[5.10] all DLC, Terraforming mission problem, resources vanishing

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

W3drowiec

[5.10] all DLC, Terraforming mission problem, resources vanishing

Post by W3drowiec » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 14:27

Hi,
I've got a problem with terraforming mission. Got over 3/4 resources needed for technology and after that resources starts to disappear. 3 resources needed and I've delivered let's say
- 1,4M / 1,65M
- 364K / 409K
- 442K / 496K
106 drones to be build. After some timie I have:
- 0,9M / 1,65M
- 290K / 409K
- 330K / 496K

and 350 drones to be build.
This happends for first time, I've finished 2 or 3 complete missions without any problem.

Tried this several times, for hours. Restarted game. Restarted this technology (stopped, all drones landed, started again). I think I put first resource 10 times more than needed.
Any ideas?
https://i.postimg.cc/7634N0G9/20221005214923-1.jpg
Last edited by CBJ on Thu, 6. Oct 22, 14:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Oversized image replaced with link

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [5.10] all DLC, Terraforming mission problem, resources vanishing

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 14:44

Terraforming resources are quite attractive to pirates, are you sure you don't have any masked SCA or FAF ships camped near your HQ and causing your storage to release wares to space?

There is one terraforming mission where unstable volcanic conditions on the planet may cause you to lose your supplied drones.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

W3drowiec

Post by W3drowiec » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 18:21

Thank you for reply.

Resources landed - is it possible that they can be stolen from surface of planet? OK, they can steal, i can steal and throw resources into space from base. But i'm not losing resources from base!
Another thing - volcanic conditions. OK, got earthquakes there. But it was not a problem with techs on this planet before. Also, I don't lose resources in the beginning, always at nearly the same point - energy cells to ~1,3M. Not the same time frame for example every 10 or 20 minutes. I just can't get lover than ~90 drones to be build.
Perhaps I'll stop delivery and see if it will go down to near zero over time.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 18:40

W3drowiec wrote:
Thu, 6. Oct 22, 18:21
Resources landed - is it possible that they can be stolen from surface of planet?
Some planets have events like quakes or the likes where it will hinder your progress by ruining things on the planet. Often its better to address these before starting other projects to avoid loss of things already sent.

MFG

Ketraar

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 7. Oct 22, 02:38

The screenshot shows that the planet suffers from seismic activity. Every time the Earthquake production finishes there is a severity dependent chance to cause projects awaiting resources to lose resources. The planet you are terraforming has a seismic severity level of 1. This means that resource loss can happen but will occur infrequently and for small amounts.

To get around seismic activity you need to time your shipments to occur in-between cycles. This is done by building a lot of storage modules and wharves on the HQ and storing the entire project's worth of resources up front. Then a few seconds before an earthquake completes you begin your project. Before the next completion cycle all resources should have been delivered. Once all resources are delivered, they are safe from earthquakes.

If you own Cradle of Humanity and complete the PIO storyline you get access to a project Techtonic Scafolding which completely eliminates seismic activity. Without the DLC it is only possible to reduce seismic activity on the worst affected planet by building the Volcano Caps project, the most expensive nonrepeating project in X4, and even that will not entirely eliminate the problem. Avoid building Bore Holes as those increase seismic activity, even if they offer a cheap way to improve the planet, although you can possibly patch them up with Techtonic Scafolding after they are built.

To protect against pirates looting your HQ, assign a significant defence wing to defend it. Pirates generally ignore well defended stations, preferring to loot ones with few combat ships nearby.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”