Stations' credits not increasing with trades (current steam version)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

oddgit
x4

Stations' credits not increasing with trades (current steam version)

Post by oddgit » Fri, 14. Oct 22, 06:39

Hi, i have noticed that randomly stations will not collect money as they sell stuff. I can not track down what causes it, but stations will just randomly give stuff away for free. I usually notice it on stations that make a lot of trades. Has anyone ran in to this? If i just change the money value, it starts earning money correctly again. Have i just been playing too long and its a bug that randomly pops up? The next time it happens i will try to make a game save to send to google drive to share.
Unmodified game.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Stations' credits not increasing with trades (current steam version)

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 14. Oct 22, 10:32

Are you sure they are trading it and not having it ejected/plundered by passing pirates masked as other factions?

A clue to that may be wares floating around your station sites, but they don't last there for long. Also look out for friendly/neutral faction ships nearby with plunderer/marauder/pillager in their descriptors.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Fri, 14. Oct 22, 20:40

100% sure, the trade hubs in question have at least 40 trade ships zipping around out of Nopileos Fortune I(i think I, the smaller sector) and Saturn 1. Their funds usually increase by around a million every few minutes. I normally notice when i go back and check on them after i drain their account and they are stuck at some random amount below 100,000 credits. Its not every time, and i can not get it to reproduce. But i have to watch the stations carefully, i remember doing some of the Hat story line along with the Terraformer line, after i left the torus, the station still had a super low amount of money, rolled my save back and check to make sure it was processing and by the time i left the torus i believe it was up to about 20 million credits. They are all set to buy from my factories, they do have mineral and gas mining and delivery, and i do not use auto traders.
I used to us a crowd sim software called massive that sometimes would act up if it was left open and running too long, it kind of reminds me of that. hah. Hard to track the cause, irritating when it happens, and it doesnt always happen.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 14. Oct 22, 22:00

Thanks. Unfortunately, without a save showing it happening, or ideally about to reliably happen, there is pretty much nothing the devs can investigate.

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Sun, 16. Oct 22, 16:48

I*ll try to remember to grab a save when it happens, hopefully relaunching the game reset the stations so they keep earning.

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Sat, 29. Oct 22, 19:36

Hi, i just noticed a station acting up. It is the Hat III trade station. It was stuck at some random amount of credits, i transferred all of the funds out and it immediately started earning credits again.
I believe both saves i have included have this issue.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vLlhI8 ... share_link

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Sun, 30. Oct 22, 02:05

Also it happened to the solar plant in Mercury, it has 40 or 50 traders, not all of them are running stuff to my stations.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 30. Oct 22, 02:18

Regarding the 'random amount of credits', could this be the surplus threshold for the station at which point excess funds are transferred from the station to the player account?

The auto-transfer threshold is 3 times the set budget, if I recall correctly, and at that point about the set budget amount is transferred across. Of course, strange things might seem to happen if a very low or nil budget has been set.

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Sun, 30. Oct 22, 03:06

it will be something very low, often below 250,000 credits, it will just hang there for a while. I i know it isn't an issue with the trade ships assigned to it, if i drop some of the high volume stations to zero credits, they will pop back up to a new credit value very quickly.
Is auto transfer something you manually turn on or is it an automated thing?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 30. Oct 22, 09:50

It's automatic at 3 times the set station budget, I think.

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Mon, 31. Oct 22, 00:22

Neat Alan, i did not know that. Thanks :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”