[#72][5.10 HF2] Salvaging of a station no longer possible

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Havoc2054

[#72][5.10 HF2] Salvaging of a station no longer possible

Post by Havoc2054 » Sun, 12. Jun 22, 19:19

Hi all,

I was salvaging a Xenon defence station with a Teuta until a Xenon K gave it a "warm welcome". So I pulled it back and swapped it with a Syn to properly say "hello". Now I´m unable to continue the salvaging of said station because the corresponding order "salvage wreck" is no longer available. I did some "homework" to give you a bunch of information for bughunt (translated from the ger version, so excuse me please if the terms don´t match 100%):
* The "salvage wreck" order over the right-click menue is instead replaced by: (not a case of L2P btw... 8) )
- Fly to and wait
- Dock and wait (greyed out)
- Attack (order gets aborted immediatly after)
- Attack multiple targets
* Scrap value is 67 (maybe to low to engage the salvaging process?)
* The station is not targetable from the cockpit if you fly to it yourself (you can only select it from map view)
* The station does not show up under the tab "stations and subordinates" (because its "properly dead")
* The station is under the coverage of a advanced satellite (If that matters)
* It doesn´t vanish if you fly out of the sector nor over time
* The bug is save persistent (sadly :cry: )
* Game is a "stock" 5.10 HF2 with SV, COH and TOA (NO traces of mods)

A question especially for the devs who have access to the mysterious coding magic of the source code that even Boso Ta gets jealous :mrgreen: : Normally a a bigger wreck (station and capitals) vanishes when you fly out of the sector. Is this condition set on "false" once such a wreck is getting salvaged? I ask, because it could be part of the problem and prevents it at least to autoresolve it! In therory, if for example the scrap value of 67 is to low for salvaging (because of a possible minimum threshold of the scrap cubes) and the "vanish condition" is no longer true, well false and false gives a true bug! :lol:

And the morale of the story: Once you start something, finish it!!! (even if a Xenon K shows up) :wink:

Many thanks in advance and fly safe!

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [5.10 HF2] Salvaging of a station no longer possible

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 14. Jun 22, 16:32

Please link to the save you have this issue present so it can be investigated, thanks.

MFG

Ketraar

Havoc2054

Post by Havoc2054 » Tue, 14. Jun 22, 19:32

Hello Ketraar,

thank you very much for your response and support!!!

The link to the save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QdHUHs ... sp=sharing

As additional information, the XEN defence station is in Hatikvah´s Choice 1 and the savegame is overwritten many times since then but the points I mentioned above shouldn´t changed, exept the point that you cannot target the station at all.
I created the last savegame (the file in the link) so, that you are facing that station directly.

Happy bughunt! :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

Kind regards

Havoc2054

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Thu, 16. Jun 22, 06:23

All bullet points are correct for me as well, here's a save (all destroyed VIG stations in all Windfall sectors have the same issue):

https://file.io/l9wIKggjnQv9

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Fri, 17. Jun 22, 22:09

Same issue :
In my case, the PAR Paranid Trading Station in Pious Mists II has been destroyed and it has been there as a grey wreck for several days now.
It doesn't get salvaged by Manticores or Teutas and it does not despawn. Also, PAR does not seem to rebuild the station anywhere.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rkpW1R ... sp=sharing

Surealism
x4

Re: [#72][5.10 HF2] Salvaging of a station no longer possible

Post by Surealism » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 04:20

I've run into this problem a few times as I've got Teutas stationed in Heretic's End scavenging wrecked Xenon that my destroyers kill. Digging through the save files and doing a diff of the XML for various wrecks I came to the conclusion that it has to do with the Teuta "lock" mechanism. There's a particular "hull" node that gets added to the wreck XML whenever a Teuta is working on that wreck between the "controltexture" and "drop" nodes:

Code: Select all

<controltexture id="4134"/>
<hull value="0"/>
<drop ref="ship_large_xenon"/>
This seems to signal that the wreck is off limits for other Teutas, it also makes it so if you try to target the wreck it won't target correctly nor show the remaining scrap. I've confirmed this by removing the the hull node from the xml for wrecks that are bugged like this and reloading, which solves the problem and make the wrecks targetable for salvage. If you don't mind having your save flagged as modified you could use this as a workaround, hopefully this helps track down this annoying issue. One thing that makes this bug worse is that eventually wrecks will become invisible (though I'm not 100% sure that it's related and might be a separate issue it seems to happen when the wrecks linger beyond when the game would normally remove them). This seems to be due to the flags attribute on the parameter node being set to off and the ship XML having animations despite being dead:

Code: Select all

<parameter flags="off" value="0" owner="[0x10179c45]" name="mat_dynamicglow" type="glow">
Other wrecks that show up correctly don't have any animation nodes and have all of their flags attributes set to "on|override".

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”