[1859]5.10 Stranded Start CoH issue - Fixed in a future update

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Prosik
x3tc

[1859]5.10 Stranded Start CoH issue - Fixed in a future update

Post by Prosik » Mon, 9. May 22, 00:29

My stranded start working on 2nd part of Terran plot quest.

Linked save has me in the Odysseus Vanguard A recovered from Faulty Logic VII.
In the save in Neptune right near the Kuraokami, currently scrap, along with the S class xenon and the P getting carted off by a Manticore.

My current mission says Defeat: Obelisk Ikegami's Posse, however Wolfish Heart (FAH-467) is a wreck and the quest orange line leads right to it.

I have tried saving and reloading. Leaving the sector and returning. And as another thread said fixed this run through the file check through Steam. None of these have 'fixed' this issue. I hope this save is not broken.

Not modified in any way and no Mods etc.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfum7lx9c4jsw ... ml.gz?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nj59p25ka9d4h ... ml.gz?dl=0

2 Different saves one quick and one in slot 4 immediately after destroying Obelisk's ship.
I accidentally mostly habit created the quick save overwriting a save prior to arriving in Neptune unfortunately.

Next things I am going to try are fly to the edge of Neptune and try destroying some random xenon m's and n's and see if the quest proceeds.
Also copying the save to Linux box and see if anything shakes out there if the above does not 'fix' it.

Any other ideas?!? I have completed this quest chain several times on other 'older' saves without any problems.

Update: Mission advanced
Leaving the immediate area heading for the edge of the sector as soon as I started hunting for xenon the mission advanced and the wreck of Obelisk's ship was not there anymore.
Is there a timer on the ship that is now longer than before with the ability to recycle wrecks?

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [1859]5.10 Stranded Start CoH issue

Post by Gimbutz » Wed, 8. Jun 22, 10:33

Sorry for the late reply, and thank you for the report!

While I can plainly see that the target ship is indeed wrecked and still doesn't count as destroyed, I can't reproduce the issue - meaning that when playing the mission myself, I've so far been unable to get it stuck like you did. Do you remember what exactly you did to destroy Obelisk?

sirprosik
x4

Post by sirprosik » Fri, 10. Jun 22, 05:50

No problem.

Direct damage from front guns of the Odysseus at close range :)

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 12:37

Thank you for your patience. This issue will be fixed in a future update.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”