[#1168][5.1] Unmod - Minotaur Hunting mission ship destroyed before mission completion - Fix in a future build.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ChefHengl
xr

[#1168][5.1] Unmod - Minotaur Hunting mission ship destroyed before mission completion - Fix in a future build.

Post by ChefHengl » Wed, 13. Apr 22, 08:09

Hi Everyone,

I am in the Mission 'Minotaur Hunting' to help ACE saize a better ship.
He spawns a ship in Windfall I. The problem is that this sector is flooded with VIG fighters which keep destroying the Minotaur before I can even reach it.
It seems to me that the Minotaur spawns, finds the nearest VIG ship and attacks it, or the other way around :)

Currently I cannot proceed with this mission.

The most annoying part is that Ace keeps calling me that the ship is destroyed and he is looking for a new one, a new one spawns and then he explains that I should scan the ship and that I should only do this with S and M ships because in destroyers the captains and marines are too subborn to bail. Then the ship is destroyed and the loops thats at the beginning.

Is there anything I can do?

Admiral Sausage

Re: [5.1] Unmodded - Minotaur Hunting mission ship gets destroyed before mission can be completed

Post by Admiral Sausage » Fri, 15. Apr 22, 18:34

I just had the same problem. I went through half a dozen of the stupid things before I managed to keep one alive for the whole encounter.

They spawn a long way above the ecliptic, presumably to keep them out of harm's way, but the pilots all engaged travel drive towards the nearest VIG fighter wing as soon as they could.

Eventually one spawned in a dense enough patch of asteroids that I managed to get to it, scan it and start shooting before it could fly very far.

Phobos666
x3tc

Re: [5.1] Unmodded - Minotaur Hunting mission ship gets destroyed before mission can be completed

Post by Phobos666 » Sun, 1. May 22, 03:43

This mission is really killing me. It's so bugged. They spawn the ship next to the vigs who destroy the ship every time befor I am even able to scan it. You can't abort the mission either and Ace is talking you the ear of. It's so damn annoying.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 2. May 22, 18:35

Please provide a save where the issue is present so it can be looked into, thanks.

MFG

Ketraar

howard494

Post by howard494 » Sun, 27. Nov 22, 23:25

In 30 years of playing video games, I've never made a forum account...until today. This is the most infuriating thing I've ever encountered in a game. Just like everyone reports, as SOON as that ship spawns, it turns on travel drive and goes directly for the nearest ship to cause trouble. It doesn't matter if it's one of the fighters or just a miner in the belt, it's going in for an attack. Simple solution, turn that ship's AI off of aggressive. That ship should not move until the player approaches and takes some type of action against it. One of the 20 times I attempted this mission, Teladi guy says "let me find another target" and before he could finish the sentence the ship was destroyed. Holy cow, just turn off the aggressive behavior and switch it to purely defensive. It's like the mission was designed to troll people or something.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 28. Nov 22, 09:50

@ howard494: Well as you will see in the post above yours, the devs would be very keen to have a link to a vanilla save that shows the issue in the process of happening so that they can investigate and put it right. That hasn't happened so far despite the plea. Have a reread of this Sticky post at the top of this forum and that you would have read before posting which tells players how to do what is needed to get problems fixed.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

sirprosik
x4

Post by sirprosik » Sat, 11. Mar 23, 17:10

Here is a save from 6 beta 5.
I thought this was fixed a while ago. The Minotaur Raiders fly toward VIG forces and Stations making this mission fairly difficult.
Also the "target" could be made to depart more easily specifically for this mission only to make it solvable. Or perhaps allow the player
to move to a different sector like Silent Witness XI.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e88itd2hshf3k ... g.zip?dl=0

agodin

Post by agodin » Mon, 24. Apr 23, 04:18

6.0 and this issue is still as frustrating as it is. Been playing video games since i was 5 years old and i would get angry at video games from time to time , but no other game design choice has made me loose hope in humanity.

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [#1168][5.1] Unmodded - Minotaur Hunting mission ship gets destroyed before mission can be completed

Post by izalith » Fri, 5. May 23, 11:09

Thanks to the save this issue will be resolved in a future build.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”