Godrealm and Teladi randomly started fighting with each other

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Erixon
x4

Godrealm and Teladi randomly started fighting with each other

Post by Erixon » Fri, 30. Sep 22, 01:18

Hi!

This is my 50th hour of my run and I went to Trinity sanctum III to buy some blueprints and saw that Teladi freighters were destroyed by paranid stations and ships. Acording to the Encyclopedia they not enemies.

I loaded some previous save and it seems 'war' has begun 2 hours ago. It is not first time I see such situtuation in exactly same place, but previous instances were in the very beginning of the game and I just restarted it.
Teladi freighters are very assertive in attempt make profitsss with paranid staions and dying just near the Gate Trinity Sanctum III - Bright Promise. I think there are about 50 wrecks of Teladi L-ships.
Similiar thing happens with paranid ships in Bright Promise.

Are there some game mechanics which eventually stop 'war' between fraction which are not supposed to fight with each other or do they continue to fight until they will be destroyed by Xenon for example because their economics dies without freighters and miners?

Meanwhile, I will leave game on seta to see if this 'war' resolves over night)

Erixon
x4

Re: Godrealm and Teladi randomly started fighting with each other

Post by Erixon » Fri, 30. Sep 22, 01:39

Small update: I found Teladi builder which building a Paranid station and firing at it. And staion retaliates)). So Builder repairing and destroying station in the same time. Teladi are running very nice business )

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 30. Sep 22, 09:12

We have tried to ensure that minor incidents between factions don't turn into all-out war, so if you have a situation in which you think things have got out of hand, we'd be interested in seeing an unmodified savegame that demonstrates it.

Erixon
x4

Post by Erixon » Fri, 30. Sep 22, 16:33

Unfortunately, I have VRO + some minor mods installed. I left game to play itself for 10 hours and war continue to wage but now mostly between Paranids and Ministry, which previously was indeferent. So I load an old save file and waited it SETA until apporoximate moment of war started but it didn't. No idea why they started cutting each other throat.

Also I analyzed save file (it is essentialy archived xml) and reputation between Teladi and Paranid seems positive. I couldn't find where stored temporary reputation between ships though.

Basically, I'll continue with old save without war.

Peace!

Erixon
x4

Post by Erixon » Fri, 30. Sep 22, 16:35

Also I found this 4-year-old topic with same issue viewtopic.php?t=409819

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 30. Sep 22, 16:47

If your game is modified then it's very possible that the mod(s) you are using could have triggered, or at least affected, the situation. And a lot has changed in 4 years, so it's highly unlikely that whatever was happening back then would be happening now for the same reason, even in an unmodified game. :)

Erixon
x4

Post by Erixon » Fri, 30. Sep 22, 17:02

Ok, case closed)

But I swear that I had the same situation in April on 5.00 in unmodified game, don't have a savegame though. Thanks for your replies.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 30. Sep 22, 17:20

I'm not suggesting it definitely didn't, or can't, happen in an unmodified game. I'm just saying that without an unmodified savegame that demonstrates it happening, we have nothing on which to base any investigation. And with a modified one, we could end up wasting a lot of time chasing down something that is quite likely to be nothing to do with our code. :)

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Fri, 30. Sep 22, 21:22

Relevant topic : viewtopic.php?f=146&t=447973&p=5129440
It seems for some reason rarely PAR and TEL are attacking each other for a while. It happens rather frequently in my current game, and it usually lasts an hour or so.
Some speculate that it's SCA disguising themselves as TEL while attacking PAR property, causing a temporary war between the TEL and PAR.

Whatever the reason may be, I like it. The game needs more sudden outbursts between more factions every once in a while, it's fun. :)

Lunif

Post by Lunif » Mon, 13. Feb 23, 05:19

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 30. Sep 22, 17:20
I'm not suggesting it definitely didn't, or can't, happen in an unmodified game. I'm just saying that without an unmodified savegame that demonstrates it happening, we have nothing on which to base any investigation. And with a modified one, we could end up wasting a lot of time chasing down something that is quite likely to be nothing to do with our code. :)
I have this same thing going on in my unmodified game. No idea what happened. I have been spending most of my time in split space and just came down to paranid space for a blueprint and found Phoenixes and Odysseuses going at it. Every now and then when I happen to go through paranid space there is at least some kind of battle going on with the Teladi. It has probably been going on for at least the last 50 hours or so of game play. Just let me know how to get it to you and I will send you my save file.
"Maybe somebody should've labeled the future 'some assembly required'" -Michael Garibaldi

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 13. Feb 23, 10:07

@ Lunif: Upload the save to a reputable public fileshare site and just post the open public sharing link here, thanks.

I too have pretty much the same TEL/PAR war going on in their sectors around the East part of the highway loop (as with the OP) in my long-term vanilla game. Unfortunately it is long past the point where a save would help the devs to understand how it started and escalated. You might be in a similar situation.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Lunif

Post by Lunif » Thu, 16. Feb 23, 07:10

Sorry I took so long to get back to this. I've been dealing with some medical issues. Anyway, an update on the TEL / PAR war, they do not seem to always be aggressive. I went through their space the other night and they were peaceful. Then looked again the next night and saw a lot of grey TEL ships on the map.

Save file that I set aside the other day: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5uu5loi9azt2 ... ml.gz?dl=0

Also along with this save file there are a couple other things I should report I guess. I have a carrier named Claire (KPN-384) that has a fighter (YQZ-776) stuck in it unable to undock. It happened when I had him along with 39 other fighters and ordered them all to change commander. He bugged out and got stuck. Could not manually take control of the ship either because he said he was busy. Putting in internal storage did not reset it even. I even tried selling the ship and he is still stuck there except I did so while it was in internal storage so I can't even blow him up now. I did read that this was an issue in the past that was fixed but it bugged out last year which was after it was said to have been fixed.

Lastly there are three stations: (WQJ-894),(DEI-908), and (BVC-847) in Zyarth Dominion IV that are like So far behind the gates that one of them is even outside of the gray fog of war. I would have never found these stations if I had not bought the Trade Subscription from Zyarth. I have no idea why they built the stations out that far. It wasn't even one of the sectors the Xenon made it to. But it has made the map very annoying and I actively avoid that sector now unless I need blueprints. I have decided I will never buy the trade subscription again to avoid this.

If preferred I can make separate posts about those other issues.
"Maybe somebody should've labeled the future 'some assembly required'" -Michael Garibaldi

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 16. Feb 23, 13:46

Thanks for the save but please don't put different unrelated issues into the same Tech Sp thread as only the dev responsible for the title issue gameplay will be monitoring and reading this.

The issue of far distant stations has been reported before.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Themroc
x4

Post by Themroc » Thu, 16. Feb 23, 23:45

I got a similar incident with PAR/TEL in my long term vanilla playthrough...25 day in game... mid-late game...for me

X4-5.10 - (Build 479084), game started with 2.5 , all DLC´s

Description:

Location - Profitcenter Alpha

3 PAR Odysseus attacking TEL Shipyard
1 PAR Oddy get down
2 PAR Oddy try to dock at this shipyard with order to repair

I saw this skirmish incidental and dit make a savegame entry. Unfortunately I have no save before.

save per PM

greetings T.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”