Haveing some Glich issue.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Staur106
x4

Haveing some Glich issue.

Post by Staur106 » Sat, 15. Oct 22, 18:46

Hello wen i have playd the game for few hours i keep geting this Glitch.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxw8q8hafgxmr ... 6.mp4?dl=0

here is my dxdig file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0w69mr1ll4evi ... g.txt?dl=0

And here is a save
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i81gxh1zatbvs ... ml.gz?dl=0

I hope you can help me figure this out, if there is anything more you need just let me know, thanks :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Haveing some Glich issue.

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 15. Oct 22, 20:08

Hello, have you verified your game installation recently and is your game and/or save modded or edited at all?

I'm not 100% sure of the nature of your issue as the screenshot/video clip is not that clear. Is it that the Inventory screen pops up unwanted, or that the Inventory screen becomes stuck?
EDIT: Nevermind, the play button was hidden by a dialogue screen.

Your DxDiag looks OK but is reporting StoreAgentScanForUpdatesFailure0 and vmswitch.sys issues that may be worth investigating further in case these are affecting gameplay somehow.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 15. Oct 22, 23:50

Flickering map might be a graphic driver bug, check for updates.

Try disabling map overlays (make map more simple) to see if that helps. X4 can have issues if there is too much being crammed onto the map.

Staur106
x4

Post by Staur106 » Sun, 16. Oct 22, 01:02

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sat, 15. Oct 22, 20:08
Hello, have you verified your game installation recently and is your game and/or save modded or edited at all?

I'm not 100% sure of the nature of your issue as the screenshot/video clip is not that clear. Is it that the Inventory screen pops up unwanted, or that the Inventory screen becomes stuck?

Your DxDiag looks OK but is reporting StoreAgentScanForUpdatesFailure0 and vmswitch.sys issues that may be worth investigating further in case these are affecting gameplay somehow.
I havent verified game files Resently might try that out, and no i dont use mods never do i feel like Cheating wen i do LOL.
Thanks for looking into this i will try to see if i'm missing some Drivers :) most of it is auto on my computer or a pop up that lets me know for my Radion card.
Yeah for some Resion Windows Defender was blocking my Radion Cilet from upgradeing, We will see if this fixes the issue for me :) Evryone have a nice day :)

Staur106
x4

Post by Staur106 » Tue, 18. Oct 22, 20:28

Staur106 wrote:
Sun, 16. Oct 22, 01:02
Alan Phipps wrote:
Sat, 15. Oct 22, 20:08

I havent verified game files Resently might try that out, and no i dont use mods never do i feel like Cheating wen i do LOL.
Thanks for looking into this i will try to see if i'm missing some Drivers :) most of it is auto on my computer or a pop up that lets me know for my Radion card.
Yeah for some Resion Windows Defender was blocking my Radion Cilet from upgradeing, We will see if this fixes the issue for me :) Evryone have a nice day :)
Still around after Grafic upgrade and Yesterday the game started to not allow me to open map unless Restarting the game, do you guys thing this might be on my site or something in the game it self or even steam?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 18. Oct 22, 21:30

Have you verified the game yet?

It is not an issue for almost all other players and so there has to be something going on with your game, system or set-up.

Staur106
x4

Post by Staur106 » Tue, 18. Oct 22, 22:53

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 18. Oct 22, 21:30

It is not an issue for almost all other players and so there has to be something going on with your game, system or set-up.
Yeah all was allright there.

here is a Screen of my ingame settings maybe it can help you guys help me find out what is goin on.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zkm7twkel84l ... 1.jpg?dl=0

Staur106
x4

Post by Staur106 » Mon, 5. Dec 22, 18:59

Staur106 wrote:
Tue, 18. Oct 22, 22:53
Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 18. Oct 22, 21:30

Yeah all was allright there.

here is a Screen of my ingame settings maybe it can help you guys help me find out what is goin on.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zkm7twkel84l ... 1.jpg?dl=0
I Think i have figure this out this is most likely memory full or something, X4 is heavy game to run for a long time, is annyone that reads this willing to give me a idea settings for the game that works really well for my computer whit out losing out much of the Glorius Look the game has? Thanks all that tryd to help me whit this issue.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 5. Dec 22, 19:20

With your 32 GB of system RAM and 16 GB of dedicated VRAM, I really doubt that it is a memory full issue. I play with half of those memory quantities and don't have your issues.

Some of your graphics settings might be taxing for your system for some obscure reasons, but the best way to check is for you to play around with those settings and see what makes things worse or better for you in terms of the balance between display quality, game performance, and stability.

Since you mentioned long gaming sessions as a factor, are you overclocking things at all, and have you tried with less or no overclocking?

Staur106
x4

Post by Staur106 » Mon, 5. Dec 22, 19:35

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 5. Dec 22, 19:20
With your 32 GB of system RAM and 16 GB of dedicated VRAM, I really doubt that it is a memory full issue. I play with half of those memory quantities and don't have your issues.

Some of your graphics settings might be taxing for your system for some obscure reasons, but the best way to check is for you to play around with those settings and see what makes things worse or better for you in terms of the balance between display quality, game performance, and stability.

Since you mentioned long gaming sessions as a factor, are you overclocking things at all, and have you tried with less or no overclocking?
No overclocking here, there is a change this might have something to do whit that i use the Map ALOT, but this is something on my end. I have allso Relised if i go into a gas Cloud my frames drop alot, and no i do not use the new Gas settings, but this is something on my end so i will ask a friend to check it out whit me one day:)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”