[5.10 built 479084] unable to return to LoF for a 3rd time

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

waadaa85
x4

[5.10 built 479084] unable to return to LoF for a 3rd time

Post by waadaa85 » Sun, 6. Nov 22, 23:01

Hi,

Got that problem too when I tried to return for a third time to Leap Of Faith Sector. First and 2nd time worked good using the Katana, but after my last return, I tried to get back with the Astrid, to no avail.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Version and language :
-- V5.10 built 479084 (english)

Mods:
-- None. This is a Vanilla unmodified game I'm playing for 24D+5h without problem
(albeit the eye-popping/head missing textures flashing bug that requires to stop and reload the game... (but that one isn't the subject of the current bug report :)

Game start being played:
-- Custom Start

Exact nature of the problem:
-- I'm unable to get back to Leap of Faith sector using the Astrid. I'm at the very same anomaly marked by Bosota the first time I made it through.
-- I'd been able to get back a 2nd time (using a Katana) but when I tried to get back for a third time, using the Astrid, I jumped to another sector (Silent Witness XI)
-- I tried dozen of times after that: just before and after the first Wave, before/after the 2nd "electrical wave", and even after that... nothing worked
-- the Anomaly (like all anomalies throughout all the other X4 sectors) is shining a cyan-blue veil around (See screenshots)
-- The "sparkling" effect reported in the forum is not that obvious though.
-- Several screenshots available upon request by dev team

Any possibly relevant changes you have made to your game, system, or software before the issue occurred:
-- No change to the game/system or software has been made.
-- the only related thing, I made was to repair the damaged nav beacon. I wasn't able to repair it using the spacesuit so I dropped a new one and recover the old one)

Where appropriate, additional symptoms, error messages, links to saves, screenshots and crash dump files (see this Wiki entry).
-- No crash dump, no errors messages

Your system specifications in the form of a DxDiag report and vulkaninfo (see this Wiki entry).
-- I have both DXDiag and vulkaninfo reports available upon request by dev team

Thanks in advance,

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [5.10 built 479084] unable to return to LoF for a 3rd time

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 6. Nov 22, 23:10

Hello. Unless you can link a vanilla save showing the issue in progress (just before the tide happens right next to the anomaly would be ideal), there really is nothing that the devs can investigate. Screenshots just do not allow the necessary analysis of what is happening (or not).

From the Sticky at the top of the forum " .. ideally you can upload the data to a reputable public fileshare site (a few examples are Google Drive, DropBox or PasteBin, etc) but please don't use sites that spam advertising or require registration for downloads." All you need to do is post a public sharing link to the save in this thread.

The dev team has already requested supporting info for reports in that Sticky, so there really is no need for them to ask again.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

waadaa85
x4

Post by waadaa85 » Mon, 7. Nov 22, 19:12

Thanks Alan for the info. Here's the link to my saved game: <file removed >
Last edited by waadaa85 on Thu, 10. Nov 22, 02:44, edited 2 times in total.
WaaDaa

"Station Administration would like to remind you to keep the children away from the airlocks"

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Mon, 7. Nov 22, 19:29

Just to make sure : The anomaly should move you to Leap of Faith for (i think) about 1 minute after the Tide wave has cooled off (meaning once it's safe to travel in the sector), I don't think it teleports you to LoF while the Tide and it's after-effects are still active.

I suggest getting into the Astrid, which should have more than enough shield generation to withstand the Tide (otherwise upgrade its shields with shield regen mods) so you can stay right next to the anomaly. Once you are near the anomaly, wait for the Tide. When the Tide hits, the environment gets all orange from the heat. Once the Tide cools off the orange heat environment gets removed, which is, as far as I know, when the anomaly should start showing electric sparks, which should be rather obvious once you get close. Now you have one minute (i think, i could be wrong with the duration) to get through, which should transport you to Leap of Faith.

That the anomaly has a cyan color does not really mean anything, it's about the electric sparks that show when the anomaly is activated correctly.

Also, make sure to be with the correct anomaly. In the past we had some people mixing the anomalies in the sector up. :mrgreen:

Otherwise I can suggest verifying your game's data (Rlightclick on game in Steam -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify integrity of game files).

waadaa85
x4

Post by waadaa85 » Mon, 7. Nov 22, 22:12

Thanks Rei for your reply
I confirmed, I'm on the right Nav beacon, as I was able to get there a second time. Upon my return, nav beacon was damaged and I moved it just a bit up from the ecliptic to get it out of my path.

I'll take your advice to do an integrity check though.
thanks also for the tips about timing, I'd tried already different timings, even after the event, which was probably too long :-p
I'll give it a try tonight and post a reply if it worked.
Cheers,
Waa
WaaDaa

"Station Administration would like to remind you to keep the children away from the airlocks"

waadaa85
x4

Post by waadaa85 » Tue, 8. Nov 22, 14:06

Following Rei's suggestion, I tried again to jump after an integrity check through steam. Unfortunately it didn't worked...
So I pulled back an old save when I'd done it the first time with Boso Ta's help and made the following timetable to help me WAIT, then WAIT a bit longer !! :lol:

My problem was I synced my jump around the time the second Wave was passing through, so roughly still a 30 sec short... <palmface>

Tides timetable for the impatient
=============================

~ -|--Warning#1(T-10min)--|-- ~ --|---Warning#2(T-2min)--|--Wave#1 strike--|--Wave#2 strike--|--Cool down--|=== JUMP TIME ===|- ~
-10:00 ______________ -09:40_-02:00_______________-01:30___________-00:40__________+00:00_______+00:30___________+02:00

The timing is based on Boso Ta's original countdown (in minutes). The tricky part is to count 30 sec after the 2nd wave hit, when things are starting to settle down. Then the anomaly will start to electrify itself (its faint but still noticeable). From that moment you have about 1:30 min ~ 2:00 min to make your jump.

Hope it could help those who are impatient like me :P
And Thanks again Rei for your help , really appreciated

Cheers
Waa
WaaDaa

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”