice, but that is what the moderators want. And you are correct, the fly-by capturing was the method I was using and is likely the reason myself, Orno and others have enemy drones in our hangars. At moment it is a pest that hurts my OCD everytime I look at my ship. I may one day sell the ship so the eyesore is gone. But that wont happen until I replace it.
I saw it, as the OP post was rather big I missed the presence of the save the first time... saw it on my way out but did not have time to edit my post...

The huge problem with vanilla is that it takes forever to capture a ship. I don't blame people for flyby boarding. Then again... the defence drones come out quickly when you board, you can easily kill them and then run away, then wait till the cows come home (expression for lateness) to get your captured ship all you like. If you are using a huge (therefore cumbersome) ship for boarding, you can always park a nice fast S Assassin (Mamba, Asp, Chimera or at least a Perseus) to take care of the drones, while the NPC pilot takes the main ship away.

I once kept the drone out of the ship for long enough that it was captured and my pilot started deliveries on it. The drone followed the ship for 3 sectors to land!!! Of course, I killed it just as it was approaching...

Remoradfc
x4

Post by Remoradfc » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 23:12

Not sure how Fly-by boarding could be the cause. Your sending droppods, marines are doing their thing, and the target still has drones around. I am still in the same sector, usually I hang around nearby, but out of range. I suppose it could be possible to do this method then leave sector. But again, that is no different than any other normal boarding operation. The only evident difference is that the target is at full health. But sure... if it is useful to devs, then it's useful to them. *shrug*

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 21:42

Remoradfc wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 23:12
Not sure how Fly-by boarding could be the cause. Your sending droppods, marines are doing their thing, and the target still has drones around. I am still in the same sector, usually I hang around nearby, but out of range. I suppose it could be possible to do this method then leave sector. But again, that is no different than any other normal boarding operation. The only evident difference is that the target is at full health. But sure... if it is useful to devs, then it's useful to them. *shrug*
The drone launches almost immediately after you are marked as hostile. So it turns against you more than the pods. If you are far away it will go all the wqay to it's allowed distance "chasing" you and then it will return. In the mean time the "target ship" is not stationery so the drone needs more time to catch up to it, some times waaaaaay more time (like if it sot out of sector. By that time the ship is captured, the dron belonging to the faction of the ship is no longer considered hostile by you and it lands in the captured ship's hamgar...

This is why I say kill all the drones. The rep loss is minimal...

Agouti
x4

Post by Agouti » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 11:16

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 11:36
The useful fact that it may occur during or because of fly-by boarding is the situational information needed that might allow the devs to prevent this happening and so make gameplay mechanic changes rather unnecessary. That boarding information would not have been evident from saves made well after the boarding event and so the devs have to rely on posters for situational history. Thanks for the contributions.
Had this same issue, occurred after a fly-by boarding on an allied Chthonios Mineral, however in my case both were in external storage and so could be destroyed.

Related topic, Fly-by-boarding feels super-exploity. A good solution, in my opinion, would be letting defence drones target the pods while they are drilling through the hull. This would both provide better boarding protection for most AI ships as well as make the second stage boarding actually a risk (instead of a time-sink).

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 11:22

1. "Me too" posts that don't add new information and/or a savegame are not required. See forum rules.
2. Don't add "related topics" in an existing thread. They will not be seen. If you have a new report for the beta, start a new thread an provide the information requested in the rules. If you just want to comment on gameplay, particularly gameplay that is not new in 6.00, please use the main X Universe forum.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”