[v5.1 vanilla] Basic Chassis Mods research mission wont start - Resolved/Bug (NPC assigned to incomplete station)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

helper800

[v5.1 vanilla] Basic Chassis Mods research mission wont start - Resolved/Bug (NPC assigned to incomplete station)

Post by helper800 »

My start was Project Genesis. I cannot get Boso Ta to give me the mission to retrieve nanites from his contact. The mission never starts after I start the research. I have attempted to start the research in front of him to get the quest as well to no avail. I have been able to start and complete all the other research missions for mods. Without chassis mods my playthrough just seems hollow. I have been in multiple situations with Xeonon that I could have potentially gotten through had I the ability to access the chassis mods. I really do not want to start another game and progress to the point to check if its a bug with the game version or just with my particular playthrough. Please let me know if you have an idea or a fix, or if you need more information from me about my game or otherwise!

My PC specs are as follows:
CPU - 5800x3d
GPU - EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080
SSD1 (OS) - Samsung 970 Evo Plus
SSD2 (Game drive) - HP EX950 2tb
RAM - 4x8gb (32) 3600 cl14-15-15-36
OS - Win 10 19044.1645
Graphics Driver - 471.96

DxDiag and Vulcan info here *have since added a compressed and uncompressed save file*: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
helper800

Re: [v5.1 No Mods Installed] Basic Chassis Mods research mission wont start

Post by helper800 »

The problem is solved! With the help of eMYNOCK (developer) from the steam forums among others who helped we were able to ascertain the crux of the issue. The game was trying to assign the NPC for the nanites to a station that was not built yet. eMYNOCK was able to deduce the exact station that the game was trying to spawn the NPC with the nanites. With this information I was able to give the station the material it needed at a price it could afford with a trader to get it built. I then started the research again and all of a sudden it gave me a mission to do. I have since gotten all the research completed. This link shows the forum posts on steam that lead solving my issue: https://steamcommunity.com/app/392160/d ... 690125947/

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”