[#310][v. 5.10] Invincible Station [No Mods] [Save File Attached]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

N7Cross
x4

[#310][v. 5.10] Invincible Station [No Mods] [Save File Attached]

Post by N7Cross » Tue, 25. Oct 22, 18:18

Hello everyone! Long time X fan here. Got X4 Foundations fairly recently and oh my is this game frustrating! :mrgreen:

I have stumbled upon an indestructable/unkillable/invincible station which I really really wanna destroy! Is this a known bug or perhaps I am missing something?

Anyway this station just sits at 5% hull and will not go any lower. I tried missiles, torpedoes, lasers you name it! But still it just sits there. Visually it is in perfect condition. All modules look like they are brand new! I got 3 Asgards, 3 Syns, 2 Osakas, 10 Katanas and 20 Elites going at it but somehow it lives on. I tried in sector/out of sector and still no luck.

Version and language: v. 5.10 - English [Steam]
Whether or not your game is modified using any third party scripts or mods: Pure Vanilla [No mods, scripts, software changes]
Game start being played: Default Argon
Exact nature of the problem: Hull Part Factory III - True Sight Sector - Indestructible
Any possibly relevant changes you have made to your game, system: None
Your system specifications in the form of a DxDiag report and vulkaninfo:

dxdiag: https://www.dropbox.com/s/73wnciyv0lwer ... g.txt?dl=0
vulkan: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftxq9o51djdkm ... o.txt?dl=0
save file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/utd8zlljgioxk ... ml.gz?dl=0

Screenshot: https://ibb.co/vBNBTjg
Last edited by N7Cross on Wed, 26. Oct 22, 10:33, edited 1 time in total.

Feloidea
x4

Re: Invincible Station. Please help.

Post by Feloidea » Tue, 25. Oct 22, 22:54

Only thing I could think of would be that it's a plot relevant station that may be legitimately indestructable. But I would assume those would be identifiable with the person icon next to it so I'm about as lost as you are.

N7Cross
x4

Post by N7Cross » Tue, 25. Oct 22, 23:45

Feloidea wrote:
Tue, 25. Oct 22, 22:54
Only thing I could think of would be that it's a plot relevant station that may be legitimately indestructable. But I would assume those would be identifiable with the person icon next to it so I'm about as lost as you are.
This actually is the only thing that makes sense. I'm not sure if those "Faction vs Faction" missions pop up randomly (so far they've been on defence/trade stations). However maybe something did pop up there and then disappeared once I became hostile. Honestly though looks super weird atm and unlikely.

Thank you either way. At least this eases my mind a bit. :wink:

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 26. Oct 22, 01:12

I recommend providing a not modified save file that demonstrates the issue. This allows the developers to investigate what exactly is happening.

N7Cross
x4

Post by N7Cross » Wed, 26. Oct 22, 10:34

Imperial Good wrote:
Wed, 26. Oct 22, 01:12
I recommend providing a not modified save file that demonstrates the issue. This allows the developers to investigate what exactly is happening.
Please find attached (in the OP) the required information. I hope you will have time to look into it. Thank you for your work, support and the game! :)
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Wed, 26. Oct 22, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added location of save

XoSPECTRE

Re: [#310][v. 5.10] Invincible Station [No Mods] [Save File Attached]

Post by XoSPECTRE » Fri, 28. Oct 22, 01:24

Maybe and i can be wrong but... station could be part of some story you didnt finish yet it happened to me whith some teladi factory i send 65 syns there on on 25 % they stop dealing damage to station and then i finish some mission and station was killed.

But i saw station in void but just as a texture whith no collision model . Btw some terans ships like some osaka cannot be destroyed too. So basicaly u cannot conquer teran space .

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Wed, 9. Nov 22, 16:32

This station is part of the "Welfare" missions and protected from being destroyed.

I went to nearby the station and Boso was talking about a "concerned supervisor", but there is no mission for it.
If you start research on the "gambling den" the mission appears. You need to go see Boso and the supervisor and will get guidance to dock at the invincible station to talk to the manager (which is going to be problematic at -30 rep).
As a workaround, you could try using a trick we use in the split story, by being aboard a capship that docks at the station, and then use the transporter room to get onto the station.

We have this issue tracked in our bugtracker and will see what can be improved.

N7Cross
x4

Post by N7Cross » Thu, 17. Nov 22, 08:58

Thank you so much for looking into it. Quest related stuff is quest related stuff. I suppose not much can be done about it.

As a suggestion (if I may :)) there could be some "quest symbol" next to stations which are currently invincible. Just so the player knows that stuff is going on there and may choose to postpone his destruction plans until later. Maybe its a dumb idea I'm no dev/game designer. But it's something! :D

Anyway, thanks again and all the best to you.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”