[Bug Report - 5.10] Torpedoes doing no dmg in low attention

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ragnos28
x4

[Bug Report - 5.10] Torpedoes doing no dmg in low attention

Post by Ragnos28 » Fri, 16. Sep 22, 19:54

Version: 5.10 HF3
Language: English
Mods: None - Vanillla
link for save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s6NPro ... sp=sharing

Description:
In low attention, a wing of 60 Chimera, weapon loaudout: 4 neutron gatling + 1 torpedo launcher, betwin 19 -21 heavy torpedoes for each Chimera, 1007 heavy torpedoes for the entire wing, is ordered to atack a xenon K.
While the K is eventually destroyed, the entire loadout of 1007 heavy torpedoes is spent. That is 1007 heavy torpedoes * 17.246 MJ heavy torpedo mk1 detonation output = 17.366.722 MJ worth of dmg that, for all intents and purposes, is ignored by the low attention calculations.

How to reproduce the scenario:
- go to property list --> select the 4th fleet starting from the bottom, fleet leader Raptor - Flagship, go to map location, the alpha atack wing already have atack orders in effect --> watch the loadout screen info for any Chimera in the wing during the engagement.

Falcrack
x4

Re: [Bug Report - 5.10] Torpedoes doing no dmg in low attention

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 2. Dec 22, 16:09

My guess is that the only reason the K was destroyed was because of the neutron gatling on the chimeras, with no damage contribution from the torpedoes at all. My tests with fighters equipped only with torpedoes resulted in no damage when observed OOS, and total carnage and destruction when observed IS.

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=450400

Submarine
x3tc

Post by Submarine » Sun, 4. Dec 22, 11:36

I have seen the same, I had a Pegasus with torp launcher and full load of heavy torpedos which I experimented with piloting in sector vs a disabled K and the torps were very slow moving but took a chunk out of shields.

I left the sector and ordered the Pegasus to attack and it notified that it had run out of ordnance but the K had taken no additional damage.

I waited patiently in case the torps were still travelling but nothing changed and I concluded I had just wasted about half a million credits on absolutely nothing because torps dont work out of sector which is a chunk of OOS strat simply absent and that on top of the interface issues and load times seems to have been the last straw for me.

Haven't played since.
bloop

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 4. Dec 22, 17:00

As the thread that Falcrack linked above says, the devs are on the case and some improvements are already in the works. More 'me too' posts about the current version without further case evidence for the devs to check their fixes against really won't change anything.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”